Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

20 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

And can somebody tell me what that Camp Cretaceous is? Summercamp for rich spoiled kids?

An all-you-can-eat-buffet :devil:

After seeing the trailer, I wonder why TLG didn‘t opt to release a couple of sets based on the show :shrug_oh_well: 

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

An all-you-can-eat-buffet :devil:

After seeing the trailer, I wonder why TLG didn‘t opt to release a couple of sets based on the show :shrug_oh_well: 

Yea, but Lego did release Bumpy the baby Ankylosaurus and the Indominus Rex but no weird bioluminescent Parasauralophus haha, however I doubt anyone will die though.

27 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yea, but Lego did release Bumpy the baby Ankylosaurus and the Indominus Rex but no weird bioluminescent Parasauralophus haha, however I doubt anyone will die though.

I’m kind of stoked for the bioluminescent Parasaurolophus in Camp Cretaceous. It makes me think of all the creative ways the franchise could rethink how the dinosaurs appear in future films. Like we know Biosyn is back in Jurassic World Dominion - what if their dinosaurs look different from Ingen’s? More accurate based on modern paleontology? Colorful plumage on the raptors, bioluminescent and camouflage abilities, etc. I really hope we get some LEGO sets based on this Netflix series. The early reviews have got me very excited.

jurassicworldcampcretaceous_season1_epis

5 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Like we know Biosyn is back in Jurassic World Dominion - what if their dinosaurs look different from Ingen’s?

That's exactly what's being rumored :wink:

14 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Like we know Biosyn is back in Jurassic World Dominion - what if their dinosaurs look different from Ingen’s?

They will be more visible for the visitors but have problems with sunburns.

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

They will be more visible for the visitors but have problems with sunburns.

Haha :laugh: Nice reference to Crichton. The thought of those scaly sunburnt trout Biosyn made always grossed me out.

If you check out Instagram you'll see the new head for Dumbledore from the 2nd Harry Potter CMF, it's perfect for a custom Benjamin Lockwood. I've been using the Harris face for a while but I'm definetely gonna use this one :excited:

On 7/30/2020 at 8:11 AM, sebastian666 said:

I’m kind of stoked for the bioluminescent Parasaurolophus in Camp Cretaceous. It makes me think of all the creative ways the franchise could rethink how the dinosaurs appear in future films. Like we know Biosyn is back in Jurassic World Dominion - what if their dinosaurs look different from Ingen’s? More accurate based on modern paleontology? Colorful plumage on the raptors, bioluminescent and camouflage abilities, etc. I really hope we get some LEGO sets based on this Netflix series. The early reviews have got me very excited.

jurassicworldcampcretaceous_season1_epis

Same, but I hope the Bioluminescent Parasauralophus isn't the first (Seeing how Lego seems to only give 1 new dinosaur species then has never made it again,(Stygimoloch, Ankylosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus etc) I would think most people would want a TLW Parasauralophus.)

23 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Same, but I hope the Bioluminescent Parasauralophus isn't the first (Seeing how Lego seems to only give 1 new dinosaur species then has never made it again,(Stygimoloch, Ankylosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus etc) I would think most people would want a TLW Parasauralophus.)

That would be intersting to see bioluminescent Parasaurolophuses in LEGO form but I prefer regular one just like one form the Lost World, just in my opinion. 

32 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

That would be intersting to see bioluminescent Parasaurolophuses in LEGO form but I prefer regular one just like one form the Lost World, just in my opinion. 

Same

I highly doubt we'll ever get a bioluminescent Para from LEGO. They don't do bioluminescent things yet and glow-in-the-dark hasn't gone beyond pieces. LEGO'll definetely do some glow-in-the-dark printing someday but I highly doubt they'd do it for Jurassic :sceptic:

On 7/31/2020 at 5:48 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

Lucky for us JW’s para is pretty much the same design from lost world, and I doubt there’s any kind of way to give it a glow in the dark effect without making the effort, like say dual molding the plastic in yellow with stripes of GITD plastic, or printing glow in the dark stripes (which I don’t even know if it’s even possible or done before with lego). Point is it’s too much work that really doesn't seem worth it.

I wish LEGO would make a set with that giant underwater dinosaur (the one you see in the movies eating a great white shark in a single gulp). That would be awesome to see and I am surprised we haven't gotten one given how cool they look.

Just now, jonwil said:

I wish LEGO would make a set with that giant underwater dinosaur (the one you see in the movies eating a great white shark in a single gulp). That would be awesome to see and I am surprised we haven't gotten one given how cool they look.

It's the Mosasaurus, as it's one of the main creatures Jurassic World is known for I would be surprised if we don't get it next year (or whenever the Dominion wave will release)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's the Mosasaurus, as it's one of the main creatures Jurassic World is known for I would be surprised if we don't get it next year (or whenever the Dominion wave will release)

Umm, it would be cool for the Mosasaurus to be released with Dominion sets and it makes sense but I have a feeling it won't. Dominion wave dinosaurs I expect are: Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus, Procompsognathus, Spinosaurus maybe Allosaurus or Gallimimus (Celeophysis would be nice haha), depends if Domion will get as many sets as Fallen Kingdom.

Edit: The Dinosaurs listed are in order of what I think are the most likely to be released.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

Just now, AxolotlPlays said:

Umm, it would be cool for the Mosasaurus to be released with Dominion sets and it makes sense but I have a feeling it won't. Dominion wave dinosaurs I expect are: Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor, Ptetanodon, Stegosaurus, Procompsognathus, Spinosaurus maybe Allosaurus or Gallimimus (Celeophysis would be nice haha), depends if Domion will get as many sets as Fallen Kingdom.

Edit: The Dinosaurs listed are in order of what I think are the most likely to be released.

The Mosasaurus is one of Jurassic Worlds main marketing puppies, if we they don't give us one in the JWD wave I doubt they ever will. 

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Umm, it would be cool for the Mosasaurus to be released with Dominion sets and it makes sense but I have a feeling it won't. Dominion wave dinosaurs I expect are: Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus, Procompsognathus, Spinosaurus maybe Allosaurus or Gallimimus (Celeophysis would be nice haha), depends if Domion will get as many sets as Fallen Kingdom.

@Guyon2002 is right. Mosasaurus is one of main creatures in JW franchise. You could see that marine regional three times (I think?) which it’s in Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom and Battle at the Big Rock. As Jurassic Park fan, I would recognize it right away. I would cry out loud if LEGO would/never give us Mosasurus figure. It would be awesome to use it for a beach or underwater research set. 

Just got around to putting together 75934 - Dilophosaurus on the Loose with my son. Wow, I can't believe how tiny the Dilo is. The images on the lego site do not seem to be to scale at all with that Dino compared to the minifigures. I got the set 30% off on the barnes and noble sale, but still im surprised how tiny it is. My son loves the flying drone helicopter so I guess that's all that matters. Also really disappointing that the feet don't move. 

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I didn't say it was impossible, I just said I doubt it will, but I am hoping we do get one eventually.

I understand your doubt. City’s ocean sub theme will be released in USA (i don’t know when?) and I don’t see any whale. If LEGO gives us a whale, then they should use that mold as Mosasurus. Just saying. I was surprised there is no whale figure this year. I guess we will see about the next wave then!

4 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Just got around to putting together 75934 - Dilophosaurus on the Loose with my son. Wow, I can't believe how tiny the Dilo is. The images on the lego site do not seem to be to scale at all with that Dino compared to the minifigures. I got the set 30% off on the barnes and noble sale, but still im surprised how tiny it is. My son loves the flying drone helicopter so I guess that's all that matters. Also really disappointing that the feet don't move. 

Thank you for letting us know! I appreciate your honest option on this set. I was debating to buy that set. Also, I got I-Rex vs Ankylosaurus set for my birthday. I am looking forward to build it soon!

13 hours ago, Nizzy said:

The Dilophosaurus in that set is supposed to be a juvenile - like the one that killed Nedry and the one that is “on the loose” in the LEGO Legend of Isla Nublar miniseries. If you are looking for an adult dino, I highly recommend set 75931 Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack. The Dilophosaurus that comes in that set is my favorite dino that has been made to date. Everything about it, from the size to the mold to the colors, is perfect to me:

latest?cb=20180414044053

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

The Dilophosaurus in that set is supposed to be a juvenile - like the one that killed Nedry and the one that is “on the loose” in the LEGO Legend of Isla Nublar miniseries. If you are looking for an adult dino, I highly recommend set 75931 Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack. The Dilophosaurus that comes in that set is my favorite dino that has been made to date. Everything about it, from the size to the mold to the colors, is perfect to me:

I 100% agree with you. I have that set as well, and it's one of my favorite sets. I like how it comes with 3 guards/ACU minifigures. I don't like how almost every set has Gwen and/or Gwen+Claire. I also think its one of the better dinosaurs lego has made.

I'm aware the Dilo is supposed to be a baby one, but the picture art makes it seem like the Dilo is much bigger than a minifig when its almost the same height. It's fine, I still like the baby Dino. It will go good with the Dr. Wu's lab baby dinosaurs. 

You know what another cool dinosaur to get would be? A Dimorphodon! Honestly it is reasonable sized for a new mold and it could come in a $20-30 set (Which I love the $20 (even though they are $30 in Australia) sets) and I think it would be a good seller, maybe it could come in a set with a baby Ptetanodon?

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

You know what another cool dinosaur to get would be? A Dimorphodon! Honestly it is reasonable sized for a new mold and it could come in a $20-30 set (Which I love the $20 (even though they are $30 in Australia) sets) and I think it would be a good seller, maybe it could come in a set with a baby Ptetanodon?

A Dimorphodon would be lovely to get but I doubt we ever will. But if we do get one here's what it could look like (yup, made by my friend again):

Dimorphodon_2020_Watermark.png

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A Dimorphodon would be lovely to get but I doubt we ever will. But if we do get one here's what it could look like (yup, made by my friend again):

Dimorphodon_2020_Watermark.png

Your friend is so talented! The stegosaurus she shared is my ultimate favorite. Do you mind sharing her Instagram or Twitter handle where she posts her art? Thanks!