Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Lucky for me that doesn't apply to me personally. I did like the series but the LoIN sets are still by far the worst thing to ever come out of this theme. I only want the Baryonyx and Trike, that's it :tongue:

Still find it funny that you hate the Trike set, as that's probably my third favourite set after the Jurassic Park and Ankylosaurus sets. :laugh: But I loved it for the fact it had my favourite dinosaur and another ride for my theme park. 

Wish I was more like you. Seeing things in film make me want them more (very childish i know. lol.).

Just now, chris6507 said:

Wish I was more like you. Seeing things in film make me want them more (very childish i know. lol.).

Usually the same applies to me but imo the LoIN sets aren't designed that well and I don't really care for the new characters outside of the show 

On 10/5/2020 at 12:22 PM, chris6507 said:

That would be awesome. But just one thing i'm confused about, what vehicle is the Jurassic World Dilophosaurus Ambush based on? It seems like it would just be a recolour of that set.

Still can't believe it's been well over and month and still no options anywhere paid or unpaid to watch LEGO Jurassic World Double Trouble! :wall:

It was based on a Wrangler but it wasn't a Wrangler, the front was very different. The original design of the set was posted few pages ago, and you can see how it was clser to a Jeeo Wrangler than the final set:

3PEZ91F.jpg

kOgU3KS.jpg

20 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Oof, I'm not that interested in it but I assume that probably in the near future it should release on DVD if you are unable to find any site. (Think I have said this a few times before but whatever lol)

Hello, I was just wondering if you could tell me what the song you used at 2:26 is called?

I tried looking for it after you released that video, but couldn't find it. Thanks :D

No problem. It's this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVwBmEYZJs

Dominion is now officially delayed to June 2022 (thank god Universal finally listened). So we'll most likely not get any new sets this year as it's most likely too late to fasttrack a filler wave.

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dominion is now officially delayed to June 2022 (thank god Universal finally listened). So we'll most likely not get any new sets this year as it's most likely too late to fasttrack a filler wave.

Why are you glad they listened? Hoping the movie will be better because of it?

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Why are you glad they listened? Hoping the movie will be better because of it?

They lost 4 months of production time, it'll definetely be better (at least visually). I don't want this film to be halfassed, it should be the best it can possibly be. However long that may take

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have a mixed feelings about Univerasl delaying Jurassic World: Dominion to June 2022. I am disappointed to hear this news and I am relieved that they have more time to give it a final touch (it means no rush). 

Well, we will see about new sets next year then. I am hoping Jeep Wrangle would be included in Jurassic World sets. Of course, it requires licensing.... I am a HUGE fan of Jeep Wrangler. I am ok with Technic’s Jeep Wrangler set but I would love to see it coming in Jurassic World sets. So all we do is wait and see....

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have a mixed feelings about Univerasl delaying Jurassic World: Dominion to June 2022. I am disappointed to hear this news and I am relieved that they have more time to give it a final touch (it means no rush). 

Well, we will see about new sets next year then. I am hoping Jeep Wrangle would be included in Jurassic World sets. Of course, it requires licensing.... I am a HUGE fan of Jeep Wrangler. I am ok with Technic’s Jeep Wrangler set but I would love to see it coming in Jurassic World sets. So all we do is wait and see....

Me too... but I doubt it...

LEGO Ideas projects like that was rejected...

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Me too... but I doubt it...

LEGO Ideas projects like that was rejected...

Ideas isn't really something you can compare to as all projects based on properties LEGO already has are rejected right away (and that doesn't necessarily mean they're removed from the website and can't gather votes but if they reach 10K they definetely won't get picked).

Bummer. So the only way we could be getting something this year is if it‘s similar to the FK wave in that there‘s a set among them that‘s based on a previous movie :shrug_oh_well:

Yup, just as I said it was a matter of time.

I'm actually glad they did this and didn't rush an unfinished movie into theaters. 

As for the sets, that means no sets for 2021. If one of the sets was (for example) from JPIII, if they are kind enough, then 1 set in 2021.

20 hours ago, hachiroku said:

No problem. It's this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVwBmEYZJs

On 10/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, chris6507 said:

No. That's the problem. I totally plan on getting it on DVD, but there is no indication on when that might be. I thought they series was really, good. Hopefully you enjoy it too! :-) Only bad things about the series is it made me want to buy more of the LEGO sets! Lol.

Lol

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Bummer. So the only way we could be getting something this year is if it‘s similar to the FK wave in that there‘s a set among them that‘s based on a previous movie :shrug_oh_well:

Could be but we will wait and see.  I don’t know if there would be Createous Camp sets or Jurassic Park III tho?  We don’t know anything at thre moment. Stil I like your theory that sets would be similar to Fallen Kingdom. Just like with I-Rex vs Ankylosaurus set.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup, just as I said it was a matter of time.

I'm actually glad they did this and didn't rush an unfinished movie into theaters. 

As for the sets, that means no sets for 2021. If one of the sets was (for example) from JPIII, if they are kind enough, then 1 set in 2021.

Well, i suppose we have to wait and see.... I would be fine with a fewer sets for 2021.

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ideas isn't really something you can compare to as all projects based on properties LEGO already has are rejected right away (and that doesn't necessarily mean they're removed from the website and can't gather votes but if they reach 10K they definetely won't get picked).

So... Addams Family Mansion got rejected twice, and so did the Iron Giant and The Office. If they would have rejected it in the first place I don't think it will be approved the next time.

Edited by JintaiZ

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

So... Addams Family Mansion got rejected twice, and so did the Iron Giant and The Office. If they would have rejected it in the first place I don't think it will be approved the next time. 

Rejecting a project doesn't mean it can't be resubmitted. 

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Plus, LEGO Ideas isn't allowing Jurassic Park IP sets anymore...

Which is what I said in the post you quoted...

@Guyon2002 - It does means that it probably won't become a set after it reaches 10k supports...

So I assume the set numbers will also change then?

Also with the sets already been made, can these sets still leak over the extra waiting year?

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

So I assume the set numbers will also change then?

Also with the sets already been made, can these sets still leak over the extra waiting year?

Setnumbers will stay the same, they don't really have any reason to change them. They could leak over the next year but I don't think those chances are any higher than normal. If the sets appear in catalogues the boxes would just be grayed out and production doesn't start untill ~3 months before release.

I think the only way something could leak before spring 2022 is via TLG themselves, like the picture of the second HP CMF series they accidentally made publicly accessible 5 months too early :head_back: And that‘s VERY unlikely to say the least

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Setnumbers will stay the same, they don't really have any reason to change them. They could leak over the next year but I don't think those chances are any higher than normal. If the sets appear in catalogues the boxes would just be grayed out and production doesn't start untill ~3 months before release.

Ok then that's cool I guess

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Does this mean they would delay these sets to 2022 instead of 2021 instead of changing set numbers? 

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does this mean they would delay these sets to 2022 instead of 2021 instead of changing set numbers? 

The sets are definetely getting delayed to 2022, the only sets that might release in 2021 are any non-JWD sets they might have made. But we'll just have to wait and see.

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The sets are definetely getting delayed to 2022, the only sets that might release in 2021 are any non-JWD sets they might have made. But we'll just have to wait and see.

And even if the planned wave had non-JWD sets among them, that in no way guarantees a separate release. Maybe it‘s just more convenient for them to delay the entire wave rather then starting production for only one or two sets :shrug_oh_well:

Sure, they split the Minions wave in two, but in that case, the sets were already produced and even shipped to some places, which is how I got mine. Feels WEIRD to own sets a full year before their official launch :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ah I see...Well, I guess we will wait and see. Thanks.

Three spoilery things we can get in the sets (based on new pictures that just leaked): 

Spoiler

1. Wu with long hair, probably the same hair they use for Snape and Kylo Ren

2. A big white and red helicopter

3. Tan Biosyn trucks that look absolutely amazing!