Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

58 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Isn't that just the body Lego have used for the Indoraptor and Baryonyx? Ignoring the spikes I think that would work. 

It works for the medium-skinny dinosaurs like Indoraptor and Baryonyx but in order for it to look good on a Carnotaurus or Parasaurolophus it needs to be a lot thicker

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It works for the medium-skinny dinosaurs like Indoraptor and Baryonyx but in order for it to look good on a Carnotaurus or Parasaurolophus it needs to be a lot thicker

Yeah that's fair enough, especially for Parasaurolophus as its got such a different body shape anyway. I think maybe Lego could use it for the Allosaurus though. 

What got me thinking about that piece was its similarity to the mockups of lego mid-size dinos a user on these forums did a few years back

Lego Dinosaurs

Timelapse of the Galli set:

I really love the new Galli, Pteranodon is good too. The lab and drones are cool but the Batmobile just doesn't fit in with this theme. Might pick it up with a good discount 

I actually think the Batmobile works just fine as something likely employed at a futuristic, slightly ahead of us park like Jurassic World. It just doesn't fit the desired aesthetic (jeeps, dinos, maybe some park attractions and buildings).

23 hours ago, doclord said:

I actually think the Batmobile works just fine as something likely employed at a futuristic, slightly ahead of us park like Jurassic World. It just doesn't fit the desired aesthetic (jeeps, dinos, maybe some park attractions and buildings).

For me that is what makes it go. Too many of the Jurassic World vehicles are real world vehicles, but very weirdly out of scale and with weird proportions to fit with the size of the Dinos.

Last night, I watched Jurassic Park. There was a scene where Alan, Lex and Tim trying to avoid Gallimimus stampede. I am too excited to get one! It makes me want to purchase that set earlier than August (the possible release for USA).

Lucky enough to have got my hands on the new sets today. I'll have comprehensive reviews up on Jurassic Collectables in the week - but wanted to share a look at the 1x1 with the Mosquito as it is hands down one of the most gorgeous pieces LEGO have made for the Jurassic line. I love the lab set. The graphics feel authentic, and everything here feels incredibly detailed - and feels more tailored towards more mature fans. LEGO really knocked it out the park with this wave.

EZNuNeLXkAA15tu?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Hello, Tom Jurassic good video but the part where you look at the screen above the glass window that can be pushed over. You say it's the adult triceratops but it's a security camera that has the baby triceratops charging into it lol. Anyways doesn't matter, keep up the good work and can't wait for the Gallimimus set review that's coming out later :)

Great review, I agree about the control room look of it and I’m glad you gave a sense of how a minifig would look on the baby trike, I’ve been wanting to see it with a saddle and Lex on it. Wu’s new scared expression will be very useful but I wish Owen would’ve gotten a new expression too, nothing wrong at all with the head he has now but we we’ve seen it so many times. He needs a scared or panicked face, he gets just as terrified as everyone else in these movies.

Edited by vstat05

13 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hello, Tom Jurassic good video but the part where you look at the screen above the glass window that can be pushed over. You say it's the adult triceratops but it's a security camera that has the baby triceratops charging into it lol. Anyways doesn't matter, keep up the good work and can't wait for the Gallimimus set review that's coming out later :)

Thanks for the kind words - my bad! I thought it was a connection to the Triceratops Rampage set. They look fantastic displayed together! 

6 hours ago, vstat05 said:

Great review, I agree about the control room look of it and I’m glad you gave a sense of how a minifig would look on the baby trike, I’ve been wanting to see it with a saddle and Lex on it. Wu’s new scared expression will be very useful but I wish Owen would’ve gotten a new expression too, nothing wrong at all with the head he has now but we we’ve seen it so many times. He needs a scared or panicked face, he gets just as terrified as everyone else in these movies.

I'm in full agreement with you. I think we've got some great expressions but a new alarmed one would be really cool to get. I'm certainly planning on picking up a second Lab set to try and make a petting Zoo - excited to play with the possibilities here!

The new Sets are now available.

While the Indominus set is kinda ok at 99€ and the lab is good at 20€, the Gallimimus set costs 60€. Is it me or is that way to high, even for the standards of Lego JW?

I am taking bets on the price Amazon will start those sets with.

Edited by mon-o-mat

12 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Is it me or is that way to high, even for the standards of Lego JW?

It is, should be 50 at most (even counting both the dinosaurs and licensing)

It is definitely priced far too high IMO. The main draw of the set is the Galli - a dino you want multiples of. The build is nice but it isn't worth £55.

I just published my indepth review of this set here: 

56 minutes ago, Tom Jurassic said:

It is definitely priced far too high IMO. The main draw of the set is the Galli - a dino you want multiples of. The build is nice but it isn't worth £55.

It's definetely overpriced but not that much. The 'perfect' PPR sits around 10 cents so that would already put the set around 40 euro, add 2 dinosaurs and a license to that and I could easily see this being 50 euro. 60 is high but I wouldn't say it's 'far too high'

I'm an Australian and the sets are way more expensive:

Dr Wu's Lab: Baby Dinosaurs Breakout: $30

Gallimimus and Pteranodon Breakout: $90

Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus: $150

Velociraptor Biplane Rescue Mission: $40

Plus the two books (Lego Jurassic World build your own adventure and the one with the exclusive soldier) I will have to spend like $380 oof (At least it's cheaper than last year lol)

6 hours ago, Tom Jurassic said:

Thanks for the kind words - my bad! I thought it was a connection to the Triceratops Rampage set. They look fantastic displayed together! 

I'm in full agreement with you. I think we've got some great expressions but a new alarmed one would be really cool to get. I'm certainly planning on picking up a second Lab set to try and make a petting Zoo - excited to play with the possibilities here!

I agree the baby triceratops does look cool next to the adult and no problem for the little mistake I'm going to save Gallimimus video for later also could you do speed builds for these sets? If not that's fine but have a nice day :)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

Got the Indominus set. It’s really nice, the build is a solid addition to a park display and both Dino’sl look Nice. The Anky does suffer from a similar hollowness to recent new Dino moulds, but it’s nice nonetheless

Awesome, by the way I have a Facebook group (Lego Jurassic World Community Chat Group) and a theory I had for the set was the Gyrosphere sign having a Mosasaurus on it. I think Lego is hinting at a Mosasaurus like what they did last year with the Juvenile Dilophosaurus set hinting at this year's Indominus Rex. But I only had images and they were a bit hard to see, so can you confirm for me that it is a Mosasaurus please? Thank you if you do

Edit: Lego Mosasaurus Skeleton lol

Edited by AxolotlPlays

1 minute ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Awesome, by the way I have a Facebook group (Lego Jurassic World Community Chat Group) and a theory I had for the set was the Gyrosphere sign having a Mosasaurus on it. I think Lego is hinting at a Mosasaurus like what they did last year with the Juvenile Dilophosaurus set hinting at this year's Indominus Rex. But I only had images and they were a bit hard to see, so can you confirm for me that it is a Mosasaurus please? Thank you if you do

Edit: Lego Mosasaurus Skeleton lol

That's not a hint, it's just part of the design they did for the movie: 

Le migliori 410 immagini su natura nel 2020 | Natura, Tutorial ...

4 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Oh that sucks lol I would prefer a Lego Stegosaurus anyways, what would you want as a dinosaur Guyon2002?

Any movie dinosaur we haven't gotten yet would be great to get. But the Spino is the one I want most

Spinosaurus would be cool and a lot of people would buy that for sure but could you imagine them doing a set from like, battle at big rock or camp Cretaceous maybe that live action Jurassic world series that's coming or a lost world / jp3 set (also sorry for taking so long to respond, I was trying to get a profile picture and I have to go so I'll see reply later sorry)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

Just now, AxolotlPlays said:

Spinosaurus would be cool and a lot of people would buy that for sure but could you imagine them doing a set from like, battle at big rock or camp Cretaceous maybe that live action Jurassic world series that's coming or a lost world / jp3 set

I'd welcome sets from any movie or series, just as long as it isn't more of this made up crap (specifically the pretty useless builds). First big chance for more JP Trilogy sets would be TLW's 25th anniversary in 2022 but as we only got 1 set for JP's 25th anniversary I doubt we'll get anything for that. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd welcome sets from any movie or series, just as long as it isn't more of this made up crap (specifically the pretty useless builds). First big chance for more JP Trilogy sets would be TLW's 25th anniversary in 2022 but as we only got 1 set for JP's 25th anniversary I doubt we'll get anything for that. 

I agree, but I have to go unfortunately, have a nice day :)

@Guyon2002 - I didn't even realise the Mosa is actually on the sign in the film - thanks for pointing out a new detail to me! The Calendar in the set does feature a Brachiosaurus...but I doubt we'd ever get one sadly.

My review of the Indominus set is now live here: