Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That makes no sense, the sets released on June 1st in Germany. Same as other European countries

Not everywhere in Europe :wink: Swiss retailers also didn’t get them June 1st

On 6/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, Guyon2002 said:

That makes no sense, the sets released on June 1st in Germany. Same as other European countries

So far i haven't found  them anywhere.

If you could create any official Lego Jurassic World set for anyone to buy, what would you make? (I would have a 'lost world' set that includes:

- Ian Malcolm, Sarah Harding, Nick Van Owen, Eddie Carr and Kelly Malcolm.

- Stegosaurus and baby Stegosaurus.

- A tree build that could be knocked over by Stegosaurus tail and a little part for the baby Stegosaurus to sit and be hidden behind leaves but the leaves could open and close like the treasure chest from 2019 Baryonyx set. The tree would be hollow inside. It would also have a feature for the Stegosaurus's thagomiser to impail the fallen tree.

- Half the Mobile Lab (Other half of the RV in another set, because I have always wanted 2 Jurassic World sets to be able to combine)

I think that is a pretty good set, although it would be expensive I would guess $80 - $100 (Not ASD) and I would name it, Stegosaurus Encounter (But Lego probably call it: Stegosaurus Rampage lol jk)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

If you could create any official Lego Jurassic World set for anyone to buy, what would you make? (I would have a 'lost world' set that includes:

- Ian Malcolm, Sarah Harding, Nick Van Owen, Eddie Carr and Kelly Malcolm.

- Stegosaurus and baby Stegosaurus.

- A tree build that could be knocked over by Stegosaurus tail and a little part for the baby Stegosaurus to sit and be hidden behind leaves but the leaves could open and close like the treasure chest from 2019 Baryonyx set. The tree would be hollow inside. It would also have a feature for the Stegosaurus's thagomiser to impail the fallen tree.

- Half the Mobile Lab (Other half of the RV in another set, because I have always wanted 2 Jurassic World sets to be able to combine)

I think that is a pretty good set, although it would be expensive I would guess $80 - $100 (Not ASD) and I would name it, Stegosaurus Encounter (But Lego probably call it: Stegosaurus Rampage lol jk)

Do we have a wishlist-topic?

10 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Do we have a wishlist-topic?

Afaik we don't but if this gets continued we should probably make one :shrug_oh_well:

Some pretty big news for Jurassic World Dominion: Campbell Scott has been cast as Lewis Dodgson, who has been promoted to CEO of Biosyn Genetics since his appearance in JP

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Some pretty big news for Jurassic World Dominion: Campbell Scott has been cast as Lewis Dodgson, who has been promoted to CEO of Biosyn Genetics since his appearance in JP

Sounds awesome; I expect he'll get a minifig in the most expensive set (ala Lockwood Estate). I hope the movie Dodgson meets the same sticky end as his book counterpart!

Just now, Felkin said:

Sounds awesome; I expect he'll get a minifig in the most expensive set (ala Lockwood Estate). I hope the movie Dodgson meets the same sticky end as his book counterpart!

Well the movie is very crowded already so I'm not sure wether or not we'll get a figure of everyone but as Dodgson reportedly is the main villain of JWD I'd say our chances of getting him are quite high! I'm just hoping we get Lowery :grin:

I was wondering before who the villain would be, and now we know :laugh: Quite a neat way to wrap everything up, with one of the major villains from the books returning. Speaking of returning: At first I was puzzled why the original actor had been replaced and after a quick search, all I can say is yikes *huh*

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of returning: At first I was puzzled why the original actor had been replaced and after a quick search, all I can say is yikes *huh*

He definetely got what he deserved. But lucky for us Dodgson wasn't that big a character and there's a 25-30 year (depending on what year JWD takes place in) difference between JP and JWD so having a different actor won't be a problem :tongue:

For those interested Zavvi has the JW Bricktober pack for $15.99, grabbed one up right away since I never got one and prices on eBay are like $35 at the lowest

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oooo, that sounds cool

Maybe he gave up trying for the embryos and now he will hunt down and capture dinosaurs instead. Although they might not kill him seeing as the JP franchise is apparently still continuing after dominion (yay) but Dr Wu might get the short end of the stick, he might even work with Dodgson, or biosyn creates the feathered Dinos that were rumoured a while ago

Edited by AxolotlPlays

All I’m saying is we had better get minifigures of Dodgson, Alan, Ellie, and Ian in addition to the JW main characters like Owen and Claire. Also, I’m really hoping Dr. Wu finally gets what’s coming to him (as the real villain of the franchise in my opinion), so a Dominion version of him would be nice if he gets a good chunk of screen time. I would love the signature black turtle neck without the lab coat. Also, Lowery and Barry are back for Dominion according to IMDB so figures of them would be nice as I really enjoyed both characters in the first Jurassic World movie

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

All I’m saying is we had better get minifigures of Dodgson, Alan, Ellie, and Ian in addition to the JW main characters like Owen and Claire. Also, I’m really hoping Dr. Wu finally gets what’s coming to him (as the real villain of the franchise in my opinion), so a Dominion version of him would be nice if he gets a good chunk of screen time. I would love the signature black turtle neck without the lab coat. Also, Lowery and Barry are back for Dominion according to IMDB so figures of them would be nice as I really enjoyed both characters in the first Jurassic World movie

Same, we probably will get the main characters, although don't get your hopes too high because remember we didn't get Benjamin Lockwood or fk Ian Malcolm. And those 2 I thought we were sure to get but 2018 came and the figures didn't unfortunately.

49 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Same, we probably will get the main characters, although don't get your hopes too high because remember we didn't get Benjamin Lockwood or fk Ian Malcolm. And those 2 I thought we were sure to get but 2018 came and the figures didn't unfortunately.

I agree? It’s unlikely we’ll get a lot of the figures I mentioned but I really hope we at least get most of them. I used to only be attracted to the dinosaurs in this theme but lately I’ve grown to seriously appreciate the characters of the franchise and by extension, the minifigures. So hopefully we get them 

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

What set would they even include Malcolm in? He had a REALLY small role in the movie, and there was no set that would make his inclusion fell like it makes sense.

Also, considering that Lockwood is killed (choked by the guy that appears in the set), I understand why they didn't include him.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What set would they even include Malcolm in? He had a REALLY small role in the movie, and there was no set that would make his inclusion fell like it makes sense.

I agree, the only thing Malcolm ever had any chance of appearing in was the Bricktober pack. Well he technically was included ofc :tongue:

13 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We'll definetely get Alan, Ellie and Ian. Knowing LEGO they'll either all be in the most expensive set or spread out across the 3 most expensive sets 

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, considering that Lockwood is killed (choked by the guy that appears in the set), I understand why they didn't include him.

Plus he spends most of his screentime bed-ridden, which doesn‘t help either. I would‘ve loved to get a minifig of him, but as you say it‘s understandable :classic:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We'll definetely get Alan, Ellie and Ian. Knowing LEGO they'll either all be in the most expensive set or spread out across the 3 most expensive sets 

I sure hope we‘ll get all three of them, otherwise it‘d be like omitting Luke, Han or Leia from the ST sets. I don‘t really care how they‘ll be distributed though because I will buy all of the sets anyway :tongue:

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree about how he only got a small cameo, but Malcolm is an iconic character and it would have made sense for Lego to release him, also Lego would have made these sets before the movies release, they might not have known he only had a small role. And I fully agree with your Lockwood excuse so no comment there lol.

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I sure hope we‘ll get all three of them, otherwise it‘d be like omitting Luke, Han or Leia from the ST sets. I don‘t really care how they‘ll be distributed though because I will buy all of the sets anyway :tongue:

Same haha

Edited by AxolotlPlays

Sam Neil has just confirmed that he, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum will have "substantial" roles in Dominion and will be "featured throughout the whole movie".

So I think it's almost certain we'll get all three of them as minfigures. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sam Neil has just confirmed that he, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum will have "substantial" roles in Dominion and will be "featured throughout the whole movie".

So I think it's almost certain we'll get all three of them as minfigures. 

We already knew that though, Trevorrow confirmed it months ago. And ofc LEGO will capitalise on the JP trio coming back, they'd be stupid not to take advantage of the enormous merchandising possibilities :laugh_hard:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We already knew that though, Trevorrow confirmed it months ago. And ofc LEGO will capitalise on the JP trio coming back, they'd be stupid not to take advantage of the enormous merchandising possibilities :laugh_hard:

Well yes but actually no.

We knew they would be in the movie, but we didn't know that they would be featured throughout the whole movie and have significant roles.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well yes but actually no.

We knew they would be in the movie, but we didn't know that they would be featured throughout the whole movie and have significant roles.

Even the fact they're getting significant roles was already known :wink: