Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

In my opinion, I’m not sure why we don’t get any Mainer reptiles like Mosasurus. We keep getting land-dwellers (Is., T.rex, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus,etc) and flying reptiles (ie. Pteranodon). I think it would be a time for us to get marine reptiles next wave (Jurassic World: Dominion/new lego JW short film). So this is my prediction/wild guess. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

In my opinion, I’m not sure why we don’t get any Mainer reptiles like Mosasurus. We keep getting land-dwellers (Is., T.rex, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus,etc) and flying reptiles (ie. Pteranodon). I think it would be a time for us to get marine reptiles next wave (Jurassic World: Dominion/new lego JW short film). So this is my prediction/wild guess. 

I'd love some marine reptiles; the Mosasaurus would be awesome, and I would adore an Ichthyosaur (a personal favourite, although unlikely since it's not been in the movies yet).

I suspect Lego has avoided them because their moulds are harder to re-use for other creatures, such as the Indominus body being reused as a Carnotaurus. Dinos like T-Rex and raptors will always be in production, but a big unique mould for something like the Mosasaurus would be a big expense for a one-off set.

I'm still amazed we didn't get a submarine set with the Mosasaurus in the Fallen Kingdom line, but since we got an improved Indominus Rex this year based upon 2015's Jurassic World, we might still get one in future. And with various spin-offs like Camp Cretaceous and the Lego shorts, there's still hope for a wave (pardon the pun) of sets with marine reptiles; think Aquazone, but with "dinos"... maybe even a scientifically-accurate aquatic Spinosaurus! (I can dream.)

21 hours ago, Felkin said:

I'd love some marine reptiles; the Mosasaurus would be awesome, and I would adore an Ichthyosaur (a personal favourite, although unlikely since it's not been in the movies yet).

I suspect Lego has avoided them because their moulds are harder to re-use for other creatures, such as the Indominus body being reused as a Carnotaurus. Dinos like T-Rex and raptors will always be in production, but a big unique mould for something like the Mosasaurus would be a big expense for a one-off set.

I'm still amazed we didn't get a submarine set with the Mosasaurus in the Fallen Kingdom line, but since we got an improved Indominus Rex this year based upon 2015's Jurassic World, we might still get one in future. And with various spin-offs like Camp Cretaceous and the Lego shorts, there's still hope for a wave (pardon the pun) of sets with marine reptiles; think Aquazone, but with "dinos"... maybe even a scientifically-accurate aquatic Spinosaurus! (I can dream.)

The snake like anatomy of the Mosasaurus also makes it very hard to make look good and playable at a decent size.

21 hours ago, Felkin said:

I 100% agree with you. New molds for Mosasurus is definitely expensive. Some molds are new for Indrominus (new arms) for Ankylosaurus (tail, armored body) this year. 

I am still surprised about City’s sub theme (ocean) doesn’t include a whale. It would be good to re-use that whale’s body for Mosasurus. Maybe new tail, fins and head molds and new color for Mosasaruus, at least.  And, also, I am surprised to see no submarines set along Fallen Kingdom too. At least we got a lot of new dinosaurs (Baby dinosaurs, Galimimus, Ankylosaurus) this year so I am very pleased with this wave. I agree with your opinion about the wave (I like your pun by the way!). I sure hope we would get marine reptiles and Spinosaurs next year. If they don’t, I would cry my eyes out until I flood my room!

On 8/11/2020 at 2:56 PM, Guyon2002 said:

So it looks like we finally know what the new Batmobile's based off: Double Trouble, a new upcoming LEGO JW short film. Featuring a baby Indominus and her sibling! They're cute as hell :wub:

Does this mean it will be released on peacock|kids? I never heard of this channel(?) before, but maybe thats because I'm in the US. 

Great... my son is probably going to want the research vehicle now since its going to be in this short film. How long do you think it will be? Maybe 2 episodes again, 22m-23m each?

Our first official pictures of JWD are in! Definetely hope we'll get some compies in the new sets!

Just now, Nizzy said:

Does this mean it will be released on peacock|kids? I never heard of this channel(?) before, but maybe thats because I'm in the US. 

Great... my son is probably going to want the research vehicle now since its going to be in this short film. How long do you think it will be? Maybe 2 episodes again, 22m-23m each?

I linked the peacock video because it was the only channel that had the trailer available at a good quality at the time. The special itself will air on Nickelodeon in 2 parts (both ~11 minutes probably). Part 1 will air August 23rd at 9am ET and part 2 will air August 30th (most likely at the same time).

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Our first official pictures of JWD are in! Definetely hope we'll get some compies in the new sets!

I linked the peacock video because it was the only channel that had the trailer available at a good quality at the time. The special itself will air on Nickelodeon in 2 parts (both ~11 minutes probably). Part 1 will air August 23rd at 9am ET and part 2 will air August 30th (most likely at the same time).

Does anyone else see on the compy cage image that it has a lock thing similar to the ones of the dinosaur cages in TLW? Just cause I noticed it but I haven't seen any YouTuber talk about it.

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

If they don’t, I would cry my eyes out until I flood my room!

Well at least it's enclosure would be completed haha

Edited by AxolotlPlays

On 8/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Thanks for the info. I found it on the nick tv schedule site. 

I suspect it might be 2 parts at 22 minutes each like The Secret Exhibit was? 

Does anyone know how to watch Nick live tv online? I don't have that channel :(

On 8/17/2020 at 10:45 AM, Nizzy said:

Thanks for the info. I found it on the nick tv schedule site. 

I suspect it might be 2 parts at 22 minutes each like The Secret Exhibit was? 

Does anyone know how to watch Nick live tv online? I don't have that channel :(

I think it's on Foxtel (I don't have Foxtel though so not 100% sure) (Although I'm Australian so, I am not sure if your country has the same channels) but I have seen both other series on 9Go. Other than that if you wait the DVD will eventually release (Also Secret Exhibit (And that Indominus Escape thing) is on Netflix, and I hope the other Lego series will go there too.) I might buy the DVD's later, I haven't actually seen the full Legends of Isla Nublar yet haha.

(Don't know and can't be bothered to fix this reply, sorry if it doesn't make sense and hope that I was helpful)

Edit: is anyone else going to have to buy windows 10 Minecraft to play that new Jurassic world dlc? It looks really cool so I'm kinda forcing myself to buy it. Will I need to create any special accounts for Microsoft etc? Or will my java edition account work for it? Idk, guess I'll just find out when I get there...

Edit 2: Nevermind I did need a Microsoft account (really easy to get though), and soon I shall buy Minecraft windows 10 with some Minecoins so I am able to get the Jurassic world dlc! (In gift card form lmao)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

On 8/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Does anyone else see on the compy cage image that it has a lock thing similar to the ones of the dinosaur cages in TLW? Just cause I noticed it but I haven't seen any YouTuber talk about it.

What lock?

Hey! You think its likely we’ll get more sets from the original films from the 90s? I’d love to get another d2c from that era.

Edited by Bainter-ban

25 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Hey! You think its likely we’ll get more sets from the original films from the 90s? I’d love to get another d2c from that era.

Universal is really pushing the World films and trying as hard as possible to ignore the original trilogy so I wouldn't count on more Park sets, maybe we'll get a JPIII 20th anniversary set next year if we're lucky. As for another Jurassic D2C I highly doubt that'll happen as the Jurassic Park Gate/Rex one flopped harder than a dying fish trying to get back to the water. 

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Universal is really pushing the World films and trying as hard as possible to ignore the original trilogy so I wouldn't count on more Park sets, maybe we'll get a JPIII 20th anniversary set next year if we're lucky. As for another Jurassic D2C I highly doubt that'll happen as the Jurassic Park Gate/Rex one flopped harder than a dying fish trying to get back to the water. 

Thanks for the reply! Haha, really? Do they release their sales statistics?

I was actually thinking about getting it, but it’s so expensive. What’s your take on it?

Fun fact - I’m watching Jurassic Park right now!

@lucca2951 has outdone himself with these new concept designs. I would love to eventually get a Brachiosaurus but I think he’s right in predicting we are more likely to get the Apatosaurus from the Jurassic World movies first.

Ef94BaxWkAIQzX-?format=jpg&name=large

The Spinosaurs design he just made is out of this world, too. I would prefer a new scientifically accurate Spinosaurus (which I hope will be featured in Jurassic World Dominion) but this throwback model from Jurassic Park III is so badass.

EfjZqMlXsAIvO-U?format=jpg&name=large

13 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Thanks for the reply! Haha, really? Do they release their sales statistics?

I was actually thinking about getting it, but it’s so expensive. What’s your take on it?

I'm a huge fan of the series and JP is my favorite film of all time so obviously when the rumors about this set started making it's rounds I was sure this would be the best set ever. But then it came out and I must say that I personally hate the set (bar the 4 exclusive figures) and am happy it's gathering dust on store shelves. They had an incredible opportunity to deliver a magnificent set and all they did was give us an oversized gate and rex nobody asked for. Fun fact: the only reason this set exists is because a designer created a T-Rex for fun a few years ago, they didn't even check what kind of sets the fans would like to get. 

There are quite a lot of things I would've liked to have seen as a D2C but this would never be one of them. I'll only get this set if it goes on some kind of massive sale and that's literally only because I want Hammond, Nedry, Arnold and Malcolm :tongue: For me this set is a prime example of why I need to keep my expectations in check, I've never been as disappointed as I was when I saw this set.

And these Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops designs from Battle at Big Rock! I need them all! I seriously hope the Jurassic World LEGO designers are paying attention.

EfJ13v1XYAcNAb7?format=jpg&name=large
EfJ13v1XsAEmZmr?format=jpg&name=large
Ed4S4mKXYAIde_R?format=png&name=large

3 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

And these Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops designs from Battle at Big Rock! I need them all! I seriously hope the Jurassic World LEGO designers are paying attention.

Thank you for sharing all pics!! I really like his artworks. I have to say...Spinosaurus, Aliosaurus, Nasutoceratops, and Apatosaurus’ arts are amazing!! I really hope we would get them in physical form! We will see about which dinosaurs being featured in JW:Dominion so we could get some in LEGO form. The LEGO Group, take notes!

9 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Apatosaurus is is a really good design, although I would like it t be a bit larger I wonder how much freedom the head and tail of it would actually have. Spinosaur looks very good too considering that it is a JP Dino (I dislike the tripedal tail TLC gave their large theropdos). The Allosaurus uses the I-Rex body? I still hope for a actually medium sized Theropod body for Dinos like it or the Carno.

Nasutoceratops is a really weird choice. Is it featured in any of the films?

19 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

She's in Battle at Big Rock so not a weird choice at all

@Bainter-ban I think it’s highly likely for at least one JP1 set given the return of the original cast, I’m sure they’d want to capitalize on the trio beyond their dominion appearances. Lego didn’t have licenses yet to either the Jeep and explorer at the time of the D2C’s development. I think they held off on JP1 stuff this year because they’re waiting for that to be sorted, or it already has been for all we know.

On 8/23/2020 at 4:12 AM, mon-o-mat said:

She is featured in the short film, Battle at Big Rock. It’s not really weird at all. Plus, personally, she is adorable in that short film. FYI that short film has been out since last September.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 8/23/2020 at 3:11 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

She is featured in the short film, Battle at Big Rock. It’s not really weird at all. Plus, personally, she is adorable in that short film. FYI that short film has been out since last September. 

I somehow managed to completly miss it.