Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Honestly, I think that the Dominion wave for next year may be the first time we care about figures in Jurassic World sets. Obviously we all wanted the original Jurassic Park characters as figures and we eventually got them through the D2C and velociraptor set, but this is the first time I’m actually excited to see the figures and not just the dinosaurs for this theme. That’s not to say the minifigures in the sets are bad, but they’re very expected- too many Owens, several Claires, some other main characters and then the army builder figures. However, Dominion’s massive cast really has me excited to see the figures for the new sets! 

13 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Honestly, I think that the Dominion wave for next year may be the first time we care about figures in Jurassic World sets. Obviously we all wanted the original Jurassic Park characters as figures and we eventually got them through the D2C and velociraptor set, but this is the first time I’m actually excited to see the figures and not just the dinosaurs for this theme. That’s not to say the minifigures in the sets are bad, but they’re very expected- too many Owens, several Claires, some other main characters and then the army builder figures. However, Dominion’s massive cast really has me excited to see the figures for the new sets! 

Watch this will be the one time the figures really suck

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Might want to change 'we' to 'I', I've always been incredibly excited for the figures in this theme. And I know I'm not the only one

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Might want to change 'we' to 'I', I've always been incredibly excited for the figures in this theme. And I know I'm not the only one

I completely agree. Some of them are mediocre, but remember Zia from that T-Rex Transport set a couple of years ago? Her design is gorgeous. Not to mention Ellie from the first JP set with the velociraptor. She had dual moulding and print on the side of her legs. That was so slick. 

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I completely agree. Some of them are mediocre, but remember Zia from that T-Rex Transport set a couple of years ago? Her design is gorgeous. Not to mention Ellie from the first JP set with the velociraptor. She had dual moulding and print on the side of her legs. That was so slick. 

That Zia figure was very nice. It’s a shame they chose the most obnoxious dumb character to go all out on though. I wish they had put that kind of attention into the Claire figure in the new Indominus set or a more accurate Owen

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That Zia figure was very nice. It’s a shame they chose the most obnoxious dumb character to go all out on though. I wish they had put that kind of attention into the Claire figure in the new Indominus set or a more accurate Owen

. . . Zia’s my favourite character . . :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To tell you the truth I only recently realized how excited I am over the figures in this theme. It was all about the dinosaurs until this year when I rewatched the franchise and realized I want to collect all the characters as well. Already had most of them, and I ebayed the few I didn’t have. Some I just traded other figures for with my brother

Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

. . . Zia’s my favourite character . . :sceptic:

I’m glad you like her, I honestly couldn’t stand her. Didn’t much like Franklin either. I just felt like their characters were forced and unrealistic in the context of the film

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m glad you like her, I honestly couldn’t stand her. Didn’t much like Franklin either. I just felt like their characters were forced and unrealistic in the context of the film

My main problem with Franklin was how he's essentially a new character playing a role that could've easily been filled in by an existing one: Lowery. I have nothing against Justice Smith but I would take Lowery over Franklin any day. 

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

My main problem with Franklin was how he's essentially a new character playing a role that could've easily been filled in by an existing one: Lowery. I have nothing against Justice Smith but I would take Lowery over Franklin any day. 

Agreed, I’m very happy Lowery is coming back for Dominion. I think Lowery delivered a lot more than Franklin despite having a much smaller role. I would love a Lowery minifig btw

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Oh yeah, Zia is definitely a standout of the line and I love Ellie’s figure as well. I’ve just never really been excited about the figures because honestly after 2018 I just feel like it’s such an Owen and Claire overload, and they barely get new variants and don’t get new face prints. I’d really like some different expressions for Owen considering how many sets he’s been in over the last couple years. There are some nice figures occasionally like the park visitors in last year’s wave but this is the first time I actually care about seeing the figures instead of just the dinosaurs, if that makes sense. 

For me Zia has the same Problem as Claire: That hairstyle doesn't work on Lego heads. And I do wonder if there are really chracters that had a role in the movies but no figures. Of course many of the were only in one set, but the movies also were overly centered on Claiere and Owen. And this doesn't mean that there aren' enough Owens out there.

8 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

For me Zia has the same Problem as Claire: That hairstyle doesn't work on Lego heads. And I do wonder if there are really chracters that had a role in the movies but no figures. Of course many of the were only in one set, but the movies also were overly centered on Claiere and Owen. And this doesn't mean that there aren' enough Owens out there.

I personally use Harry Potters year 4 hair (Lloyd in black) for Zia and it's perfect imo. 

As for characters we don't have, I'll stick to World characters only because otherwise we'll be here all day:

- Lowery Cruthers

- Vivian Krill

- Zara Young

- Scott Mitchell

- Karen Mitchell

- Hamada

- Nick Letting

- Jimmy Fallon

- Benjamin Lockwood

- Iris Carroll

- Ian Malcolm

- Eli Mills (the one we got in the set will forever be ''generic bad guy #379'')

- Jack the mercenary

- Margaritha guy

And that's not even including characters from the games like Cabot Finch or just generic background people. 

Edited by Guyon2002

22 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Aren't most of the characters appearing in Dominion just ones we've already gotten figures of in the past? More Owen and Claire to add to the clone army. Potentially another release for Zach, Gray, Wu, Barry, Zia, Franklin or Maisie?

I understand the appeal of the classic trio or a character like Lowery who hasn't been made yet, but I'm not really seeing why the figures for the new film would be more exciting than usual. Sure they'll be new variants but at the end of the day its still nothing we haven't already gotten before. For me personally getting minifigures from The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 would be a much bigger draw as the characters from those films haven't been touched yet.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Aren't most of the characters appearing in Dominion just ones we've already gotten figures of in the past? More Owen and Claire to add to the clone army. Potentially another release for Zach, Gray, Wu, Barry, Zia, Franklin or Maisie?

I understand the appeal of the classic trio or a character like Lowery who hasn't been made yet, but I'm not really seeing why the figures for the new film would be more exciting than usual. Sure they'll be new variants but at the end of the day its still nothing we haven't already gotten before. For me personally getting minifigures from The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 would be a much bigger draw as the characters from those films haven't been touched yet.

I agree to a large extent, I would love to see sets with figures and dinosaurs from Lost World and JP3, but I still love character variants almost as much as new characters. Not to mention Muldoon and Genarro

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Well, we’d hopefully be getting new variants of characters like Maisie and Zia, but I’m excited for figures like older versions of the original trio, Lowery, Dichen Lachman’s character, and now Dodgson as well. I don’t particularly care about getting characters from The Lost World and Jurassic Park III as minifigures to be honest, except maybe Sarah Harding. 

26 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Well, we’d hopefully be getting new variants of characters like Maisie and Zia, but I’m excited for figures like older versions of the original trio, Lowery, Dichen Lachman’s character, and now Dodgson as well. I don’t particularly care about getting characters from The Lost World and Jurassic Park III as minifigures to be honest, except maybe Sarah Harding. 

I would very much love characters from The Lost World and JP3, I think that would be amazing, although Amanda Kirby could give Zia a run for her money as far as most annoying Jurassic character (in my opinion of course)

As much as I’d really love some lost world sets, I think it’s the idea that there’ll be such a huge cast of characters that it’ll be unlikely Owen and Claire will be as abundant as they were in JWFK sets. Completely new variants of characters we’ve gotten before are pretty exciting, since outside of Owen, Claire, and Wu, we’ve only gotten some for Malcolm and Masrani. The Mitchell bros and Hoskins were more like remakes of their 2015 figures.

If nothing else at least they’d (hopefully) be more opportunities for a variety of new flesh civilian faces and torsos. I doubt Owen is wearing a vest this time, Dodgson and Lowery would be new characters we’ve never had before, Barry hasn’t been seen since 2015, and new versions of Alan, Ellie, and Ian will be great to have.

2 hours ago, vstat05 said:

As much as I’d really love some lost world sets, I think it’s the idea that there’ll be such a huge cast of characters that it’ll be unlikely Owen and Claire will be as abundant as they were in JWFK sets. Completely new variants of characters we’ve gotten before are pretty exciting, since outside of Owen, Claire, and Wu, we’ve only gotten some for Malcolm and Masrani. The Mitchell bros and Hoskins were more like remakes of their 2015 figures.

If nothing else at least they’d (hopefully) be more opportunities for a variety of new flesh civilian faces and torsos. I doubt Owen is wearing a vest this time, Dodgson and Lowery would be new characters we’ve never had before, Barry hasn’t been seen since 2015, and new versions of Alan, Ellie, and Ian will be great to have.

Exactly, that’s why I’m excited. Even characters from The Lost World would just be more minifigures in generic tactical or adventure gear or whatever, and I honestly believe there’s not really any figures worth making from the third movie. I most certainly don’t need minifigures of the annoying Kirbys. I think Dominion will give us a lot more variety in figures than we’ve had in the past which is where my excitement is stemming from. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

7 hours ago, wesker said:

Potentially another release for Zach, Gray, Wu, Barry, Zia, Franklin or Maisie?

Zach and Gray are not returning for Dominion though, if they are it hasn't been announced yet 

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Fk Claire kindoff looks like Sarah Harding lmao

For those in the US, Walmart.com has the new sets in stock now!

Edited by Rune Haako

After binge watching all of the Jurassic movies this weekend, I decided to download the LEGO Legend of Isla Nublar TV show. Not sure if this has already been noted, but it looks like every single 2020 set (except for the gyrosphere) is based on this new TV show. 

A few key dinos that appear on the TV show that haven’t been turned into LEGO yet include the Mosasaurus, the Stegosaurus, and the Brachiosaurus. Any thoughts on if / when we will get these? Also, why don’t we have a Jurassic Park Visitors Center (or JEEP or Explorer) yet??

I’m a massive fan of the Jurassic movies, but have only collected the LEGO Harry Potter series to date. Today, I ordered the JP Velociraptor attack, Dr. Wu’s lab, the Dilophosaurus Breakout, and the LEGO Juniors set with the iconic brown T-Rex. Also placed a back order for the new Fossils set.

Are there any other key sets that folks think are must-haves for this series? Looking forward to building out my collection! 

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

After binge watching all of the Jurassic movies this weekend, I decided to download the LEGO Legend of Isla Nublar TV show. Not sure if this has already been noted, but it looks like every single 2020 set (except for the gyrosphere) is based on this new TV show. 

A few key dinos that appear on the TV show that haven’t been turned into LEGO yet include the Mosasaurus, the Stegosaurus, and the Brachiosaurus. Any thoughts on if / when we will get these? Also, why don’t we have a Jurassic Park Visitors Center (or JEEP or Explorer) yet??

I’m a massive fan of the Jurassic movies, but have only collected the LEGO Harry Potter series to date. Today, I ordered the JP Velociraptor attack, Dr. Wu’s lab, the Dilophosaurus Breakout, and the LEGO Juniors set with the iconic brown T-Rex. Also placed a back order for the new Fossils set.

Are there any other key sets that folks think are must-haves for this series? Looking forward to building out my collection! 

Stegosaurus I’d say is very likely because of the way the ankylosaurus is built. Out of pure speculation, I think Spinosaurus is likely in the dominion wave, and it’d be weird to me if they never made a Mosasaurus the entire time there were JW movies in theaters.

After some criticism of 75936 a designer told us a visitor center set was never considered, and that they didn’t include an explorer with that set partly out of license issues. I’m guessing they’re trying to see how long they can succeed with this license without releasing those two vehicles, and they really can as long as they bring in new dinosaurs. There is a prototype of the 2015 dilophosaurus set that showed they considered a classic JP Jeep until they went with the blue and white one. 

I think the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set is also a must have, its very much what an authentic Jurassic World set should look like.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Personally, the Triceratops set from last year is my favourite of this whole line so far. The Stygimoloch Breakout from 2018 is great too, (Stygimoloch and Triceratops are my favourite Dinos so far) but it's a bit redundant if you have Dr. Wu's lab, so you can probably skip it. Personally I hope they do more 'park' style builds like the egg ride in the Triceratops set, and, yes, the Indominus VS  Ankylosaur.

3 hours ago, vstat05 said:

Stegosaurus I’d say is very likely because of the way the ankylosaurus is built. Out of pure speculation, I think Spinosaurus is likely in the dominion wave, and it’d be weird to me if they never made a Mosasaurus the entire time there were JW movies in theaters.

After some criticism of 75936 a designer told us a visitor center set was never considered, and that they didn’t include an explorer with that set partly out of license issues. I’m guessing they’re trying to see how long they can succeed with this license without releasing those two vehicles, and they really can as long as they bring in new dinosaurs. There is a prototype of the 2015 dilophosaurus set that showed they considered a classic JP Jeep until they went with the blue and white one. 

I think the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set is also a must have, its very much what an authentic Jurassic World set should look like.

I am hoping for a Stegosaurus so much and one Instagram reply from Lego, it sounded something like this:

Random guy: I like these sets the Ankylosaurus and Gallimimus are great, but I was hoping for a Stegosaurus maybe a Mosasaurus or a brachiosaurus.

Lego: You never know what our designers are making... (2 Dinosaur emoji's)

Images are hard to get in so hope you guys know what I am talking about lol

So I hope we get some cool dinosaurs. We haven't seen any sauropods yet so that would be cool to see

Hope counter: 4

Edited by AxolotlPlays