Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Not a big fan of the theme, but the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus (hardly a fair fight) looks great. Box art showing what looks like launch rails for a gyrosphere?! 

Box art pics make the sets look even better! I see the trees have a function so they can be knocked over. That's great for play with bothe the I-Rex and the Ankylosaurus. I'm still super impressed by the build of the gyrosphere ride  frankly if more JW sets were of this quality I would have way more sets from this theme.

I def would buy the lab and I'm tempted with the Gyrosphere since I love park rides. Otherwise 100euros for less than 600 pieces is a bit discouraging :(

The sets look even more incredible now.

I love 4+ set, definitely one of my favourite 4+ sets ever.

Lab looks great, I love it.

Box art makes me appreciate remote control Batm- sorry, JW vehicle a little bit more, dinosaurs are amazing here tho.

And wow, Indominus set is incredible. It's one of the best sets of 2020 for me. Dinosaurs are stunning and so are the minfigures and the builds. 100€ for around 550 pieces is a bit of a scam I must say tho.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And wow, Indominus set is incredible. It's one of the best sets of 2020 for me. Dinosaurs are stunning and so are the minfigures and the builds. 100€ for around 550 pieces is a bit of a scam I must say tho.

I thought so too but if you look at it more closely you'll see that this set has more figures than the Indominus set from 2015. The Ankylosaurus is almost entirely new, the Indominus has brand new hands, there is a gyrosphere and there are some larger than normal pieces like the rollercoaster track. Then there is the licensing fee.

It's not ideal but it's not that bad honestly

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I thought so too but if you look at it more closely you'll see that this set has more figures than the Indominus set from 2015. The Ankylosaurus is almost entirely new, the Indominus has brand new hands, there is a gyrosphere and there are some larger than normal pieces like the rollercoaster track. Then there is the licensing fee.

It's not ideal but it's not that bad honestly

I know, but I still think 80€, or even 90€ would be far more suitable. 

I love the Gyrosphere set. It's a shame don't do quality builds like this more often. 

Even though we only just got a look at the 2020 sets, I’m very intrigued by the aspect of what the Dominion sets could be, considering it take place on the mainland. I’m picturing City sets with dinosaurs and it’s beautiful 

Fingers crossed for the Spino to be in the film and then in the sets

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Even though we only just got a look at the 2020 sets, I’m very intrigued by the aspect of what the Dominion sets could be, considering it take place on the mainland. I’m picturing City sets with dinosaurs and it’s beautiful 

Trevorrow already confirmed it's not going to be dinosaurs in the city movie though

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Trevorrow already confirmed it's not going to be dinosaurs in the city movie though

It’s a dinosaurs on the mainland movie is what I’m saying 

He said that to try and distinguish it from the T-Rex in San Diego, it’s just not city-centric. But City sets aren’t always in cities either, I was talking more about the parks and camper sets and such 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

A set based on Battle At Big Rock would have been amazing

I agree, I'd love to get an Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops. The figures wouldn't be interesting but at least we would be able to play out the scenario in which they do actually get eaten :devil:

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

From pictures shared by Trevorrow we can see a lot of snow, places covered in snow. Dinosuarus and snow is a pretty badass combination, and it would make some great sets. 

I hope we get Spinosaurus (hope they include him in the movie, they almost did in Fallen Kingdom so that gives me hope), Mosasaurus (perfect opportunity to include him) and maybe finally accurate Blue (they did the colours right for his baby version).

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

From pictures shared by Trevorrow we can see a lot of snow, places covered in snow. Dinosuarus and snow is a pretty badass combination, and it would make some great sets. 

I hope we get Spinosaurus (hope they include him in the movie, they almost did in Fallen Kingdom so that gives me hope), Mosasaurus (perfect opportunity to include him) and maybe finally accurate Blue (they did the colours right for his baby version).

The snow is definetely going to look cool. And I fully agree with those dinosaurs, I need them! Small correction though: Blue is a girl :wink:

Some of you might think I've hit my head too hard but I really want Dominion to be delayed. Judging from interviews, bts clips and the ILM documentary for Fallen Kingdom the film's CGI was very rushed (that's why things like the Allosaurus looked so bad). I need this movie to be as good as possible so I'll be happy if it gets delayed. Either to winter 2021 or just june 2022, as long as the final result is good!

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The snow is definetely going to look cool. And I fully agree with those dinosaurs, I need them! Small correction though: Blue is a girl :wink:

Some of you might think I've hit my head too hard but I really want Dominion to be delayed. Judging from interviews, bts clips and the ILM documentary for Fallen Kingdom the film's CGI was very rushed (that's why things like the Allosaurus looked so bad). I need this movie to be as good as possible so I'll be happy if it gets delayed. Either to winter 2021 or just june 2022, as long as the final result is good!

It will be delayed, even if they don't want it to be. There's just no way they are gonna be on time with such a big movie. We should just wait for the announcement. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It will be delayed, even if they don't want it to be. There's just no way they are gonna be on time with such a big movie. We should just wait for the announcement. 

Exactly, that's why I want a delay. They shouldn't rush things

This talk about Dominion has got me reading up on some past interviews on it, and I have to say I'm now actually excited about it. Hopefully the move away from hybrids means theres more room for a wider variety of real dinosaurs. The Mosasaur is probably a given for the film (I could see them incorporating the cut scene from Fallen Kingdom in), but who knows if it'll get a set.

32 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

This talk about Dominion has got me reading up on some past interviews on it, and I have to say I'm now actually excited about it. Hopefully the move away from hybrids means theres more room for a wider variety of real dinosaurs. The Mosasaur is probably a given for the film (I could see them incorporating the cut scene from Fallen Kingdom in), but who knows if it'll get a set.

They confirmed they are not making another hybrid.

"I'm looking forward to, in the third film, getting back a little into the Paleontological, wild animal, true dinosaur nature of all of it". It will also act more like a science thriller, just like the OG Jurassic Park.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They confirmed they are not making another hybrid.

"I'm looking forward to, in the third film, getting back a little into the Paleontological, wild animal, true dinosaur nature of all of it". It will also act more like a science thriller, just like the OG Jurassic Park.

He knows. ''Hopefully the move away from hybrids means theres more room for a wider variety of real dinosaurs'' or in other words: he hopes the absence of hybrids means we'll get more variety in real dinosaurs

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

He knows. ''Hopefully the move away from hybrids means theres more room for a wider variety of real dinosaurs'' or in other words: he hopes the absence of hybrids means we'll get more variety in real dinosaurs

Ah okay I'm stupid. Didn't read it correctly.