Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I hope Lego one day make sets that include the following dinosaurs:

brachiosaurus

mosasaurus

spinosaurus

I don't know what the chances are, what do you guys think?

Just now, JediJosh said:

brachiosaurus

mosasaurus

spinosaurus

Brachiosaurus will probably never happen, it's way too big to do in normal size and if they downscale it to fit in a set it won't really be a Brachi anymore. Mosasaurus is kinda 50/50 but if it isn't in the Dominion wave I doubt we'll ever get it. Spinosaurus is definetely something I think we can expect to get in the near future. 

4 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

brachiosaurus

mosasaurus

spinosaurus

I do hope to get these prehistoric creatures you mentioned above. 

Brachiosaurus - I really don’t think ti will happen because of massive size in lego form. However....I would be ok with June like or baby Brachiosaruus. 

Mosasurus - yes I really need marine reptile! I’m getting tired of terrestrial creatures and flying reptiles (Pterandons). It could be possible we would get one awesome Mosasurus but we will wait and see. 

Spinosaurus - it could be likely possible to have one in a near future but, again, we will wait and see. 

To add some prehistoric creatures to yoru list, I really hope we would get Parasaurlophus and Stegosaurus. :) 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Brachiosaurus will probably never happen, it's way too big to do in normal size and if they downscale it to fit in a set it won't really be a Brachi anymore. Mosasaurus is kinda 50/50 but if it isn't in the Dominion wave I doubt we'll ever get it. Spinosaurus is definetely something I think we can expect to get in the near future. 

I’m kinda tired of getting terrestrial dinosaurs and flying reptiles. I think it’s time to get some marine/aquatic creatures like Mosasaurus and Spinosaurs. 

So yeah - you are right - Mosasurus is at 50/50. But Spinosaurus is likely possible to get soon but we will see. :)

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

To add some prehistoric creatures to yoru list, I really hope we would get Parasaurlophus and Stegosaurus. :) 

Definitely especially a Stegosaurus 

Speaking of Parasaurolophus: 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/738599246764179595/768287576888311838/Parasaurolophus_2020.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/738599246764179595/768287844476387338/Parasaurolophus_Bioluminescent_2020.png

Edited by Darkdragon
Max size for image is 1024 in any direction. Displayed as a link but you can fix size if you'd like to display as an image again.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That news has been out there for 2 weeks, it's just a small role.

Oh.

1 hour ago, JediJosh said:

Definitely especially a Stegosaurus 

Yes! Stegosaurus is very likely and I really hope we get one because it's my favourite Dinosaur and I guess, I have been waiting since 2012 for one! Spinosaurus would be cool, Mosasaurus would be Awesome, oof Brachiosaurus.

(I personally don't think it will have any major role in the movie, more of just another species to have on the screen, but still possible:) Do you guys think we could get Lystrosaurus in one of the sets?

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speaking of Parasaurolophus: 

Parasaurolophus_2020.png

Parasaurolophus_Bioluminescent_2020.png

Those look awesome!!!! I really like the extra things he has added (for example: the Lego Jurassic World logos)!!

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hmm not bad. Not bad! I like it how Lucca do her/his amazing artwork! 

Paleonotogically speaking, Parasaurolophus usually walks on hind legs. However, it can walks on all four feet. In my opinion, I would be fine that Parasaurolophus standing on hind legs (not arms to attach to baseplate, to be clear) so I would give it a pass!

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yes! Stegosaurus is very likely and I really hope we get one because it's my favourite Dinosaur and I guess, I have been waiting since 2012 for one! Spinosaurus would be cool, Mosasaurus would be Awesome, oof Brachiosaurus.

Reveal hidden contents

(I personally don't think it will have any major role in the movie, more of just another species to have on the screen, but still possible:) Do you guys think we could get Lystrosaurus in one of the sets?

Of course you are super excited about Stegosaurus. LolWith that Ankylosaurus we get, I’m sure we would get Stegosaurus in a near future. But we have to wait and see. :) 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I wonder if Lego would redo dinosaur figures? For example, Indrominus Rex figure came out in 2015 and this year, it came out with new arms and new colors. And raptors have been reprinted over years, do they? Same for Pterandons getting reprinted (different colors).  We have seen Carno, Sygl,  Bray, Trike, Ankylo figures one time each wave. I am not sure if Carno or any dinosaurs (other than T-rex, raptors, Pterandons) would get redone by LEGO in a near future? I completely understand that raptors, pterandons and T-rex’s parts are very very commons to reuse over time due to tightening budget. 

EDiT: I know we did discuss about it a few pages ago... I’m just sharing my opinion. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if Lego would redo dinosaur figures? For example, Indrominus Rex figure came out in 2015 and this year, it came out with new arms and new colors. And raptors have been reprinted over years, do they? Same for Pterandons getting reprinted (different colors).  We have seen Carno, Sygl,  Bray, Trike, Ankylo figures one time each wave. I am not sure if Carno or any dinosaurs (other than T-rex, raptors, Pterandons) would get redone by LEGO in a near future? I completely understand that raptors, pterandons and T-rex’s parts are very very commons to reuse over time due to tightening budget. 

EDiT: I know we did discuss about it a few pages ago... I’m just sharing my opinion. 

I count Lego Dino as Jurassic World, so I have 2 triceratops lol. Do you guys think we might get Gallimimus recolours? I would love a small herd of them lol (context: I usually only buy 1 of each set so the only way to get more of a species is to get new sets which, that dinosaur is in)

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I count Lego Dino as Jurassic World, so I have 2 triceratops lol. Do you guys think we might get Gallimimus recolours? I would love a small herd of them lol (context: I usually only buy 1 of each set so the only way to get more of a species is to get new sets which, that dinosaur is in)

Sure you can count Dino 2012 as Jurassic World, i guess. I don’t think we would Galimimus in a new color. Just like we get Carnotaurus, Sytgimoloch, BarySonx just one time, that’s it. I don’t know if they would return in new colors. I thin Dilophosaurus did get reprinted, right?

In my option,I think Carno, Styg, Bary, Gali should come in new colors. It would be super cool to see new colors. I have two Pteranodons in different colors. That’s why I am wondering about that new colors and maybe new molds. 

On 10/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, JediJosh said:

brachiosaurus

mosasaurus

spinosaurus

my son plays the jurassic world lego game on steam, great game IMO, very fun so far. Well they basically copy the movies, so he saw the scene with the mosasaurus, and also in camp cretaceous. He wants one really bad. I never thought it would be possible because theyre so much bigger compared to other dinosaurs. then I googled lego mosasurus and found they made one before. Lego #6721 from 2001. 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=6721-1

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6721-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dinosaurs - some baby/young brachiosaurus polybag sets here. 

It's kind of weak / quite small but I would definitely buy this for him considering how much he wants one.  I'm just not in the mood to buy it for $40.00 at this time, don't think thats worth the price that doesn't include a set. I also bought one of those 8-pack dinosaur knock-off lego packs from China on ebay. They're better than I expected in terms of quality, but obviously not legit. The set i got has a baby brachiosaurus (I think so). They're good "filler" dinosaurs to have if you have a bigger dinosaur world/set-up. Because the official ones from Legos are obviously expense. 

Lego Bachiosuarus - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6719-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

As I'm reading this, I might buy one of these if they're under 20$. 

On 10/21/2020 at 7:27 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dino

Dude no joke, most of these sets are better than the Jurassic World sets (sans 2018). 

EDIT - Also found this on lego's idea site - https://ideas.lego.com/projects/18aeef15-524d-4cda-b67a-c497c793ccf4

So maybe its being talked about more by Lego as a possible future dinosaur. 

EDIT2- I found this jaang brick video i thought it was a fun watch, we don't have all the dinosaurs unlocked yet. - 

Edited by Nizzy

I swore thought they stopped making lego? 

Just now, Josh Hanlon said:

Yeah I heard that really as well 

Just now, Josh Hanlon said:

Yeah I heard that really as well 

Yeah me too, thanks for the reply 

Got the Baryonyx set for a great price today and I must admit it's better than I expected. The Baryonyx is amazing and the jeep is one of the best vehicles they've made in the theme. The figures, camper and the bit of scenery aren't anything to write home about but that scenery is something they should do more often (instead of giving us random builds nobody wants or needs).

Definetely don't recommend buying it at full price but if you find it for cheap (around 35-40) I'd say go for it!

On 10/31/2020 at 6:53 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Got the Baryonyx set for a great price today and I must admit it's better than I expected. The Baryonyx is amazing and the jeep is one of the best vehicles they've made in the theme. The figures, camper and the bit of scenery aren't anything to write home about but that scenery is something they should do more often (instead of giving us random builds nobody wants or needs).

Definetely don't recommend buying it at full price but if you find it for cheap (around 35-40) I'd say go for it!

I originally thought it was the worst 2019 LoIN set when I first saw it, but now I think its the best. (Baryonyx, Baby Diloposaurus, Triceratops, T-rex vs DinoMech)  I'm, glad you mentioned the jeep, it's a bit bigger than you realize until you start to build it. I actually really like the camper. You can shift he bed over 1 row against the camper wall so there's more space for your minifigures + red. 

One of the things that is confusing/a bit frustrating is how this set has the hidden treasure and the chest. Because there's also another one in the Dino Mech set. As its been discussed, it's so frustrating how these sets don't really play well together. I guess the Drone set with the gift shop and the Triceratops set kind of go together in the park. I just think there were so many more opportunities to have better sets from LoIN. I bought this off amazon for $48 I think, same price available still. I wanted to get them fast for my son who watched the show and was concerned (at the time) they would sell out since the 2018 sets were starting to sell out. I agree, wait for a big discount on these next year. 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

JWD wrapped filming, leaving them more than a year for post-production

Long wait!

26 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Long wait!

It'll be worth it, at least it won't be rushed into theatres like Fallen Kingdom was

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It'll be worth it, at least it won't be rushed into theatres like Fallen Kingdom was

Thank you for sharing the updates. Let’s hope Domion would be better than Fallen Kingdom. Now we will ahve to wait and see about lego sets........

I just finished watching the Legend of Isla Nublar. It is a fun cartoon, with the over the top humor, and it was nice to see some builds from the sets. Now, when will we get an Allosaurus (which even had the same color scheme from the Mattel one)?

16 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I just finished watching the Legend of Isla Nublar. It is a fun cartoon, with the over the top humor, and it was nice to see some builds from the sets. Now, when will we get an Allosaurus (which even had the same color scheme from the Mattel one)?

I sure hope we would get Allosaurus in one of six sets next year! With Jurassic World: Dominion’s release date delayed to 2022, we don’t know anything about the 6 sets at the moment (we don’t know if the 2021 wave would be delayed or something). Also Allosaurus did show up in Battle at Big Rock short film but I dont know if one of these sets would be based on that short film.

31 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I sure hope we would get Allosaurus in one of six sets next year! With Jurassic World: Dominion’s release date delayed to 2022, we don’t know anything about the 6 sets at the moment (we don’t know if the 2021 wave would be delayed or something). Also Allosaurus did show up in Battle at Big Rock short film but I dont know if one of these sets would be based on that short film.

The sets are definetely delayed to 2022, chances of them still releasing as originally planned are astronomically low. We might get 1 or 2 sets that aren't based on JWD but we have no way of knowing if those exist and wether or not LEGO would delay them. They've ignored a lot of possible movie content as well, not to mention the original trilogy so I highly doubt BaBR will ever get a set. 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The sets are definetely delayed to 2022, chances of them still releasing as originally planned are astronomically low. We might get 1 or 2 sets that aren't based on JWD but we have no way of knowing if those exist and wether or not LEGO would delay them. They've ignored a lot of possible movie content as well, not to mention the original trilogy so I highly doubt BaBR will ever get a set. 

Yup, I agree. We do not know anything about sets at the moment. But you are right that we might have 1 or sets in 2021 that are not relating to Jurassic World: Dominon so it won’t spoil plot much. I think a few sets may relate to Camp Cretaceous, Jurassic Park III or completely make-up by lego designers. Still we have no solid evidence.

Also, I agree with you taht i doubt any of these sets would be based on Battle at Big Rock for sure. But hey, Allosaurus looks cool in that short film! :) 

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Whether or not the six sets originally set for a 1HY 2021 release will still see release in the first few months of the year is up in the air, and I would suspect that the odds of a 1HY release are looking relatively poor; however, they're almost certainly still going to release in 2021. TLG is reticent to delay sets by more than a handful of months, as evidenced by the litany of films that saw release dates pushed back to 2021 or 2022 this year, without corresponding release dates for the corresponding kits.

7 hours ago, Azani said:

TLG is reticent to delay sets by more than a handful of months, as evidenced by the litany of films that saw release dates pushed back to 2021 or 2022 this year, without corresponding release dates for the corresponding kits.

Three of the Minions sets have been pushed back an entire year, so they’re definitely willing to do it :wink:

In my opinion, one or two of these sets might still get released and the rest will be delayed until 2022. My reasoning: Most of them have to be based on JWD. Some people have argued about there potentially being two waves next year, but that makes little sense.

1. JW has always had one wave each year. That can change, but don’t expect it to come out of the blue.
  2. If that was the case, I’d expect the waves to be further apart.
  3. Film-related sets get released BEFORE the film does, meaning the JWD sets were supposed to be released in 1HY (April/May). They did the same thing with FK.

TLG has not always been consistent when it comes to delaying sets, so let‘s go though some examples:

1. Desolation of Smaug: last minute decision, released anyway with note on box
  2. Batman v Superman: delayed well ahead of time, replaced by wave of Justice League comic sets
  3. Minions: hasty decision, some store still got copies
  4. F&F: no spoilers, released as planned
  5. Ghostbusters Afterlife: released with some delay, again no spoilers

And now JWD is somewhere in-between. The sets certainly won’t be completely spoiler-free (e.g. costume or dino designs) and a decision could have been made a lot earlier than in most of the examples above. Not as early as BvS obviously (so a replacement wave is VERY unlikely), but still. Too bad we probably won‘t find out for a while, with the toy fairs being cancelled and all :sceptic:

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Three of the Minions sets have been pushed back an entire year, so they’re definitely willing to do it :wink:

In my opinion, one or two of these sets might still get released and the rest will be delayed until 2022. My reasoning: Most of them have to be based on JWD. Some people have argued about there potentially being two waves next year, but that makes little sense.

1. JW has always had one wave each year. That can change, but don’t expect it to come out of the blue.
  2. If that was the case, I’d expect the waves to be further apart.
  3. Film-related sets get released BEFORE the film does, meaning the JWD sets were supposed to be released in 1HY (April/May). They did the same thing with FK.

TLG has not always been consistent when it comes to delaying sets, so let‘s go though some examples:

1. Desolation of Smaug: last minute decision, released anyway with note on box
  2. Batman v Superman: delayed well ahead of time, replaced by wave of Justice League comic sets
  3. Minions: hasty decision, some store still got copies
  4. F&F: no spoilers, released as planned
  5. Ghostbusters Afterlife: released with some delay, again no spoilers

And now JWD is somewhere in-between. The sets certainly won’t be completely spoiler-free (e.g. costume or dino designs) and a decision could have been made a lot earlier than in most of the examples above. Not as early as BvS obviously (so a replacement wave is VERY unlikely), but still. Too bad we probably won‘t find out for a while, with the toy fairs being cancelled and all :sceptic:

100% agree with your points here!