Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

@AxolotlPlays Hey dude, I don't know anything about Jurassic World Evolution, I'll have to check that game out. I've been playing the Lego Jurassic Park game and he loves it. 

So I found another possible Lab Piece - https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dilophosaurus-outpost-attack-75931 the back of the door has a screen + keyboard. Seems kind of pointless, and might be cooler to be able to walk through that door as an entrance to the gated area anyways? Also, I came across this JANGBRiCKS video yesterday where he puts half the Velociraptor set besides Wu's Stygimoloch set. I'll probably try to do a similar set-up. 

9 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I know, I wasn't being serious about it, just creating some ideas that would be cool to think about, also yes it's fine, and it's a he lol.

What would you say about Lego Jurassic World Evolution sets? I know it sounds crazy but when you think about it, it's not completely out of the picture. Lego has made a few other sets and/or waves of video games like: Minecraft (Minecraft Dundeons aswell), Overwatch, Super Mario etc.

They have the Jurassic Park/World license but I am not sure if they could do the game, for Universal or Frontier reasons or something.

The sets would be able to connect (Similar to the Lego trains how they had sort of expansion packs for your train tracks etc), for example:

*snip*

I would love that as a wave. The figures could be like, ACU Troopers and Rangers and then park guests and maybe new characters like Cabot Finch or the park divisions?

Even though the game itself is so-so I'd love to see sets based on it. But looking at LEGO Jurassics past I doubt they'll use it's potential, they're not even making use of TLW and JP3 :look:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

JW:D might have resumed filming (and the set images definitely look interesting, no spoilers :wink:), but there are rumours that No Time to Die could be pushed back from November to next summer, which would endanger JW:D‘s slated release date, seeing how both are Universal productions. All things considered, JW:D is not guaranteed to be released next summer, which would have repercussions for the sets too. Allegedly, Universal will decide about NTTD soon, so if JW:D does get pushed back too, there should be enough time for TLG to come up with a replacement wave. After all, they surely don‘t want another Minions situation on their hands :tongue:

The crew (or at least Sam Neill) is already back in quarantine because of the virus, I've been saying it from the beginning and it looks like I was right: this movie shouldn't have started filming yet. Imo they should just push the movie to either december 2021 or june 2022. As a Jurassic fan there are only 2 things that are very important to me when it comes to JWD:

1. The movie is the best it can possibly be (which FK wasn't)

2. The movie doesn't put tons of people at risk just so it releases on schedule

Thanks to Stonewars we now have the EOL (End Of Life) list for 2020. These are the Jurassic sets that'll be retiring this year, get them while you can!

75931 - Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack

75934 - Dilophosaurus on the Loose

75937 - Triceratops Rampage

75938 - T.Rex vs Dino-Mech Battle

56 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thanks to Stonewars we now have the EOL (End Of Life) list for 2020. These are the Jurassic sets that'll be retiring this year, get them while you can!

Is it weird that they're not retiring the Baryonyx 75935 set?

Just now, Nizzy said:

Is it weird that they're not retiring the Baryonyx 75935 set?

Not if it sold well, afaik it's the best selling 2019 Jurassic set

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least in Germany Outpost Attack isn't available since at leat half a year. You can still find it at some places, but the big ones don't have them anymore.

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not if it sold well, afaik it's the best selling 2019 Jurassic set

You mean the only decent 2019 set?

1 hour ago, mon-o-mat said:

At least in Germany Outpost Attack isn't available since at leat half a year. You can still find it at some places, but the big ones don't have them anymore.

You mean the only decent 2019 set?

What was so bad about Triceratops Rampage? That one was my favourite.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

What was so bad about Triceratops Rampage? That one was my favourite.

Imo the build isn't all that great, the figures are meh at best and the only great thing in the entire set is the Trike itself. 

This random idea just came to me - If you watch the Lost World movie, you would recognize these tiny green-ish dinosaurs. What if Lego could make that small type combo of solid plastic and flexible rubber, just like a flamingo form Gardner (CMF Series 19)? I THINK we did talk about that dinosaur being too small to make out of LEGO piece? This dinosaur is way too small for sure. So - with a flexible rubber, it may work? I understand some people dislikes that felzxible rubber part.

9 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

This random idea just came to me - If you watch the Lost World movie, you would recognize these tiny green-ish dinosaurs. What if Lego could make that small type combo of solid plastic and flexible rubber, just like a flamingo form Gardner (CMF Series 19)? I THINK we did talk about that dinosaur being too small to make out of LEGO piece? This dinosaur is way too small for sure. So - with a flexible rubber, it may work? I understand some people dislikes that felzxible rubber part.

You mean Compsognathus, or Compy as they’re commonly known? Possible, but I’d rather they just recolour the baby raptor mould. I am not enthused by the idea of a rubber piece with a single antistud . . 

25 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

You mean Compsognathus, or Compy as they’re commonly known? Possible, but I’d rather they just recolour the baby raptor mould. I am not enthused by the idea of a rubber piece with a single antistud . . 

Yes, that’s Compsognathus, thank you! Hmm baby raptor figure could work for this Compny but don’t forget Compy should have a long neck. I totally underand you are not enthused by the idea of rubber stuff!

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yes, that’s Compsognathus, thank you! Hmm baby raptor figure could work for this Compny but don’t forget Compy should have a long neck. I totally underand you are not enthused by the idea of rubber stuff!

Personally, I would love a more realistic Compy. The baby raptor would work about as well as the “Gallimimus” polybag in 2015 in my opinion. If it isn’t the right dino, it shouldn’t be used as that dino

10 hours ago, Nizzy said:

@AxolotlPlays Hey dude, I don't know anything about Jurassic World Evolution, I'll have to check that game out. I've been playing the Lego Jurassic Park game and he loves it. 

So I found another possible Lab Piece - https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/dilophosaurus-outpost-attack-75931 the back of the door has a screen + keyboard. Seems kind of pointless, and might be cooler to be able to walk through that door as an entrance to the gated area anyways? Also, I came across this JANGBRiCKS video yesterday where he puts half the Velociraptor set besides Wu's Stygimoloch set. I'll probably try to do a similar set-up. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, haha. I assume I forgot because in my collection I have a rectangle table, and I put the fences in the corners. But one of the sides of the table are on the wall and that's the side where I put the Dilophosaurus fence, which means I can't see behind it in real life and I don't search the set online (because I already have it) hence I forgot lol.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even though the game itself is so-so I'd love to see sets based on it. But looking at LEGO Jurassics past I doubt they'll use it's potential, they're not even making use of TLW and JP3 :look:

The crew (or at least Sam Neill) is already back in quarantine because of the virus, I've been saying it from the beginning and it looks like I was right: this movie shouldn't have started filming yet. Imo they should just push the movie to either december 2021 or june 2022. As a Jurassic fan there are only 2 things that are very important to me when it comes to JWD:

1. The movie is the best it can possibly be (which FK wasn't)

2. The movie doesn't put tons of people at risk just so it releases on schedule

True, I mean we are saying they have never made sets for TLW and JPIII but they kindoff have made sets on them decades ago. With those old sets.

Although we want new sets that are updated with the new, better looking dinosaurs and builds + figures. (The Lost World's 25th Anniversary is 1 and a half years away, maybe they are just waiting like for the raptor chase set.)

I would prefer Universal to wait to release until June 2022, for the safety of the cast and crew and so as you said, it's not rushed. It would also give time for the script to improve and that lucky guy that won Chris Pratts competition to choose his death, if you guys won, what would you guys choose? I would have: Stegosaurus's Thagomiser stab me. Because in the Jurassic movies, most of the deaths are from carnivores (for obvious reasons, but herbivores have killed, in FK at the end one of the guys gets trampelled (spelling?) by a Triceratops)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

46 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I would prefer Universal to wait to release until June 2022, for the safety of the cast and crew and so as you said, it's not rushed. It would also give time for the script to improve and that lucky guy that won Chris Pratts competition to choose his death, if you guys won, what would you guys choose?

When I first read this, I thought you meant Chris Pratt had a contest for someone to choose his character’s death in Dominion! I was like... spoiler alert??? Haha. But now I realize it was a contest to be an extra on the set and get eaten by a dino. Phew. I would want to be the first character to fall victim to the 10-foot adult Dilophosaurus. I’ve wanted to see that dino in its full glory on the big screen since I was a kid and realized the one in Jurassic Park was just a youngling. I also appreciate that LEGO has given us the Dilophosaurus in both its adult and juvenile forms.

Edited by sebastian666

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

When I first read this, I thought you meant Chris Pratt had a contest for someone to choose his character’s death in Dominion! I was like... spoiler alert??? Haha. But now I realize it was a contest to be an extra on the set and get eaten by a dino. Phew. I would want to be the first character to fall victim to the 10-foot adult Dilophosaurus. I’ve wanted to see that dino in its full glory on the big screen since I was a kid and realized the one in Jurassic Park was just a youngling. I also appreciate that LEGO has given us the Dilophosaurus in both its adult and juvenile forms.

Is it really? I never knew that. Embarrassing. But awesome!

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If it isn’t the right dino, it shouldn’t be used as that dino

You mean like the Baryonix?

If they modified the baby Raptor mold a bit they make it work for a Compy: 

0bac5623709fd1db38b7626564627bff.png

1 hour ago, mon-o-mat said:

You mean like the Baryonix?

The inaccuracies with the Baryonyx aren't as bad as many say they are, in the end it still looks like a Baryonyx and that's what matters. What @Balrogofmorgoth is referring to is the Gallimimus polybag LEGO released in 2015 alongside LEGO Jurassic World: The Videogame. In said polybag they reused a Coelophysis from the Dino theme and called it a Gallimimus.

LEGO Jurassic World Gallimimus Trap Set (30320) Exclusive Polybag ...

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they modified the baby Raptor mold a bit they make it work for a Compy: 

0bac5623709fd1db38b7626564627bff.png

The inaccuracies with the Baryonyx aren't as bad as many say they are, in the end it still looks like a Baryonyx and that's what matters. What @Balrogofmorgoth is referring to is the Gallimimus polybag LEGO released in 2015 alongside LEGO Jurassic World: The Videogame. In said polybag they reused a Coelophysis from the Dino theme and called it a Gallimimus.

Where did you find that modified baby Dino piece!!?!?! It looks awesome, I would love that as a Procompsognathus in real sets!

Just now, AxolotlPlays said:

Where did you find that modified baby Dino piece!!?!?! It looks awesome, I would love that as a Procompsognathus in real sets!

It's an edit made by the same friend who created that LEGO Stegosaurus mockup

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think it is interesting how much their design improved between this and the new Dilo.

In case of the Baryonyx, I would claim it is recognizeable.

I'm trying to track down a blog I found about a year ago of someone who was modding the gate from T-Rex rampage and chronicling the progress. Does anyone have this? 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's an edit made by the same friend who created that LEGO Stegosaurus mockup

He/she did an awesome job on both of them, any other work they have done? The changes I can tell, (Colours/Design of prints are obvious changes so not exactly included in this short list) the snout is longer, the tail looks longer, although I am not sure about the neck.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

20 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

He/she did an awesome job on both of them, any other work they have done? The changes I can tell, (Colours/Design of prints are obvious changes so not exactly included in this short list) the about is longer, the tail looks longer, although I am not sure about the neck.

Here's at least some more recent work, if you want to see more just check Twitter

Just saw some troubling news in Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/07/18/james-bond-jurassic-world-no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-matrix-keanu-reeves-godzilla-kong-box-office/

It sounds like Universal is seriously considering giving the Bond movie (which was supposed to come out in a few months) Jurassic World Dominion’s June 2021 release and pushing back Jurassic World to November 2021.

I wonder if this shift would effect the LEGO sets at all. If the movie is still coming out next year, I don’t see why they wouldn’t still release the sets. Maybe instead of a June release, they will go for a September release to more closely coincide with the movie’s promotion. 

I’m not an expert on this stuff, so I wonder if anyone else on the forum has any more insight? I agree with what @Guyon2002 said recently - I would rather them have more time to get the movie right than anything else.