Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Speaking of movie...

I still find it strange and don’t understand why. In the Lost World movie ending, we saw Pteranodon swooping freely on Isla Sorna. More strange - in Jurassic Park III, on the same island, all Pteranodons were still imprisoned in the aviary/birdcage until they were finally released. 

Chronologically, it doesn’t make sense to me. Can anyone explain this?

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Speaking of movie...

I still find it strange and don’t understand why. In the Lost World movie ending, we saw Pteranodon swooping freely on Isla Sorna. More strange - in Jurassic Park III, on the same island, all Pteranodons were still imprisoned in the aviary/birdcage until they were finally released. 

Klayton Fioriti talks about it in some of his videos, you should look him up, best Jurassic content out there by far. But this thread is really supposed to be Lego discussion only

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Speaking of movie...

To echo @Balrogofmorgoth: this isn't the place to talk about the franchise itself but strictly the LEGO stuff (the reason news and leaks regarding upcoming projects are discussed is because they may influence future LEGO products). 

To answer the question: the Jurassic ''canon'' doesn't really have an answer or explanation to this problem so everything written below is pure speculation:
The JPIII variant of Pteranodon did not appear on InGen's list, just like the Spinosaurus. From their absence on the list and their agressive behavior seen in JPIII we can conclude that it's likely InGen found them too agressive to be kept with the other variant of Pteranodon, the ones we see in TLW who did appear on InGen's list. It wouldn't be the first time agressive creatures are contained in different locations than other individuals as shown by Camp Cretaceous, which explained the sudden appearance of Carnotaurus in Fallen Kingdom by saying it was quarantined because of it's agression. 
We can assume that this second aviary containing the TLW variants was significantly damaged by hurricane Clarissa which allowed the Pteranodons to escape or, and this is less likely, these Pteranodons were set free by workers during the evacuation. After the First Sorna Incident the TLW variants of Pteranodon most likely kept roaming the western part of Sorna untill they all died before or during the islands eventual clean-up which took place around 2004. The JPIII variant fled Sorna after they were accidentally set free during the Second Sorna Incident and were hunted down and killed by Vic Hoskins and his team shortly after. 

It's best to just ignore it and try to fit it into canon by yourself just like with a lot of other erros and inconsistencies, Jurassic doesn't really have a canon so they don't really care wether or not everything lines up. 

Edited by Guyon2002

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To echo @Balrogofmorgoth: this isn't the place to talk about the franchise itself but strictly the LEGO stuff (the reason news and leaks regarding upcoming projects are discussed is because they may influence future LEGO products). 

To answer the question: the Jurassic ''canon'' doesn't really have an answer or explanation to this problem so everything written below is pure speculation:
The JPIII variant of Pteranodon did not appear on InGen's list, just like the Spinosaurus. From their absence on the list and their agressive behavior seen in JPIII we can conclude that it's likely InGen found them too agressive to be kept with the other variant of Pteranodon, the ones we see in TLW who did appear on InGen's list. It wouldn't be the first time agressive creatures are contained in different locations than other individuals as shown by Camp Cretaceous, which explained the sudden appearance of Carnotaurus in Fallen Kingdom by saying it was quarantined because of it's agression. 
We can assume that this second aviary containing the TLW variants was significantly damaged by hurricane Clarissa which allowed the Pteranodons to escape or, and this is less likely, these Pteranodons were set free by workers during the evacuation. After the First Sorna Incident the TLW variants of Pteranodon most likely kept roaming the western part of Sorna untill they all died before or during the islands eventual clean-up which took place around 2004. The JPIII variant fled Sorna after they were accidentally set free during the Second Sorna Incident and were hunted down and killed by Vic Hoskins and his team shortly after. 

It's best to just ignore it and try to fit it into canon by yourself just like with a lot of other erros and inconsistencies, Jurassic doesn't really have a canon so they don't really care wether or not everything lines up. 

Yes I know it doens’t relate to Lego at all.... the previous page seems not relating to lego slightly. I assumed it was ok to discuss about Jurassic Park-related stuffs here. But thank you for letting me know tho.

Ok, thank you for your time to explain. I feel like there are so many holes in the Jurassic Park movies. But with your last para-graphs, i suppose you are right about the filmmakers not caring to fix some flaws.

Okay, back to the lego topic, folks.

36 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I assumed it was ok to discuss about Jurassic Park-related stuffs here. But thank you for letting me know tho.

Same haha, also I don't like how Jurassic Park movies don't have '100% canon'.

5 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Same haha, also I don't like how Jurassic Park movies don't have '100% canon'.

Riiigggght???? Oh well. 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:22 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Klayton Fioriti talks about it in some of his videos, you should look him up, best Jurassic content out there by far. But this thread is really supposed to be Lego discussion only

I understand, my bad. I guess I'm having trouble finding things to talk about since a lot of people agree that the LoIN wave was terrible, and the 2020 wave isn't that great besides Anklyo vs Irex. I think it was confirmed that JW3 is now delayed until Summer of 2022, so that means the sets will not be released until after due to movie spoilers? I'm new here, is there another area of the forum to talk about JW/JP universe? 

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

I understand, my bad. I guess I'm having trouble finding things to talk about since a lot of people agree that the LoIN wave was terrible, and the 2020 wave isn't that great besides Anklyo vs Irex. I think it was confirmed that JW3 is now delayed until Summer of 2022, so that means the sets will not be released until after due to movie spoilers? I'm new here, is there another area of the forum to talk about JW/JP universe? 

The delay doesn't have anything to do with spoilers, they would be released before the movie so if they contain spoilers they would be out there anyway. The reason the sets are delayed is because they partially function as marketing for the movie, kids buy the sets and then ask their parents to watch the movie the sets are based on.

As far as I know there's no place to talk about the universe itself. From a quick search I did find one for the MCU but the Jurassic community on EB is really small so I'm not sure if there's even a point to making a seperate thread :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Not sure if you are much of a reddit user, but https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/ is pretty active, talking about anything and everything to do with the movies, tv show etc. Obviously doesn't have quite the same flow as this forum, but as I said, people seem pretty keen and active and reply to peoples questions or thoughts.

1 minute ago, chris6507 said:

Not sure if you are much of a reddit user, but https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/ is pretty active, talking about anything and everything to do with the movies, tv show etc. Obviously doesn't have quite the same flow as this forum, but as I said, people seem pretty keen and active and reply to peoples questions or thoughts.

Don't think I'd recommend going there. Reddit is about as toxic as you can possibly get and, while I don't like saying it, the people on the Jurassic forums are a bunch of morons to rival the Star Wars haters. I joined a couple of years ago but I didn't stay long :tongue:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't think I'd recommend going there. Reddit is about as toxic as you can possibly get and, while I don't like saying it, the people on the Jurassic forums are a bunch of morons to rival the Star Wars haters. I joined a couple of years ago but I didn't stay long :tongue:

Oh, okay. Lol. I'll take your word for it. I've only visitied it maybe a dozen times. Everybody seemed fine to me. But who knows. I haven't gone too far down the rabbit hole. Lol.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To me, this depends heavily on the specific Subreddits :shrug_oh_well: Some are infested with hateful morons *cough* STC *cough*, others are quite pleasant. This doesn‘t necessarily reflect on the platform as a whole :wink:

Back to JW: Are you referring to their opinions on FK? I‘ve seen A LOT of hatred for FK, but that was all over the Internet, not just Reddit. I never got why so many people took this film THAT seriously :laugh_hard: It‘s just a fun adventure flick, no harm in that

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Back to JW: Are you referring to their opinions on FK? I‘ve seen A LOT of hatred for FK, but that was all over the Internet, not just Reddit. I never got why so many people took this film THAT seriously :laugh_hard: It‘s just a fun adventure flick, no harm in that

It's very Star Warsy with the ''old good, new bad'' stuff imo. A lot of people think they're the most unique people in the world (''unpopular opinion: the original movie is the best'') and most of them keep posting the same stuff every few days. I'm not a fan of it so I keep myself to this thread and my friends for Jurassic discussions :shrug_oh_well:

On 10/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Amazing Toro made (once again) by Lucca: 

I really really like this one than the existing lego Carno! I love that head design (not sure if it’s different from existing one tho).

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote images

On 10/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Amazing Toro made (once again) by Lucca: 

Awesome!! I think Lego should hire Lucca and Extinct Bricks lol.

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote images

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Awesome!! I think Lego should hire Lucca and Extinct Bricks lol.

I second! Extinct Bricks’ name ring nice. I like that name. I love Lucca’s artworks so much that dinosaurs look realistic in lego forms. Can’t lego hire Lucca?!

2 things: New Lego Jurassic World book that has a cage build to be attached to a quad bike from previous sets. And another book that has a brick built Stegosaurus!

The only other brick built dinosaurs from Lego Jurassic World are ones we have molds of, so I am really excited and curious for if we will actually get a normal Stegosaurus!!!!! I can't wait for more leaks/reveals!!

14 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

2 things: New Lego Jurassic World book that has a cage build to be attached to a quad bike from previous sets. And another book that has a brick built Stegosaurus!

The only other brick built dinosaurs from Lego Jurassic World are ones we have molds of, so I am really excited and curious for if we will actually get a normal Stegosaurus!!!!! I can't wait for more leaks/reveals!!

Are these books part of #legoleaks in Intragram? If not, where did you find these books online?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

42 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

You're looking into this too much, these magazine gifts have nothing to do with (future) sets. The Star Wars magazine for instance had an Acklay minibuild way back in 2016, it's still the only LEGO Acklay to ever see the light of day...

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You're looking into this too much, these magazine gifts have nothing to do with (future) sets. The Star Wars magazine for instance had an Acklay minibuild way back in 2016, it's still the only LEGO Acklay to ever see the light of day...

Oof ok.

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Are these books part of #legoleaks in Intragram? If not, where did you find these books online?

I think in #legojurassicworld

The existing Carnotaurus head mold is pretty derpy looking honestly. The eyes are far too big (a recurring problem in molded creatures with Lego recently) and the horns look more like head fins. I get that they don’t want them to be too pointy for kids but come on, they could have done better than that. At least we got a carno though, we could have easily not gotten one at all, so can’t complain too much, just thought it was worth mentioning. So far the T-Rex and Baryonyx head molds are the best looking imo, with probably the Indoraptor after that

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The existing Carnotaurus head mold is pretty derpy looking honestly. The eyes are far too big (a recurring problem in molded creatures with Lego recently) and the horns look more like head fins. I get that they don’t want them to be too pointy for kids but come on, they could have done better than that. At least we got a carno though, we could have easily not gotten one at all, so can’t complain too much, just thought it was worth mentioning. So far the T-Rex and Baryonyx head molds are the best looking imo, with probably the Indoraptor after that

Don’t forget about Carnotarurus’s existing body part. It’s quite way large than the supposedly medium size (should not bear larger than T-Rex). Or at least it needs some new body along with new legs. I am not expecting TLG redoing Carnotaururus mold since it was released in 2018 (I think?). I never got Carnotaurus yet. 

I agree with you on T-rex’s head. It does look better than Caron’s. Baryonyx’s head look so cool as well. 

5 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hide contents

never heard of him before but apparently Dimitri Vegas is joining the cast for Jurassic World Dominion.

That news has been out there for 2 weeks, it's just a small role.