Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 9/1/2020 at 6:35 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok folks! I just finished built Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set! I got this set for my birhday last month (July) and I finished building it today.  

Honestly, I really like this set out of other sets in this 2020’s JW sets! 

Here is my review on this:

I never bought I-Rex set from 2015 but I heard some people complained about it being too white. Lucky for me, because I got the most accurate I-Rex figure from this year. And I have to say I really like this I-Rex’s new color (silver spots are really nice). And Club the Ankylosaurus (yes, I nicknamed the dinosaur, lol) is really really neat! It made me exited when I swung its tail around. I really like Ike the armored body. It’s Definitley giving me an impression. However, it is hollow from but I will gladly give it a pass. 

The build is pretty clever to have Gyrosphere path! I am super happy to see this set more playable along with falling trees and Club’s swinging tail. 

And I just a very small problem - Claire really needs to have printed legs like @Guyon2002 said in his post. I guess I will give it a pass for now. 

The price is kinda reasonable for this set because of new molds for Club and new arms and new colors for Snowball (I-Rex, yup I nicknamed it too, lol), maybe? And this set has about 550ish pieces to build a good-sized park ride. I can imagine using Galimimus), Triceratops, Pterandons, and T-Rex figures roaming around the gyro sphere station. Anyway, I am fine with the price. 

My rate for this? It’s 5/5! I highly recommend this to dino lovers and Lego fans!

Love the names you got those two dinos.

Say, i was browsing the internet and i just noticed that the new Indominus Rex set is either pretty much gone from many sites or is offered at a crazy mark up. Its initial price was 100€ but shortly after its release i already found it on Amazon for 80€. Didn´t buy it because i already spend that month´s Lego Budget. Now that i got payback from my anual utility bill i thought about splurging a bit...well, turns out amazon has it for at least 170€ now and it comes from UK.

Was the set a short run or is it still because of the whole global pandemic thingy that´s going on and the set will most likely reappear with big mark downs later this year?

20 minutes ago, badchriss said:

Love the names you got those two dinos.

Say, i was browsing the internet and i just noticed that the new Indominus Rex set is either pretty much gone from many sites or is offered at a crazy mark up. Its initial price was 100€ but shortly after its release i already found it on Amazon for 80€. Didn´t buy it because i already spend that month´s Lego Budget. Now that i got payback from my anual utility bill i thought about splurging a bit...well, turns out amazon has it for at least 170€ now and it comes from UK.

Was the set a short run or is it still because of the whole global pandemic thingy that´s going on and the set will most likely reappear with big mark downs later this year?

Just a matter of high demand and low availability, it'll come back. I just hope LEGO will finally realise that Jurassic sets that are actually good sell better than all that other crap we've gotten over the past 2 years :hmpf:

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just a matter of high demand and low availability, it'll come back. I just hope LEGO will finally realise that Jurassic sets that are actually good sell better than all that other crap we've gotten over the past 2 years :hmpf:

Lego is really bad at estimating the demand for sets in the last years.

11 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

New Images, price, release date etc on Amazon for Lego Jurassic World Build Your Own Adventure!

https://www.amazon.com.au/LEGO-Jurassic-World-Build-Adventure/dp/0241409381

Hmm, some of those builds are actually pretty decent. Too bad it just comes with 2 super easy to get figures and a variety of really common parts :sceptic:

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hmm, some of those builds are actually pretty decent. Too bad it just comes with 2 super easy to get figures and a variety of really common parts :sceptic:

Wow, another Owen. Why not xD. Is there any list of the parts that thing actually contains?

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Wow, another Owen. Why not xD. Is there any list of the parts that thing actually contains?

Possibly in the book? At least from looking at the front cover I can say that there aren't any particularly noteworthy pieces included :tongue:

9 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

New Images, price, release date etc on Amazon for Lego Jurassic World Build Your Own Adventure!

I’m not sure why it’s showing up on Amazon, not Lego shop website... I haven’t heard anything about that set. Well, another Owen Grady then.

49 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure why it’s showing up on Amazon, not Lego shop website... I haven’t heard anything about that set. Well, another Owen Grady then.

Because LEGO doesn't sell those books themselves, they're published by DK

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because LEGO doesn't sell those books themselves, they're published by DK

Well, I suppose it makes sense. Thanks for your time explaining. I haven’t realize that Lego doesn’t sell books themselves (duh me, lol). Well I’m not intersting in buying that book tho. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Has anyone figured out how to watch LEGO Jurassic World Double Trouble yet? I’m in the US and it’s not on the Nickelodeon app or even the Apple TV Shows for purchase feature. Can’t find it anywhere on the web either.

19 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Has anyone figured out how to watch LEGO Jurassic World Double Trouble yet? I’m in the US and it’s not on the Nickelodeon app or even the Apple TV Shows for purchase feature. Can’t find it anywhere on the web either.

Well, if you can't find it playing on tv etc, it will be on DVD eventually :)

On 9/8/2020 at 6:04 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Okay. Wow. This is completely new to me. 

Jurassic Park Lego books that come with pieces. My son is going to love this. I also see some Lego CITY books that come with 2 minifigs+pieces for only 8.99 US. These seem like amazing value in terms of being able to build + then read a book at night before bed. Thank you so much for linking this. 

22 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I bought all of the episodes on VuDu. Double trouble is not on there yet. I will let you know if I see it anywhere, most likely will show up on youtube first if anyone recorded the episodes. I know you want to see it but IMHO it was kind of a let down. I wonder if they plan on doing Island of Nublar season 2.

Just now, Nizzy said:

I bought all of the episodes on VuDu. Double trouble is not on there yet. I will let you know if I see it anywhere, most likely will show up on youtube first if anyone recorded the episodes. I know you want to see it but IMHO it was kind of a let down. I wonder if they plan on doing Island of Nublar season 2.

But it is still something new to watch when there is barely anything being released these days. I would normally have 15 or so shows coming on in September, this year there is 3. lol. And that includes Camp cretaceous.

On 9/8/2020 at 6:04 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Duddddeeeeeeee, AXO! What are you doing man. I'm going to be dropping so much money on these books and mini figs ughhh. But my son will love them. 

9 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

But it is still something new to watch when there is barely anything being released these days. I would normally have 15 or so shows coming on in September, this year there is 3. lol. And that includes Camp cretaceous.

Yeah totally agree and understand. The Jurassic World Lego sets and TV show is a total hit with my son, and Lego has already got a few hundred $$$ out of me for the sets. I kind of think they could have done a better job pumping out some more sets. Unless they aren't selling that great and I'm over estimating them? 

On 9/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I agree the last 2 waves aren't that great, 2018 was sweet though. 

I know this is off topic, but besides Lego JW, my son is also into Lego CITY. I looked at the new sets and I don't like any of them. My son just started watching Lego Star Wars Freemakers on youtube. So instead of buying him those sets (hard to find, and retired+marked up) I'm just buying him the 3 minifigs off Bricklink.com. This takes me back to Jurassic World Lego. I've been buying a bunch of Support Fence pieces off Brick Link and plants/anything I think is dinosaur related for a possible MOC. Just seems like its more fun to build our own Jurassic World than wait on Lego to try and give us something better. As we discussed with others the last 2 JW wave sets do not fit that great that with each other.

43 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Okay. Wow. This is completely new to me. 

Jurassic Park Lego books that come with pieces. My son is going to love this. I also see some Lego CITY books that come with 2 minifigs+pieces for only 8.99 US. These seem like amazing value in terms of being able to build + then read a book at night before bed. Thank you so much for linking this. 

Your welcome :)

19 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Duddddeeeeeeee, AXO! What are you doing man. I'm going to be dropping so much money on these books and mini figs ughhh. But my son will love them.

Now I'm confused haha

28 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

I agree the last 2 waves aren't that great, 2018 was sweet though. 

I know this is off topic, but besides Lego JW, my son is also into Lego CITY. I looked at the new sets and I don't like any of them. My son just started watching Lego Star Wars Freemakers on youtube. So instead of buying him those sets (hard to find, and retired+marked up) I'm just buying him the 3 minifigs off Bricklink.com. This takes me back to Jurassic World Lego. I've been buying a bunch of Support Fence pieces off Brick Link and plants/anything I think is dinosaur related for a possible MOC. Just seems like its more fun to build our own Jurassic World than wait on Lego to try and give us something better. As we discussed with others the last 2 JW wave sets do not fit that great that with each other.

2018 was a movie wave so those sets had a higher budget than the 19 and 20 waves. That's not to say a lower budget has to result in worse sets though, as the Gyro station set shows, but sadly that exact problem does apply to Jurassic most of the time. Whenever a set isn't based on a movie there's a good chance it won't be good :sceptic:

I'm personally not a fan of City either, loved it as a kid but these days it's just old and constantly repeated designs sold for ridiculous prices. 

Building your own park if you want one is definetely a better decision than waiting for LEGO to make more sets, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this theme gets canned once the JWD wave has hit shelves. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

2018 was a movie wave so those sets had a higher budget than the 19 and 20 waves. That's not to say a lower budget has to result in worse sets though, as the Gyro station set shows, but sadly that exact problem does apply to Jurassic most of the time. Whenever a set isn't based on a movie there's a good chance it won't be good :sceptic:

I'm personally not a fan of City either, loved it as a kid but these days it's just old and constantly repeated designs sold for ridiculous prices. 

Building your own park if you want one is definetely a better decision than waiting for LEGO to make more sets, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this theme gets canned once the JWD wave has hit shelves. 

The sets in the last waves have some huge differences in the qualitty and design compartment. While the first one lokoed like the sets belonged together the last ones, while many of the sets loko better just don't fit together.

3 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

The sets in the last waves have some huge differences in the qualitty and design compartment. While the first one lokoed like the sets belonged together the last ones, while many of the sets loko better just don't fit together.

Regardless of wether or not they fit well together I'd say the 2019 wave is the worst one of them all with a grand total of 0 good sets. The 2020 wave was better but still not great with 1 good set and 1 decent one :def_shrug:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Regardless of wether or not they fit well together I'd say the 2019 wave is the worst one of them all with a grand total of 0 good sets. The 2020 wave was better but still not great with 1 good set and 1 decent one :def_shrug:

That's funny, because I actually think the Baryonyx and Triceratops sets were two of my favourites. :sweet: Triceratops because I love the Dino and I also liked having another ride for my park. And I originally only bought the Baryonyx set for the Dino. But I ended up loving the set a lot more than expected. Personally aside from the Jurassic Park set, my least favourite wave was probably the 2018. I got most of the sets for the Dino's, but the sets themselves really don't excite me much.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

That's funny, because I actually think the Baryonyx and Triceratops sets were two of my favourites. :sweet: Triceratops because I love the Dino and I also liked having another ride for my park. And I originally only bought the Baryonyx set for the Dino. But I ended up loving the set a lot more than expected. Personally aside from the Jurassic Park set, my least favourite wave was probably the 2018. I got most of the sets for the Dino's, but the sets themselves really don't excite me much.

The 2018 was by far the most accurate and usefull wave of them all and therefore my favorite. Outside of the dinosaurs and the new Claire figure there was nothing for me in the 2019 wave, I'd like to get the Trike and Bary sets for the dinosaurs themselves but the builds are horrible and figures meh. Still hoping I'll at least see the Bary set at a good discount, it's a beautifull dinosaur both irl and in LEGO form!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The 2018 was by far the most accurate and usefull wave of them all and therefore my favorite. Outside of the dinosaurs and the new Claire figure there was nothing for me in the 2019 wave, I'd like to get the Trike and Bary sets for the dinosaurs themselves but the builds are horrible and figures meh. Still hoping I'll at least see the Bary set at a good discount, it's a beautifull dinosaur both irl and in LEGO form!

Yeah, Baryonyx is a good one. Also if you can't find any sets of it on discount, you could just buy the dinosaur separately on eBay, bricklink etc :D 

(not too familiar with bricklink so just assuming you buy lego pieces from it)

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thanks for explaining about the movie budget didn't think about that. Going to be sad if they can the series but it doesn't seem as profitable as star wars and harry potter. My son is getting into this Freemaker series from 2018 and I think that's going to lead him down to star wars sets. He thinks the AT-AT is cool so might be looking at that for his big Xmas present.

8 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I'm also interested to why he doesn't like the 2019 sets that much. For me it comes down to 2 factors: price and playability. For example I though the $20 drone set was stupid, but my son loves it. I guess it's quick and fun for him to grab and play with.

I think the triceratops set is terrible because there's not much to do besides take that dino and fight it vs a Trex or something. That set doesnt play well, and is kind of pricey. The baryonyx set is great if you get a sick discount on it. I was also very surprised how well the green jeep is built and the trailer is fun.

Dino mech is only cool if you watched the show otherwise it's not that great in my opinion. I'm really surprised guyon2002 doesnt like the Dr. Wu set. Really fun set for only $20. 

5 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, Baryonyx is a good one. Also if you can't find any sets of it on discount, you could just buy the dinosaur separately on eBay, bricklink etc :D 

(not too familiar with bricklink so just assuming you buy lego pieces from it)

Brick link has changed my life haha. It's so much fun buying individual pieces and minifigs instead of buying full sets. I did end up buying a new $35 indoraptor because I didn't want the lockwood estate set. It's too much for my son to play with and we already had Blue so I didn't think it was worth the $130 usd. 

If guyon2002 Is right about JW Lego going away after JWD, what other series will you guys focus on? 

I bought the ghost train hidden side set on discount 25% just so my son could have another train but the rest of that series is really silly.The city sets are lacking bad. I see lego pushing this MonkieKing sets but I don't know anything about it. 

Edited by Nizzy

5 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Thanks for explaining about the movie budget didn't think about that. Going to be sad if they can the series but it doesn't seem as profitable as star wars and harry potter. My son is getting into this Freemaker series from 2018 and I think that's going to lead him down to star wars sets. He thinks the AT-AT is cool so might be looking at that for his big Xmas present.

If guyon2002 Is right about JW Lego going away after JWD, what other series will you guys focus on? 

The Freemaker Adventures is actually a REALLY good series. I thought it was fantastic. It was a really good story that I think if you removed the LEGO and comedy aspect would fit perfectly well into the Star Wars Canon. Just so you know there is an extra small series called LEGO Star Wars All Stars. It kind of covers the entire Star Wars saga, but has some great tie ins to Freemaker Adventures as well as adding something extra to the Freemaker Adventures. But I don't want to spoil it if you want to see yourself.

As for what I will focus on, i've decided my two main themes are Harry Potter and Jurassic World. I tinker in Star Wars when there's something I really like. I'm trying to quit Ninjago, Marvel and DC because it's all costing too much time and space.

11 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

I think the triceratops set is terrible because there's not much to do besides take that dino and fight it vs a Trex or something. That set doesnt play well, and is kind of pricey. The baryonyx set is great if you get a sick discount on it. I was also very surprised how well the green jeep is built and the trailer is fun.

What's wrong with the ride in the Trike set? That set was great for me because it combined two of my favourite things. My favourite Dinosaur is the Trike and I love theme park rides. So personally the set was an instant buy for me. Love that it adds the ride, the trike but also love the little sign that points to my little store and Gyrosphere rides as well. As for the Mech set, that was a skip for me. I just bricklinked the baby raptors! :-D

Question... Has your son ever watched the Ninjago series? I think that series is fantastic, and there's plenty to catch up on if he hasn't seen it for when he runs out of star wars!