Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Why are there random eggs on the top, are they supposed to be fake eggs for the ride? 

The ride is supposed to look like a massive incubator

On 7/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, sebastian666 said:

(maybe one will feature that big crashed cargo plane in the snowy Arctic that’s leaked with a bunch of dinos attacking it)

That isn't a leak, it's a screenshot from the movie 2012! Haha just kidding :D

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

That isn't a leak, it's a screenshot from the movie 2012! Haha just kidding :D

Dude!! This almost made me believe this “screenshot from movie 2012” stuff! LOL Anyway, snowy area with dinosaurs sounds very interestng! 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Dude!! This almost made me believe this “screenshot from movie 2012” stuff! LOL Anyway, snowy area with dinosaurs sounds very interestng! 

Haha, yeah Dinosaurs and snow sound cool!

Ok! I just finished my two JW sets (Gali & Ptera Breakout and Dr. Wu’s Lab). Here are my reviews:

Gallimimus and Pteranodon Breakout - I find that vein hole Intersting as I continued building. I like how it’s constructed. However, it’s pretty odd to see that big vehicle (just my opinion). I really like a removable mobile lab! I am very pleasant with new figures: Gali and Ptera (in new colors).I am ok with minifigures. I think it’s pretty strange to see USD $49.99 for this set. 

Rating: 4/5

Dr. Wu’s Lab Breakout - I really really like that set! I love that robotic arm, it does remind me of good ol’ Jurassic Park movie. This set has great details including amber, laptop, computer, etc! These baby dinos are very cute! However, I am not sure if I am only one here to feel bothered by baby Triceratop’ “hollow” part? I am not sure what it’s for...? Anyway, I still like baby dinos. Minifigures are good (*eyes rolling at another minifig Owen*). Honestly, Owen needs some scared/surprised expression when dinos unexpectedly broke out of that lab’s playpen or whatever it is. The price is reasonable for this set.

Rating: 4.5/5

I am on the fence to buy I-Rex vs Anylo. I never have 2015’s I-Rex figure before and this set looks great! I may wait a bit before I make my mind up. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok! I just finished my two JW sets (Gali & Ptera Breakout and Dr. Wu’s Lab). Here are my reviews:

Thank you so much for the reviews. 

I am holding off on getting the Gali set for now. I already have a couple Pteradons from previous small sets and I kind of feel like it's a cheap toss in for them at this point (but I do like the new color skins). I agree with your points, it's a weird (big) looking truck. I don't really like it or any of the sets that fire nets simply because they don't seem to play good for my son (at least yet anyways). My favorite part looks like the mobile lab. I honestly think the set would be cooler with 2 ACU figures instead of ANOTHER Owen & Claire. I think the biggest reason why I don't like the set is because it's just 'made up' by Lego. Not part of any show or movie. If I see this set on sale for $30-35 USD next year I might get it, but otherwise I don't really think the price is worth it. Unless you just want new JW Lego sets which there's no problem at all. I think it's cool how 2 minifigs can fit in the vehicle but what do you do with the 3rd character?

The Dr. Wu set is perfect in my opinion just because it's a small set, good for kids, new baby dinosaurs, and it's only $20. It's so rare that Lego JW sets have a perfect price point. I also thought Blues Helicopter Pursuit was perfect for 39.99. Other than that most of these sets are $5-15$ over priced. I was scrolling through the Lego Star Wars sets yesterday and was amazed how many $20-$30 sets there are. I wish JW would have more sets in each wave at cheaper prices. I think some expensive ones $80-$120 and then a bunch of $20-40 ones. This is another reason why the Galli and Triceratops ones might not sell good in my opinion they feel over priced and you don't get enough play factor in my opinion. But yeah man the Lab is sweet. If you look back at the last few pages Guyon2002 did a sweet Dr. Wu lab MOC and Axol has some good ideas to customize a lab.

I bought the irex vs anklyo set for my son's birthday next month. I wish it was only $80 but still seems worth it. I wish it came with 2 gyrosphere balls, one for each of the kids in the set. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm hoping there's some possible mod options to combine the Carnataurus Gyro set with this Gyro set. Maybe wait until next year and this might go on sale.

3 hours ago, Nizzy said:

I haven't looked into it yet but I'm hoping there's some possible mod options to combine the Carnataurus Gyro set with this Gyro set.

I tried that out but there's surprisingly little usefull stuff in the 2018 version of the Gyrosphere station. It's mostly just the plants and foliage and the little nest, other than that the pieces from that set are pretty much useless in regards to upgrading the new station.

Modded the JP gates;

RLTnxa9.jpg

Expanded the base outward and rebuilt it to look more like dirt (the original is also in reddish brown, which matched the gates and isn't accurate to the film). I also made it so the tire tracks are 8 studs apart as my next project is going to be building a custom Explorer for myself. 

Added more diverse foliage and to the base as a result and a little easter egg;

XkeoGLA.jpg

Fully enclosed the back to match the front as I thought the mini-scenes were silly and ugly. I had to rebuild the structure for this, including running technic beams up the hollow inside for strength. 

And, this is very minor tho, I fixed the placement of the torches on the front. In the official set they are no where near the proper positioning, and literally all it took to fix this was flipping a couple of tiles and replacement them. I have no idea why the original set is so wrong. 

The only thing I'm not 100% on is my new solution for the track the cars run on as its a bit simplistic and plain compared to the official set, but the parts to emulate that method don't exist in dark tan and I was getting pretty bored by this point so; 

VbOaEMr.jpg

10 hours ago, PriorMarcus said:

Modded the JP gates;

RLTnxa9.jpg

Expanded the base outward and rebuilt it to look more like dirt (the original is also in reddish brown, which matched the gates and isn't accurate to the film). I also made it so the tire tracks are 8 studs apart as my next project is going to be building a custom Explorer for myself. 

Added more diverse foliage and to the base as a result and a little easter egg;

XkeoGLA.jpg

Fully enclosed the back to match the front as I thought the mini-scenes were silly and ugly. I had to rebuild the structure for this, including running technic beams up the hollow inside for strength. 

And, this is very minor tho, I fixed the placement of the torches on the front. In the official set they are no where near the proper positioning, and literally all it took to fix this was flipping a couple of tiles and replacement them. I have no idea why the original set is so wrong. 

The only thing I'm not 100% on is my new solution for the track the cars run on as its a bit simplistic and plain compared to the official set, but the parts to emulate that method don't exist in dark tan and I was getting pretty bored by this point so; 

VbOaEMr.jpg

That's Awesome!!! :D

23 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I tried that out but there's surprisingly little usefull stuff in the 2018 version of the Gyrosphere station. It's mostly just the plants and foliage and the little nest, other than that the pieces from that set are pretty much useless in regards to upgrading the new station.

Now that you mention that, I kind of feel a bit ripped off at the original price tag for that set. The truck, and carny are cool. But the gyro station doesn't have anything interesting. 

@PriorMarcus

Great job on the mod work. I googled the original image from the movie and see what you're talking about. Looks way better with the different dirt color.

Some news regarding the upcoming Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous animated series on Netflix:

- The release of CC has been moved back, instead of August it'll now release in September

- The first season will consist of 8 episodes, likely around 22 minutes each similar to most other animated shows

- It's 100% canon

- A male Stegosaurus, male Dimorphodon, Ceratosaurus and many other dinosaurs will appear

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

- A male Stegosaurus, male Dimorphodon, Ceratosaurus and many other dinosaurs will appear

Is there a reason why they are explicity male?

I think that a Dimorphodon could be a good alternative to the Pteranodon some people are a bit tired of. It would be a bit smaller and have a tail, but functionwise ti should be the same.

Stegosaurus is a no-brainer and Ceratosaurus could be that way to introduce a medium/large sized bipedal body-plan between the Rex and the Indoraptor.

23 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Is there a reason why they are explicity male?

I think that a Dimorphodon could be a good alternative to the Pteranodon some people are a bit tired of. It would be a bit smaller and have a tail, but functionwise ti should be the same.

Stegosaurus is a no-brainer and Ceratosaurus could be that way to introduce a medium/large sized bipedal body-plan between the Rex and the Indoraptor.

They're probably only explicitly male because many still believe all dinosaurs in Jurassic World are female like they were (supposed to be) in Jurassic Park. And just in case it isn't clear this doesn't relate to LEGO in any way shape or form, I just shared it because this is the Jurassic thread :wink: 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Some news regarding the upcoming Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous animated series on Netflix:

- The release of CC has been moved back, instead of August it'll now release in September

- The first season will consist of 8 episodes, likely around 22 minutes each similar to most other animated shows

- It's 100% canon

That's terrible news. I was dying inside last night worrying it wasn't going to be released until the end of August. Now it's worse! :'(

On 7/26/2020 at 6:29 PM, chris6507 said:

That's terrible news. I was dying inside last night worrying it wasn't going to be released until the end of August. Now it's worse! :'(

Well that sucks. Do you guys think CC will finish on its first series or have a cliffhanger?

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Well that sucks. Do you guys think CC will finish on its first series or have a cliffhanger?

Depends on how well the series does but as @sebastian666 already shared there are plans for multiple seasons

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Depends on how well the series does but as @sebastian666 already shared there are plans for multiple seasons

More series sounds awesome, and seeing that CC is canon do you think they would do a time jump to like some new park during dominions time line? For example if Biosyn has a new theme park then a CC series might take place there (but probably not, the only other way i see to have more series is to have a cliffhanger.. Well that's good news, also I was at the shops today and walked past a shelf of 2020 Mattel dinosaurs, and that (Jurassic world website) Edmontosaurus looks amazing. And echo looks different...

That doesn't look too good... Especially the animation - it looks so cheap, like an advertisement for a mobile game or something. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That doesn't look too good... Especially the animation - it looks so cheap, like an advertisement for a mobile game or something. 

It looks great to me. It's in line with every other show Dreamworks has done so if you were expecting more in terms of animation quality that's on you :sceptic:

The CC truck would make for a great LEGO set: 

JurassicWorldCampCretaceous_Season1_Episode3_00_05_59_11-1024x576.png

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It looks great to me. It's in line with every other show Dreamworks has done so if you were expecting more in terms of animation quality that's on you :sceptic:

Yes, looks like a typical dreamworks animation.

And I wonder why they didn't already do that AMG 6x6 after JW came out.

And can somebody tell me what that Camp Cretaceous is? Summercamp for rich spoiled kids?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

JurassicWorldCampCretaceous_Season1_Episode3_00_05_59_11-1024x576.png

I agree ?. I think it looks great and I see so much potential for LEGO to make kid-appropriate sets from this show.

1 hour ago, mon-o-mat said:

And can somebody tell me what that Camp Cretaceous is? Summercamp for rich spoiled kids?

There are rumors, suggestions and assumptions but as of this moment we don't know exactly what Camp Cretaceous is in-universe. We'll have to find out when the show releases Sept 18th :wink: