Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hide contents

(Dont know how to remove that sorry)

Three spoilery things we can get in the sets (based on new pictures that just leaked): 

Hide contents

1. Wu with long hair, probably the same hair they use for Snape and Kylo Ren

2. A big white and red helicopter

3. Tan Biosyn trucks that look absolutely amazing!

Where are these leaks? I can't find them but they sound awesome!!!!

Three spoilery things we can get in the sets (based on new pictures that just leaked): 

Hide contents

1. Wu with long hair, probably the same hair they use for Snape and Kylo Ren

2. A big white and red helicopter

3. Tan Biosyn trucks that look absolutely amazing!

Wait do you mean Lego leaks or actual real life images?

Edited by AxolotlPlays

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Where are these leaks? I can't find them but they sound awesome!!!!

Wait do you mean Lego leaks or actual real life images?

They can be found in the same place as all previous leaks and yeah, they're real life leaks. Like I said before, we're not getting any lego leaks untill a long time from now. Something to do with the aforementioned spoilers: 

Spoiler

We'll have to see what his outfit looks like but the Sirius Black hair fit's Wu very well. Snape/Kylo Rens hair looks pretty bad if I'm gonna be honest. 

unknown.png 

On 10/9/2020 at 8:10 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Teaser for season 2 of CC is out!

I can't wait! If Lego knew about this before, will we possibly have Camp Cretaceous sets next year? Before I doubted it because dominion was there but now that it's gone for the year, something gives me hope or something idk. I guess I've accepted getting cc sets more now, maybe? Idk anyway,

Ceratosaurus set??? It could be for camp cretaceous or Jurassic Park lll 20th anniversary (although I think everyone would prefer the Spinosaurus in that dinosaur spot)

On 10/9/2020 at 7:32 AM, Guyon2002 said:

They can be found in the same place as all previous leaks and yeah, they're real life leaks. Like I said before, we're not getting any lego leaks untill a long time from now. Something to do with the aforementioned spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

We'll have to see what his outfit looks like but the Sirius Black hair fit's Wu very well. Snape/Kylo Rens hair looks pretty bad if I'm gonna be honest. 

Well that's a bummer,

not sure if I like long hair Wu, lol that sounds like some sort of cursed meme thing. How do you know Wu will have long hair? Maybe in the movie all the hairdressers are closed but even then, he created literal dinosaurs, and you expect us to believe he can't cut his own hair lmao.

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote images & videos

32 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Well that's a bummer,

Hide contents

not sure if I like long hair Wu, lol that sounds like some sort of cursed meme thing. How do you know Wu will have long hair? Maybe in the movie all the hairdressers are closed but even then, he created literal dinosaurs, and you expect us to believe he can't cut his own hair lmao.

Spoiler

It looks weird because we've always seen him with short hair for almost 3 decades. The long hair looks very good on him imo, just takes some getting used to

28 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I can't wait! If Lego knew about this before, will we possibly have Camp Cretaceous sets next year? Before I doubted it because dominion was there but now that it's gone for the year, something gives me hope or something idk. I guess I've accepted getting cc sets more now, maybe? Idk anyway,

Yeah I have a same thought too. I think Lego already know (???) about Dominion’s delay tuff so i am assuming they change plans?? Who knows.... but if Cretaceous Camp sets would indeed be released next year, i would be happy. And i hope we would get JPIII set with Spinosaur as well. :) Again, who knows. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It looks weird because we've always seen him with short hair for almost 3 decades. The long hair looks very good on him imo, just takes some getting used to

Spoiler

Yeah I agree. I havne’t used to seei Wu with long hair for nearly 30 years. But it’s nice to give him a fresh look after 30 years, in my opinion. It’s a very intersting choice for male scientist with long hair.

It's possible that we get some sets next year but I wouldn't count on it.

''Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed'' - Kratos, God of War

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's possible that we get some sets next year but I wouldn't count on it.

''Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed'' - Kratos, God of War

Dude, i love that video game! Anyways, I agree. We still don’t know anything atm (at the moment). 

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, ok. Also I saw the leaks now :D

I thought maybe Charlie Degler and Mark Degler would have a role in the movie. Maybe they are idk. Also I am keeping my expectations very low. I think it would be fine for no sets so that my wallet can recover.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Anyone here seen the show Primeval? It's good I would recommend.

Yeah, got it on DVD. It was one of my favourite shows back when it was on. :-) Preferred the original main actor though.

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Yeah, got it on DVD. It was one of my favourite shows back when it was on. :-) Preferred the original main actor though.

Douglas Henshall or something right? Well, Nick Cutter lol. 

I'm pretty sure there is a release date for Lego Jurassic World Double Trouble. (From memory the times were (sorry I have no idea what the day is for them)) part 1 is at 8:30 am and part 2 is at 9:00 pm (probably ends at 9:30 pm)

Spoiler

I think there is leaked pic of Alan and Ellie kissing in that Jurasic World: Dominion. I always ship them!

12 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I'm pretty sure there is a release date for Lego Jurassic World Double Trouble. (From memory the times were (sorry I have no idea what the day is for them)) part 1 is at 8:30 am and part 2 is at 9:00 pm (probably ends at 9:30 pm)

Is this a particular TV Chanel or something? Because we already had the original release dates over a month and a half ago. Is another channel getting them?

5 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Is this a particular TV Chanel or something? Because we already had the original release dates over a month and a half ago. Is another channel getting them?

Nickelodeon I think. Also, for over a month I had no idea lol.

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think there is leaked pic of Alan and Ellie kissing in that Jurasic World: Dominion. I always ship them!

Yeah I saw that, it would be cool I guess but what about

Mark Degler and their children lol?

It's no secret that I dislike the LoIN sets but I saw the Trike (which is the only thing I like from that set besides the Masrani figure) for roughly 16 euro on Bricklink recently and it just arrived. Amazing looking dinosaur, especially if you put it alongside the baby Trike from this year. 

12 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah I saw that, it would be cool I guess but what about

Reveal hidden contents

Mark Degler and their children lol?

Spoiler

Do you realize that Ellie and Alan had affection toward each other in the original Jurassic Park movie, right...? Then they broke up or were not together without any clear explanation in Jurassic Park III. I have no idea who is Mark Degler even if he was/is Ellie’s husband... As a huge fan of Jurassic Park franchise, I ALWAYS ship Alan and Ellie. As soon as I found about that leaked pic, I was like “ABOUT TIME!”

Edited by DBlegonerd7

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Jurassic-World-Double-Trouble/dp/B08KPMNMC6/ref=sr_1_73?dchild=1&keywords=lego&qid=1602598254&sr=8-73

Amazon Pre-order dvd for Double trouble. I don't think you should buy it, but it says released on December 15th. So, I would assume, you should be able to buy it digitally on platforms at that date. It will most likely be on youtube/other free video sites shortly after that as well. I'll probably buy it if its on VUDU/Amazon for sale in the future. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's no secret that I dislike the LoIN sets but I saw the Trike (which is the only thing I like from that set besides the Masrani figure) for roughly 16 euro on Bricklink recently and it just arrived. Amazing looking dinosaur, especially if you put it alongside the baby Trike from this year. 

They do look good together, I also have the Lego Dino 2012 Triceratops and they look so good together!

1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Jurassic-World-Double-Trouble/dp/B08KPMNMC6/ref=sr_1_73?dchild=1&keywords=lego&qid=1602598254&sr=8-73

Amazon Pre-order dvd for Double trouble. I don't think you should buy it, but it says released on December 15th. So, I would assume, you should be able to buy it digitally on platforms at that date. It will most likely be on youtube/other free video sites shortly after that as well. I'll probably buy it if its on VUDU/Amazon for sale in the future. 

Cool, I won't buy it online but I will buy it when it is in store shelves lol. Probably have to wait until like next year though with that December release haha. Also I think I remember you said before that you have seen Double Trouble? In a promo (I'll link it) I can see Gallimimus, so is there an Ankylosaurus? Or any 2020 Lego dinosaurs from the sets?

Spoiler box is for my comments on double trouble:

Spoiler

I can't remember if there's an ankylosaurus on there. I watched P1 double trouble the first saturday, then parts 1 and 2 the next saturday. Part 1 is incredibly dull. There's almost no dinosaurs and there's a lot of parts between Sedrick and Simon bickering. My son didn't understand the OOPSI + Artifical Intelligence concept at all. There's scenes where OOPSI causes issues in the park that affect the guests, and no dinosaurs. I felt like if it was included in season 2 of LOIN it could be fun and cool, but super boring as a standalone 2 part series. It showcased the Research vehicle, or as its been dubbed here: "the bat mobile." I can't tell if Lego made the bat mobile first and then wanted to market it, or this double trouble episode was made first then they released it into a set. I can't get past it being called a research vehicle when its clearly used to trap/capture dinosaurs. And AGAIN, F^&%ING VIC HOSKINS USES IT AND YOU DON'T GET HIM IN THE %^$%ING LEGO SET. 

So what I'm doing is waiting for it to be released on VUDU where I bought the other short movies/episodes. I really think they should have done or should do LoIN season 2. My son loved it. 

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Jurassic-Dino-Mech-Battle-Pieces/dp/B07NRT2CJR/ref=gbps_tit___05f980ad?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Everyone's favorite set is on sale. I do agree with the consensus here about it. I got it for 30% on Barnes n Nobles clearance sale. the Dino Mech toes break off, every single time we play with it. Side panels pop off the set. The boat and baby raptors are really cool, my son pushes that all around the carpet. The volcano thingy is the dumbest thing in this set IMO. It's just a big waste of pieces. "716 pieces", there's probably about 150 pointless little pieces in the volcano part. I thought this set was bad when I first saw it, then I watched LoIN and my son wanted it for Danny Neidermayer and the Dino mech so I saw it on sale and got it 30% off. I think it would have sold better if the original price was only 60-70$ USD instead of $90! The 2020 irex vs anklyo set for $100? is a much better value in my opinion. 

I'm kind of glad JW3 got pushed back. My wallet cant handle another JW lego set wave right now. I agree with guyon2002, get the movie right. 

----------------------

I really enjoy chatting with you guys so I'd love to get your personal opinion on the JW movies, specifically Claire. In the first movie Claire comes off as this Personality Type A business women, wearing high heels, who calls the Dinosaurs "assets". Then at the start of JW2 she is like this tree hugger that's all about Animal rights and apparently loves the Dinosaurs now, when before they were just money objects. I can't get over this. Its literally not the same person/character. Does that bother anyone else? Also, the forced love interest between claire and owen talking at the bar scene is so cringe, when they talk about who broke up with each other first. makes me want to puke. I also dont like Bryce Dallas Howard as an actress so I'm trying not to let that ruin the series for me. I'm almost positive she got some plastic surgery done to lips/face in-between the movies so she looks different. I also don't think she did a good job directing an episode of The Mandalorian from star wars either. ughh, thanks. 

p.s. thanks axolot, this is 100% your fault :p, I'm $150 deep into these lego books off amazon (jurassic world, star wars, lego city) https://ibb.co/RhxbhHT  so much fun. These are all on a discount on amazon. Some of them retail for 20, 25$ and on sale on amazon for 8-9 bucks with minifigures and story/activity books. My son loves them! Thanks.

1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

I really enjoy chatting with you guys so I'd love to get your personal opinion on the JW movies, specifically Claire. In the first movie Claire comes off as this Personality Type A business women, wearing high heels, who calls the Dinosaurs "assets". Then at the start of JW2 she is like this tree hugger that's all about Animal rights and apparently loves the Dinosaurs now, when before they were just money objects. I can't get over this. Its literally not the same person/character. Does that bother anyone else?

Going from a businesswoman to a person who respects dinosaurs and sees them for what they are is the point of Claire's character arc and what she does in Jurassic World. The prequel novel Evolution of Claire gives a little more insight into this, even though the book is over 2 years old and I won't be going that deep into it I'll use a spoiler tag anyway: 

Spoiler

The reason Claire doesn't care about JW's dinosaurs as living and breathing things is because of something that happened way back in 2004. Claire loves animals and is in lawschool so she can eventually improve the welfare of living creatures all around the globe when she gets in an internship called Bright Minds, a program set up by the Masrani Corporation which lets the best of the best intern at Jurassic World before the park even opened! I won't go all into deep spoilers but let's just say some things happen (involving dinosaurs) that alter Claire's look on them. To cope with these events she throws herself at the new job Masrani offered her and the result of that path is what we see at the beginning of the movie. 

This is in no way supposed to offend you or anyone else who this may apply to but generally you would fall into the category of ''entertainment viewer'', which applies to those who don't really understand the inner meanings of character arcs and why certain characters are the way they are if it isn't laid out very clearly. But I hope this is enough info to understand the ''change'' in Claire's character, even though the Claire we see in FK is the same one we saw at the end of Jurassic World. 

1 hour ago, Nizzy said:

I also dont like Bryce Dallas Howard as an actress so I'm trying not to let that ruin the series for me. I'm almost positive she got some plastic surgery done to lips/face in-between the movies so she looks different. I also don't think she did a good job directing an episode of The Mandalorian from star wars either. ughh, thanks. 

I actually love Bryce Dallas Howard and what she brings to the franchise. No offense to Chris Pratt but my god Owen is a shallow character (not his fault though)! For me Bryce comes across as a very enthusiastic, loveable person and a great actor. But that's just my opinion, I don't particularly follow the masses either (to give an example, James Cameron is regarded as a fantastic director/writer but I really can't stand the guy and his work). 

Relating to characters changing from movie to movie, I find that it made the most sense with Claire and Ian, they both begin to become the characters we see in Fallen kingdom and Lost World towards the end of JW and JP, with Claire’s change being an arc and Ian just getting justifiably bitter and angry.  

Alan Grant’s attitude toward the dinosaurs from JP1 to JP3 is what doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I’d understand if he was just this way towards the raptors given the serial killer behavior from the Big One’s pack, which is why he has the dream, but then that’s the very species he gets fascinated by the most on sorna. He even talks with Ellie about how they confirm his paleontological theories, when he just gave a lecture in front of hundreds of people saying how Hammond’s dinosaurs are nothing but monsters...

Edited by vstat05

Thanks for the information about the prequel novel, never heard of it. I understand character arc's, read up on Game of Thrones for years... the argument I have is they don't really show an "arc" for her. Its just a different character from movie A and at the start of movie B you don't know who she is. I guess I would have liked to see a bit more of her changing on screen? 

So, what is your favorite role with BDH? I just think shes unlikable in JW so far, maybe she is acting that way on purpose. I saw her in an episode of Black Mirror on netflix and I didn't really like her character or acting. Also when I see her acting I see BDH, not a character. Maybe thats part of the reason why i'm strugging with her JW character. 

I'm really interested in seeing Alan Grant and more of the original cast in this new movie!

13 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't remember if there's an ankylosaurus on there. I watched P1 double trouble the first saturday, then parts 1 and 2 the next saturday. Part 1 is incredibly dull. There's almost no dinosaurs and there's a lot of parts between Sedrick and Simon bickering. My son didn't understand the OOPSI + Artifical Intelligence concept at all. There's scenes where OOPSI causes issues in the park that affect the guests, and no dinosaurs. I felt like if it was included in season 2 of LOIN it could be fun and cool, but super boring as a standalone 2 part series. It showcased the Research vehicle, or as its been dubbed here: "the bat mobile." I can't tell if Lego made the bat mobile first and then wanted to market it, or this double trouble episode was made first then they released it into a set. I can't get past it being called a research vehicle when its clearly used to trap/capture dinosaurs. And AGAIN, F^&%ING VIC HOSKINS USES IT AND YOU DON'T GET HIM IN THE %^$%ING LEGO SET. 

So what I'm doing is waiting for it to be released on VUDU where I bought the other short movies/episodes. I really think they should have done or should do LoIN season 2. My son loved it. 

p.s. thanks axolot, this is 100% your fault :p, I'm $150 deep into these lego books off amazon (jurassic world, star wars, lego city) https://ibb.co/RhxbhHT  so much fun. These are all on a discount on amazon. Some of them retail for 20, 25$ and on sale on amazon for 8-9 bucks with minifigures and story/activity books. My son loves them! Thanks.

Haha, (sorry about that if your serious), when your wife finds out, you can tell her it was all me lol.

Edit: (forgot) huh, I would have assumed the Ankylosaurus would be in there, but hey, at least Gallimimus and (kindoff) Indominus Rex was included! :D

Edited by AxolotlPlays