Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

so are we getting any new jurassic world sets in 2021

It's possible that we'll get 1 or 2 sets that aren't based on Dominion but it's more likely that all sets have been delayed to 2022.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Sam Neill confirmed something new for JWD, read at your own risk: 

Reveal hidden contents

Giganotosaurus is in JWD

Spoiler

Very intersting choice of this dinosaur to be featured in Jurassic World: Dominion. 

I just looked this species up and it looks like it’s more larger than T-rex. If it comes in LEGO set, it may require entire new large molds. 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:
  Hide contents

Very intersting choice of this dinosaur to be featured in Jurassic World: Dominion. 

I just looked this species up and it looks like it’s more larger than T-rex. If it comes in LEGO set, it may require entire new large molds. 

If it does I'm sure it'll be the T-Rex body with a new headmold, LEGO doesn't care all that much about scale

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If it does I'm sure it'll be the T-Rex body with a new headmold, LEGO doesn't care all that much about scale

It would be same for Spinosaurus (adding a sail to a T-rex body). 

On 11/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Sam Neill confirmed something new for JWD, read at your own risk: 

Reveal hidden contents

Giganotosaurus is in JWD

Yeah I saw the interview, I sincerely hope Lego makes one, that would be amazing, and something I never thought would happen! Definitely one of my personal favorites

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It’s approximately the same size, maybe a little longer and/or taller, but the Rex is definitely stockier, heavier, and stronger with a stronger bite force as well. But the same body mold would be perfectly fine. It would be more accurate than the Indominus body mold for the Carno, that's for sure

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s approximately the same size, maybe a little longer and/or taller, but the Rex is definitely stockier, heavier, and stronger with a stronger bite force as well. But the same body mold would be perfectly fine. It would be more accurate than the Indominus body mold for the Carno, that's for sure

According to sources the JWD Giga will be slightly bigger than the T-Rex with a more robust and muscular build and a slim skull with prominent jawlines. It's unknown wether these are tests or for the actual movie but there's also talk of a feathered version and non-feathered ones with a green colorscheme with red accents and one with a darker brown. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

According to sources the JWD Giga will be slightly bigger than the T-Rex with a more robust and muscular build and a slim skull with prominent jawlines. It's unknown wether these are tests or for the actual movie but there's also talk of a feathered version and non-feathered ones with a green colorscheme with red accents and one with a darker brown. 

With companies like Biosyn and Mantah Corp. it makes a lot of sense that new versions of the animals are being created, such as feathered ones. 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

With companies like Biosyn and Mantah Corp. it makes a lot of sense that new versions of the animals are being created, such as feathered ones. 

Yeah that totally makes sense. I havne’t thought of Biosyna and other companies. 

Let the chicken jokes commence :tongue: 

I was always a bit sceptical how feathered dinos would look in the JW context, the same goes for their LEGO counterparts. But I‘m sure they can pull it off without looking too goofy :laugh:

On 11/23/2020 at 12:08 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Let the chicken jokes commence :tongue: 

I was always a bit sceptical how feathered dinos would look in the JW context, the same goes for their LEGO counterparts. But I‘m sure they can pull it off without looking too goofy :laugh:

*staring to imagine Chickensaurus terrorizing city* Yup it may look goofy in JWD movie and lego, haha!

I really want sets based on Jurassic World; Camp Cretaceous. Does anyone know if Lego would need a new license to produce those?

There's already a mold for a baby Ankylosaurus to represent Bumpy. Mostly I want the 8 main human characters as minifigures, (the teens and their camp counsellors)

9 minutes ago, Killian said:

I really want sets based on Jurassic World; Camp Cretaceous. Does anyone know if Lego would need a new license to produce those?

There's already a mold for a baby Ankylosaurus to represent Bumpy. Mostly I want the 8 main human characters as minifigures, (the teens and their camp counsellors)

They do not but wether or not we'll actually get CC sets remains to be seen. And the baby Ankylosaurus isn't ''a mold they could use for Bumpy'', it is Bumpy :wink:

On 12/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, Killian said:

I feel the same way. 

But we still don’t know anything about 2021 sets yet. In my own thoughts, I hope the LEGO Group gonna do Camp Cretaceous sets since Domion is delayed to 2022. Once again, we don’t know at the moment. 

There’s a new CC trailer, with a lot of Lego potential if TLG is smart enough to capitalize on this series. Really hoping for a Ceratosaurus and maybe even some recolors of the Baryonyx

Looks pretty good. Not incredibly excited for it after the numerous inaccuracies and inconsistent stuff in Season 1 but it should definetely be enjoyable!

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There’s a new CC trailer, with a lot of Lego potential if TLG is smart enough to capitalize on this series. Really hoping for a Ceratosaurus and maybe even some recolors of the Baryonyx

I'd love to get some CC sets but I personally don't see that happen. The bary should remain untouched imo as there's no way LEGO will give us Chaos, Grim and Limbo :sceptic: 

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks pretty good. Not incredibly excited for it after the numerous inaccuracies and inconsistent stuff in Season 1 but it should definetely be enjoyable!

I'd love to get some CC sets but I personally don't see that happen. The bary should remain untouched imo as there's no way LEGO will give us Chaos, Grim and Limbo :sceptic: 

I figured Chaos was the one we saw in FK and he came in the set last year

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I figured Chaos was the one we saw in FK and he came in the set last year

Chaos and FK's Baryonyx have different colors and markings. If they're supposed to be the same individual the animators really screwed up :shrug_oh_well:

Say, is it likely to find out about 2021’s Jurasic World sets close to 2HY? LIke May or June before a very few sets could be revealed/released. 

Of course, we have no solid evidence and we do not know anything atm.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Chaos and FK's Baryonyx have different colors and markings. If they're supposed to be the same individual the animators really screwed up :shrug_oh_well:

They look very similar to me. Gray/tan underbelly with a dark blue hue on the back and head

47 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Say, is it likely to find out about 2021’s Jurasic World sets close to 2HY? LIke May or June before a very few sets could be revealed/released. 

Of course, we have no solid evidence and we do not know anything atm.

I've checked this with my source many times over the last few months and it basically comes down to "we know a lot but also very little".

There's a lot of Jurassic stuff in the pipeline but it will be a while before we get solid info on wether or not any of those products will keep their original 2021 release.

So excited for the new Camp Cretaceous series. Just can't believe I still can't find a way to watch Double Trouble without having to obtain a US credit card to watch it on Amazon. Still no word whatsoever on DVDs or anything in Australia. Tempted to buy the US DVD, but it'll probably be uploaded online before it gets here. Lol.

38 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

So excited for the new Camp Cretaceous series. Just can't believe I still can't find a way to watch Double Trouble without having to obtain a US credit card to watch it on Amazon. Still no word whatsoever on DVDs or anything in Australia. Tempted to buy the US DVD, but it'll probably be uploaded online before it gets here. Lol.

Honestly I don’t care about it if it’s not canon