Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Who’s the character with the brown cap in the Gyrosphere set? Can’t recall him from the movie :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Who’s the character with the brown cap in the Gyrosphere set? Can’t recall him from the movie :blush:

The guy who operated Gyrosphere launcher, the "guys, I just work here" dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The guy who operated Gyrosphere launcher, the "guys, I just work here" dude.

Oh, that one :classic: Thanks! Good to see some more minor characters from the films appearing in sets.

I’m not sure if it’s been brought up before, but they’e now using a 1x1 brick for the insect-“frozen”-in-amber instead of the moonstone piece. Good choice IMO, the more different pieces they use for that, the better. Ambers come in all shapes and sizes after all :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god oh my god oh my god! :wub_drool: 

I didn't realise there would be such a size disparity between the baby Dinosaurs. I love that the ankylosaurus is so much smaller than the Triceratops, they look so cute together!

Also really surprised but I like everything about the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set. The build is really underdeveloped but I really like it; it's weird but I'd almost be less interested in it if there was a larger but less interesting build like the previous Indominus enclosure. There's quite a few instances where £100 are reduced by 30% off on a sale and if given the opportunity I would definitely get on such a sale. 

Defintely the best wave for dinos (if not builds) so far. I love that there are two dinos in every set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very solid wave! I never got into jp, but everytime when i see new sets i wish i did. Great dino’s and good builds as well. I love the lab and the gyrosphere house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have done a very good job this time around.

The Gyrosphere set is the star. That accurate build is simply gorgeous, and I really love the Ankylosaurus. The inclusion of Josh is an awesome nod to fans, too!

The Gali included in the Drone vehicle is cool - and I actually kinda like the vehicle itself. The small drone builds are nice and the back looks detatchable which is cool.

The lab is gorgeous - and I love the small 1x1 Amber Brick with a Mosquito print! Looks really awesome.

Only poor build is the Biplane, but for a Juniors Set I wouldn't expect much more anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thieda said:

Do we know when these sets release?

June, possibly august for US and Canada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet again, I really like the Jurassic line-up of both sets and dinosaurs. Obviously, the Indominus looks sooo much better now, as it is considerably more accurate; I'm certainly going to have to justify getting that one. The new dinos are all great too; the Gallimimus is probably my favorite, but that Anky and the babies are great too. Even the recolored Raptor and Ptero are nice. Sad there's no Allosaurus, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a little preoccupied so I haven't shared my full thoughts yet but here we go:

4+: don't like anything about this set, skip for me

Lab: super cool small set with nice figures and dinosaurs. Build is nice and I love the prints and stickers, day 1 purchase

Galli: I really like the dinosaurs in this set but the app controlled Batmobile and figures are rather disappointing. I'll try to bricklink the Gallimimus and Pteranodon but that's it

Gyro: one of the best JW sets ever, no need to say more. Day 1 purchase

Love this wave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sets are OK.  The dino's look great.  Definitely need those baby dino's.  I love the color on the raptor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wanderer1980 said:

i hope the leaked Ankylo is fake . its looks very very disappointing

It's not fake, how could it even be fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not fake, how could it even be fake.

LEGO's 360 degrees rendered videos do kinda have a bootleg look to them, I have to give him that. But the Anky is great imo (I've seen the I-Rex and the video definetely makes it look darker than it actually is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wu's lab is great, very much reminds me of the lab scene of the original Jurassic Park. If I can find the Anklo/Indo set eventually on sale, I'll definitely be picking it up. The build is great (love the track for launching the gyrosphere) and I love the ankylosaurus mold, I'm just not a fan of the Indominous Rex (in general. the new version looks accurate but just isn't something I really want) so it's just not worth full price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO's 360 degrees rendered videos do kinda have a bootleg look to them, I have to give him that. But the Anky is great imo (I've seen the I-Rex and the video definetely makes it look darker than it actually is)

Where did you see him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where did you see him?

I caught a glimpse of it from someone but I can't share it (and don't have it), sorry 

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I got a pic from someone but I can't share it, sorry 

You are all good my guy! Any idea when the leak will be revealed? Also this is great, I thought about that last night thinking Lego should have made him a tad closer to white and not so dark. Now I can relax haha

Edited by azog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I caught a glimpse of it from someone but I can't share it (and don't have it), sorry 

Oh no problem. Was it the box or just Indominus? I wonder how box looks like for this wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, azog said:

You are all good my guy! Any idea when the leak will be revealed? Also this is great, I thought about that last night thinking Lego should have made him a tad closer to white and not so dark. Now I can relax haha

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh no problem. Was it the box or just Indominus? I wonder how box looks like for this wave.

Nevermind guys, the 'someone' was just a friend of mine but he was pranking me and I realised too late. He told me I couldn't share the pic (it's just the head) but upon closer inspection it's just the 2015 I-Rex but photoshopped (the eye is the more normal looking 2015 eye instead of the angry looking 2020 version). Really sorry for the misinformation :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nevermind guys, the 'someone' was just a friend of mine but he was pranking me and I realised too late. He told me I couldn't share the pic (it's just the head) but upon closer inspection it's just the 2015 I-Rex but photoshopped (the eye is the more normal looking 2015 eye instead of the angry looking 2020 version). Really sorry for the misinformation :wall:

No problem, it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like buying dinosaurs that never existed (Indoraptor, I-rex).  So I hate that I have to buy the set with the I-rex just to get the adult ankylosaur.  Otherwise that set looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wooster said:

I don't like buying dinosaurs that never existed (Indoraptor, I-rex).  So I hate that I have to buy the set with the I-rex just to get the adult ankylosaur.  Otherwise that set looks great!

Interpret it as an albino T-Rex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.