Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

After binge watching all of the Jurassic movies this weekend, I decided to download the LEGO Legend of Isla Nublar TV show. Not sure if this has already been noted, but it looks like every single 2020 set (except for the gyrosphere) is based on this new TV show. 

A few key dinos that appear on the TV show that haven’t been turned into LEGO yet include the Mosasaurus, the Stegosaurus, and the Brachiosaurus. Any thoughts on if / when we will get these? Also, why don’t we have a Jurassic Park Visitors Center (or JEEP or Explorer) yet??

I’m a massive fan of the Jurassic movies, but have only collected the LEGO Harry Potter series to date. Today, I ordered the JP Velociraptor attack, Dr. Wu’s lab, the Dilophosaurus Breakout, and the LEGO Juniors set with the iconic brown T-Rex. Also placed a back order for the new Fossils set.

Are there any other key sets that folks think are must-haves for this series? Looking forward to building out my collection! 

Gonna put some answers in a list:

- The 2020 sets are not based on Legends of Isla Nublar, the only sets we got for that show came out in 2019. This wave consists of 1 Jurassic World set and 3 sets that are completely made up by LEGO themselves, although the baby ankylosaurus in Wu's Lab is based off Bumpy (the 'mascot character' from the upcoming Camp Cretaceous show).

- With the way the Anky is build a Stegosaurus is high on our list of likely-to-get dinosaurs for the Dominion wave. The Mosasaurus is a staple of the World movies so that one should really be in a set soon as well, maybe the Dominion wave as well? Unless they scale the Brachi down significantly it has no chance of appearing in a set. 

- Visitor Center / Jeep / Explorer have already been explained perfectly by @vstat05

- The most important sets to look out for (that you might still find available for sale) are imo: Velociraptor Chase (2018), Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Manor (2018), Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus (2020). Simply because they are the sets that represent the movies the best, other sets I'd recommend are: T.Rex Transport (2018), Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape (2018), Stygimoloch Breakout (2018) and Dr. Wu's Lab (2020)

5 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Personally, the Triceratops set from last year is my favourite of this whole line so far. The Stygimoloch Breakout from 2018 is great too, (Stygimoloch and Triceratops are my favourite Dinos so far) but it's a bit redundant if you have Dr. Wu's lab, so you can probably skip it. Personally I hope they do more 'park' style builds like the egg ride in the Triceratops set, and, yes, the Indominus VS  Ankylosaur.

If you've got some spare pieces Dr Wu's Lab and the lab from the Stygi set actually work really well together:

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I am hoping for a Stegosaurus so much and one Instagram reply from Lego, it sounded something like this:

Random guy: I like these sets the Ankylosaurus and Gallimimus are great, but I was hoping for a Stegosaurus maybe a Mosasaurus or a brachiosaurus.

Lego: You never know what our designers are making... (2 Dinosaur emoji's)

Images are hard to get in so hope you guys know what I am talking about lol

So I hope we get some cool dinosaurs. We haven't seen any sauropods yet so that would be cool to see

Hope counter: 4

You do know that's the standard social media answer right? Even if you ask for something that would never happen (like Game of Thrones set) that would be the answer you'd get

6 hours ago, vstat05 said:

Stegosaurus I’d say is very likely because of the way the ankylosaurus is built. Out of pure speculation, I think Spinosaurus is likely in the dominion wave, and it’d be weird to me if they never made a Mosasaurus the entire time there were JW movies in theaters.

After some criticism of 75936 a designer told us a visitor center set was never considered, and that they didn’t include an explorer with that set partly out of license issues. I’m guessing they’re trying to see how long they can succeed with this license without releasing those two vehicles, and they really can as long as they bring in new dinosaurs. There is a prototype of the 2015 dilophosaurus set that showed they considered a classic JP Jeep until they went with the blue and white one

I think the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set is also a must have, its very much what an authentic Jurassic World set should look like.

Does a photo of that exist? Now I really want to see it!

6 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Does a photo of that exist? Now I really want to see it!

Same, or a link would be fine?

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here you go:

Neat! What is the source exactly? I’ve seen at least one interview with the set designers, but this prototype wasn‘t part of it, at least from what I can remember :classic:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Neat! What is the source exactly? I’ve seen at least one interview with the set designers, but this prototype wasn‘t part of it, at least from what I can remember :classic:

Gary Glover posted them on his site, he's a freelance illustrator who has designed some of LEGO's boxes in the past. The prototype version of Raptor Rampage is on there as well but that's it for Jurassic. 

https://www.ggillustration.com/about

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gary Glover posted them on his site, he's a freelance illustrator who has designed some of LEGO's boxes in the past. The prototype version of Raptor Rampage is on there as well but that's it for Jurassic. 

https://www.ggillustration.com/about

Thank you! :thumbup: I didn‘t even know that TLG hire freelance artists for boxart designs, I always thought those were done internally :sweet: Interestingly, only the JW boxarts he worked on show preliminary set designs, while the Marvel ones for instance were the finalised versions.

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here you go:

Thank you! Now I'm considering to mod the 2015 and bricklink it :D

I really hope Lego someday manages to get the license for these cars.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's a retorical question, ofc everyone wants to finally get a movie accurate Blue. Though I'd personally want her to look like this: 

image0.png

I am unsure on how it is a rhetorical question lol but I do agree with everyone wanting that. It is most likely that blue will be movie accurate next time we get her, because last time we got her, she was a baby and was grey, maybe it will look like 2015 blue who knows.

11 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I am unsure on how it is a rhetorical question lol but I do agree with everyone wanting that. It is most likely that blue will be movie accurate next time we get her, because last time we got her, she was a baby and was grey, maybe it will look like 2015 blue who knows.

I said retorical question because I couldn't think of a better term (english isn't my first language after all) and didn't want to call it a 'useless' question as that's pretty rude but the question you asked is like asking if people would want a ginger Harry Potter in the HP thread. Of course the fans would want the things they buy to be as accurate as possible :shrug_oh_well:

@vstat05 @Fenghuang0296 @Guyon2002 and everyone else - thanks for your answers and your feedback. Just ordered the Stygi set so I can add it to Dr. Wu’s lab like you recommended. Looking forward to building my LEGO Jurassic collection.

Has anyone else noticed that the robotic T-Rex is the exact same colors / patterns as the Jurassic Park Explorer? It even includes red stripe stickers. I wonder if anyone has tried making their own JP Explorer using the pieces in this set.

The best MOC Explorer I’ve been able to find so far is by @jonaskramm:

35 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Still wish for a minifigure size raptor. Those monstrosities don't work for me.

Imo it's far too late to change it, we have so many of those big raptors now many people have gotten used to it. Changing them now would be more accurate but just as annoying as the constant changing of troopers in LEGO Star Wars

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the robotic T-Rex is the exact same colors / patterns as the Jurassic Park Explorer? It even includes red stripe stickers. I wonder if anyone has tried making their own JP Explorer using the pieces in this set.

Yeah we noticed that right away :wink: And I personally hate it, it's just throwing more salt in the 'wound' of still not having the Ford Explorer :ugh:

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah we noticed that right away :wink: And I personally hate it, it's just throwing more salt in the 'wound' of still not having the Ford Explorer :ugh:

And I’m just glad we have something in that iconic colour scheme at all, even if it’s just a silly T-Rex mech :head_back:

(imagine going back in time and posting this very discussion in the 2015 JW thread, the reactions would be priceless)

30 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And I’m just glad we have something in that iconic colour scheme at all, even if it’s just a silly T-Rex mech :head_back:

(imagine going back in time and posting this very discussion in the 2015 JW thread, the reactions would be priceless)

I can taste the salt through my time machine :laugh_hard:

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Imo it's far too late to change it, we have so many of those big raptors now many people have gotten used to it. Changing them now would be more accurate but just as annoying as the constant changing of troopers in LEGO Star Wars

And they still decided to change helmets for no reason after 20 years. A new smaller Raptor wouldn't only make them more accurate, but also make them a cheaper alternative for smaller sets. Or the actual posibility to form packs of them.

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

And they still decided to change helmets for no reason after 20 years. A new smaller Raptor wouldn't only make them more accurate, but also make them a cheaper alternative for smaller sets. Or the actual posibility to form packs of them.

I agree with @Guyon2002 that LEGO probably won’t change the standard size of the raptor anytime soon - however that doesn’t mean we will never get a smaller raptor. Look at the adolescent Dilophosaurus (quite a bit smaller than the standard Dilophosaurus but much bigger than the baby Dino piece) that was included in last year’s Dilophosaurus on the Loose set. Yes, it’s based on an episode of the LEGO Legends of Isla Nublar snow, but if that show is renewed for a second season (technically a third season since LEGO Secret Exhibit was first) it could feature Owen with adolescent raptors instead of adult or baby raptors.

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

I'm not saying it's never gonna happen, I'm saying I don't see the need for one. On top on my previous points a new small raptor would have pretty much zero articulation and a very limited amount of printing because they can't do intricate details on them, just look at the Dilo. Do you really want to sacrifice articulation and good looking prints to get something that is completely static but more accurate in size? I personally don't, I'm all for accuracy to the source material but not if it the final product ends up like that. 

I do very much like @sebastian666's adolescent Raptors in a possible LoIN S2 idea though, that would be great! Though I'd definetely rather get movie sets than another wave with made-up sets.  

10 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Yes, it’s based on an episode of the LEGO Legends of Isla Nublar snow, but if that show is renewed for a second season (technically a third season since LEGO Secret Exhibit was first) it could feature Owen with adolescent raptors instead of adult or baby raptors.

Technically ''The Secret Exhibit'' was just a short, a prequel of sorts for the tv show. The season we got is very much season 1 :wink:

My friend told me these are some of the dinosaurs that will be in Jurassic world dominion (there could be more new ones like Dilophosaurus or Dreadnoughtus. Also the obvious ones will be included like Tyrannosaurus Rex, Stegosaurus and Velociraptor etc.)

Therizinasaurus, Giganotasaurus, Pyroraptor, Deinonychus, Dimetrodon, Microceratus and Spinosaurus

Could you imagine these as Lego. I could see a polybag with a Compsognathus or a Microceratus.

Interested to see how they will differentiate the Deinonychus from the Velociraptor. Probably they will just add feathers lol.

Bonus thing that has nothing to do with that: Parasauralophus is the only dinosaur that has been in every single Jurassic Park movie. (That includes Battle at Big Rock)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

42 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I could see a polybag with a Compsognathus or a Microceratus.

I would love a polybag or even a normal set that’s just full of Compys, like three or four of them. Compy Battle Pack anyone? :P