Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Awesome, also same with the Mosasaurus on the Gyrostation sign. Would be cool if we got a Brachiosaurus but I doubt we will ever get one

13 hours ago, Tom Jurassic said:

@Guyon2002 - I didn't even realise the Mosa is actually on the sign in the film - thanks for pointing out a new detail to me! The Calendar in the set does feature a Brachiosaurus...but I doubt we'd ever get one sadly.

My review of the Indominus set is now live here:

I liked the comparison between the old and new figures and pieces, and they’re my thoughts exactly. I was gonna complain Gray’s displeased look wasn’t fitting but then you brought up this is exactly the part where he’s tired of Zach staring at girls. Old Gray is also preferable to me since its possible to give him short sleeves, new torso I think would be fitting for a purist JP3 Alan Grant. Claire and Josh look so good, just wish the latter used the Dustin cap in brown. Any more praise would just be me repeating myself and everyone else, it’s just overall such a great set, the best one the theme’s ever made so far I’d say.

Does anyone know when Jurassic World sets will be released in USA? From what I see, it is July. Not sure if it’s a correct info. 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does anyone know when Jurassic World sets will be released in USA? From what I see, it is July. Not sure if it’s a correct info. 

Something between July 1st and August 1st, I don't think we have an official release date for now tho.

Usually not much of a reviewer but as a massive JW fan I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus and Dr Wu's lab sets which I've build today. It's just a short bit based on figures, dinosaurs, building experience and price :wink:

Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus

Figures: the figures are mostly very good. I don't have any complaints about Zach, Gray and Owen but Claire definetely should've had dualmolded legs or at least legprinting. Josh's face doesn't work for him at all so that should've probably been a new print. 8.5/10

Dinosaurs: perfect, nothing more to say (though I do recommend switching the gray pin in the Anky's tail to a black one if you want to display it). 10/10

Building experience: the overall building experience was very pleasant. Straightforward build, a few interesting techniques and a sticker here and there. There were some repetitive bits though. 9/10

Price: I personally got this for around 85 euro (wich is 25 euro off retail) and I still feel like I may have paid just a tiny bit more than it's worth. Of course there are 2 big dinosaurs in this set and some fairly large pieces (tracks, gyrosphere, large plates etc) but I just can't recommend this set to anyone at it's retail price. If you don't mind waiting a little while I'd highly recommend waiting for a discount as the base price is definetely too high. 6/10

Overall score and verdict: 8.4/10 - a good set with a lot going for it, what really drags it's score down is the price.

Dr Wu's lab

Figures: the figures in this set are decent, though I personally feel like the chosen characters are a bit meh. Wu gets a good, albeit cartoony, new faceprint and Owen gets a new vest that honestly doesn't make much sense to me. I would've rather seen a character other than Owen but it's a decent figure, there are some exclusive prints in this set in terms of figures but not enough imo. 6.5/10

Dinosaurs: Bumpy is really cute but compared to the adult Ankylosaurus it's hard to believe they're the same species, the Trike is good. 8/10

Building experience: oof, that was a rough one as I personally really didn't like building this set. The amount of interesting techniques used in the set is very minimal and there are stickers absolutely everywhere. I really felt like most of the time spend building this set was applying those horrible, annoying clearbacked stickers. 3.5/10

Price: the price for this set is good, especially considering Jurassic World's prices are pretty high most of the time. You definetely get enough stuff to justify the 20 euro pricetag. 9/10

Overall score and verdict: 6.8/10 - overall it's a fairly solid set with a good price. What drags the score for this set down is definetely the buiding experience as this set has way more stickers than a set this size should have. All of those stickers being clearbacked certainly doesn't help as they are a pain to put on. I recommend the set but be prepared for a tedious half hour building.

@Guyon2002: Thanks for the informative reviews :thumbup: I think Wu's lab should have been realised as a 4+ set. The build appears to be rather simple anyway and that also would have solved the sticker issue :laugh:

For anyone wondering next JW magazine comes with young Hoskins and a JP inspired vehicle. That means we are finally getting more characters than another Owen.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

For anyone wondering next JW magazine comes with young Hoskins and a JP inspired vehicle. That means we are finally getting more characters than another Owen.

Just saw that, good news imo. I missed out on the 2015 sets and despise the T-Rex vs Mech set so getting him in a magazine would be great

How sad that quad thingy is actually the closest thing we got so far to a proper JP jeep, at least in its colour scheme :grin: The 2015 set doesn't count, wrong colour :tongue:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Something between July 1st and August 1st, I don't think we have an official release date for now tho.

Oh ok, thanks. I really hope it’s July instead of August. Waiting kills me a bit.

22 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is there a pic anywhere? :)

24 minutes ago, Tom Jurassic said:

Is there a pic anywhere? :)

Yeah, you have to go to #legoleaks and scroll for a moment, but eventually you'll find it.

Jurassic World sets have a release date of  July 6th in the US it seems according to a catalog that has the correct marvel set dates

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, you have to go to #legoleaks and scroll for a moment, but eventually you'll find it.

Thanks mate!

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Jurassic World sets have a release date of  July 6th in the US it seems according to a catalog that has the correct marvel set dates

Nice, so they’ll probably start showing up at the big box retailers by the end of June. 

5 hours ago, skelliesgang said:

Nice, so they’ll probably start showing up at the big box retailers by the end of June. 

Hope they release in the Australian shopping centres by the end of June aswell

Built Dr Wu's Lab today. Pretty decent set, it's nice to get a set that doesn't have any vehicles. Two new dinos in a small set like this is awesome. The build is basic, but ok. I didn't apply the stickers, but they are good designs (which I might not have mentioned if I didn't build The Burrow yesterday). The new amber brick is great. Overall part selection is good, and in useful colours.

The Dr. Wu fig is nice, Owen is... another Owen. Objectively the figure is good but I guess most of us have enough Owen's already. Even with a new print it feels like the same figure. 

Overall, good value for the price. I'd give it a 8/10. 

15 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Great, thanks for sharing info!

A while ago I expanded the 2018 Stygimoloch set so the lab would be bigger. I waited a while but now that I have the new lab set I finally filled in the interior. The base structure (as I already said) is a modified version of Stygimoloch Breakout with the interior being build up using parts from that set, the Lockwood Manor, the new lab set and a variety of pieces from my own parts collection. The build from the new lab set leaves a lot to be desired but I love how I've been able to use some of that stuff here. Hope you guys like it!

46 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A while ago I expanded the 2018 Stygimoloch set so the lab would be bigger. I waited a while but now that I have the new lab set I finally filled in the interior. The base structure (as I already said) is a modified version of Stygimoloch Breakout with the interior being build up using parts from that set, the Lockwood Manor, the new lab set and a variety of pieces from my own parts collection. The build from the new lab set leaves a lot to be desired but I love how I've been able to use some of that stuff here. Hope you guys like it!

That's a fantastic build, it looks really great!

I would love Lego to make builds like this, making it on a (for example) 10x10 plate would make it much more organised instead of having a mishmash of random builds.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's a fantastic build, it looks really great!

I would love Lego to make builds like this, making it on a (for example) 10x10 plate would make it much more organised instead of having a mishmash of random builds.

Thank you!

Originally I wanted to include a lot more equipment, particularly the other stuff seen in the Lockwood Manor set. I spend about an hour changing up the placement of equipment but ultimately decided to keep it relatively simple. My main objective from that point onward was finding a way to use at least the Indoraptor stuff, the incubator, the monitors from the new lab set and I wanted a big table in the middle. The end result is what you see before you, I was especially surprised at how well those 3 stickered pieces from the lab set fit together on that big computer-like build! That actually wasn't planned at all, I was just messing around testing things and ended up with that :tongue:

On 6/8/2020 at 4:05 AM, Guyon2002 said:

That looks AWESOME!!!! I love how that turned out good job :) Maybe you could add the embryo storage thing from 2018 Jurassic Park set or 2015 amber piece, either way that looks incredible, I like how it's so compact yet there's room and it looks so clean and the colours surprisingly fit well, you did an amazing job with this, keep up the great work! :)

On 6/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I have to say - this looks fantastic!!! You did great! :) I really like it how you put it together. I agree with AxolotlPlays, add embryos storage to complete your amazing masterpiece! 

9 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

That looks AWESOME!!!! I love how that turned out good job :) Maybe you could add the embryo storage thing from 2018 Jurassic Park set or 2015 amber piece, either way that looks incredible, I like how it's so compact yet there's room and it looks so clean and the colours surprisingly fit well, you did an amazing job with this, keep up the great work! :)

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have to say - this looks fantastic!!! You did great! :) I really like it how you put it together. I agree with AxolotlPlays, add embryos storage to complete your amazing masterpiece! 

Thanks to both of you. I did try to incorporate some embryo storage equipment but it didn't really work out so I removed it. I don't have any of the 2015 sets so I also don't have that amber piece but I did include the 1x1 brick version from the new sets which looks much better imo. 

Just built all four of the sets and can highly recommend all of them :thumbup: For some reason, I got a duplicate of the Gallimimus‘ jaw piece :wacko: I‘ve seen my fair share of weird extra parts over the years, but this one takes the cake :laugh: