Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I preordered that set, Wu's lab and a few Harry Potter sets at Het Deense Steentje. Just as a heads up: don't bother checking out this store if you're not Dutch, they don't ship internationally :wink:

Only the Indominus Rex set is based on the movies, the other sets are just made up by LEGO themselves. Though the baby Ankylosaurus in the laboratory set is Bumpy from the upcoming Camp Cretaceous Netflix series

You are sure lucky to be able to preorder With a good deal!

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think we'll ever get CC sets, Bumpy's inclusion in Wu's lab is gonna be it. Next year is going to be a JWD wave but it'll probably be pushed to 2022 so we don't really know wether or not we'll get more Jurassic sets next year (I personally highly doubt they'll rush the design process for another Jurassic wave). We'll just have to wait and see

I think JWD and CC sets could be mixed up next year? Like this wave is mixed up, one is based on the first JW movie while other sets are made up. Just a wild guess!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

17 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think JWD and CC sets could be mixed up next year? Like this wave is mixed up, one is based on the first JW movie while other sets are made up. Just a wild guess!

To me the big set of the wave feels more like ''remember the so-so 2015 wave we gave you guys? We hope this can make things right''. Next year (just assuming JWD will not get delayed, though I personally want one) will be completely focused on JWD, it's the final chapter of the franchises story with these characters. There's no room for sets like this.

In other news: producer Frank Marshall stated JWD will not be the last film in the franchise. So this could be either really good for us or really bad

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I preordered that set, Wu's lab and a few Harry Potter sets at Het Deense Steentje.

Wow, thanks so much for this advice! I’m feeling very lucky to be living in the Netherlands right now. :laugh:

Also good news regarding JWD not being the last film in the franchise, I think. More films = more moments for LEGO to turn into sets. Think of all the dinosaurs we could get...! The whole idea of dinosaurs in LEGO has appealed to me since they started with the green T-Rex. The Jurassic franchise seems to have helped it develop further and further. Fantastic! 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To me the big set of the wave feels more like ''remember the so-so 2015 wave we gave you guys? We hope this can make things right''. Next year (just assuming JWD will not get delayed, though I personally want one) will be completely focused on JWD, it's the final chapter of the franchises story with these characters. There's no room for sets like this.

In other news: producer Frank Marshall stated JWD will not be the last film in the franchise. So this could be either really good for us or really bad

He didn't say anything about movies tho, he just said something about "future stories", which could mean movies, series, books, comics, video games or whatever.

"[...] producer Frank Marshall affirmed that Jurassic World: Dominion is not being planned as the conclusion of the franchise. “It’s the start of a new era,” he said, after an effusive “no” when asked if Jurassic World 3 was being envisioned as an endpoint. “The dinosaurs are now on the mainland amongst us, and they will be for quite some time, I hope” he added, alluding to future stories set in this “new normal” world where humans have to share the globe alongside dinosaurs".

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He didn't say anything about movies tho, he just said something about "future stories", which could mean movies, series, books, comics, video games or whatever.

"[...] producer Frank Marshall affirmed that Jurassic World: Dominion is not being planned as the conclusion of the franchise. “It’s the start of a new era,” he said, after an effusive “no” when asked if Jurassic World 3 was being envisioned as an endpoint. “The dinosaurs are now on the mainland amongst us, and they will be for quite some time, I hope” he added, alluding to future stories set in this “new normal” world where humans have to share the globe alongside dinosaurs".

Trevorrow has been hinting at possible movies after JWD for a while. And Frank Marshall is a producer, he doesn't have anything to do with books, comics, games etc. 

On the US site these sets just say “coming soon”. Remind me, when are they coming out? Without being able to get HP sets until August it would be nice to have some sets to get in June

Seeing that video of the Indominus set makes me much more excited for the set. The silver print is especially beautiful :wub:

29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

On the US site these sets just say “coming soon”. Remind me, when are they coming out? Without being able to get HP sets until August it would be nice to have some sets to get in June

I believe it should be July or August while the sets are released in Europe in June. So right now, I don’t know the release date. 

53 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The European releasedate is June. It's really starting to look like another August release for the US

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The European releasedate is June. It's really starting to look like another August release for the US

Damn.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:54 AM, ToaDraco said:

Wow, I was NOT expecting the Ankylosaurus to have as many pieces as it does but that's a good thing. This new construction is going to be fantastically useful for new dinos in the future. The tail is more loose than I would like and I kinda wish it had swinging mechanic with a rubber band inside to be able to pull it to one side and release. The underside of the head is really hollow but it's not going to be noticeable from most angles. The set overall looks amazing and they did an amazing job with the Ankylosaurus!The Indominus looks really good with that silver printing too. 

At least the tail is posable. I first feared that the wholeDinowould be one piece of plastic. I think the Dinos that still need to be done are Stegosaurus and a Sauropod. Plus I wish that they would redo the Raptors to the size of the last Dilo.

But all those new Dinos make this wave really good, especially that they come in relativley good sets. (Why couldn't the large Dilo come with something better than 40cm of fence for 50€?)

21 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

At least the tail is posable. I first feared that the wholeDinowould be one piece of plastic. I think the Dinos that still need to be done are Stegosaurus and a Sauropod. Plus I wish that they would redo the Raptors to the size of the last Dilo.

But all those new Dinos make this wave really good, especially that they come in relativley good sets. (Why couldn't the large Dilo come with something better than 40cm of fence for 50€?)

Don't forget Spinosaurus, I want this one so badly. But I agree, I hope we get a Stegosaurus and for example Apatosaurus, we also really need these ones.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:06 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't forget Spinosaurus, I want this one so badly. But I agree, I hope we get a Stegosaurus and for example Apatosaurus, we also really need these ones.

Spinosaurs, Stegosaurus, Apatosaurus, Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and some new flyers are on my wish list for future Jurassic World sets!

42 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Spinosaurs, Stegosaurus, Apatosaurus, Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and some new flyers are on my wish list for future Jurassic World sets!

I'm not sure if he even appeared in Jurassic movie but I'd LOVE to get a Concavenator, he would make such a good figure. Apart from that I need Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus would also be really nice.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not sure if he even appeared in Jurassic movie but I'd LOVE to get a Concavenator, he would make such a good figure. Apart from that I need Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus would also be really nice.

The Concavenator only appeared in Jurassic World: The Game so I'd say it's chances of appearing in this theme are nonexistent.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Concavenator only appeared in Jurassic World: The Game so I'd say it's chances of appearing in this theme are nonexistent.

He also appeared in Jurassic World: Alive, but yeah, chances of getting him are around 0.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:24 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if a Para would work by putting a new head on the Raptor-body

5 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Am I the only one, that kinda dislikes how most details of Wu's Lab are made of stickers?

Prints are pretty rare tbh. People like stickers much less, but it's cheaper for them so they will stay.

1 hour ago, mon-o-mat said:

I wonder if a Para would work by putting a new head on the Raptor-body

No, that definetely needs a new larger body mold

57 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Prints are pretty rare tbh. People like stickers much less, but it's cheaper for them so they will stay.

I don't dislike stickers as much as other people, but what's worng with the lab in my eyes is, that basically the complete backside of the set is completly defined by them.

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well, I also wouldn't say no to a larger bipedal body, that could be used for mid-large Carnivores (Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus, better sized Carnotaurus) or even some fabulous duck-lizards.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

6 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Well, I also wouldn't say no to a larger bipedal body, that could be used for mid-large Carnivores (Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus, better sized Carnotaurus) or even some fabulous duck-lizards.

I’d love to see Para can have different walking poses (walking on two feet or on four feet) which it would be cool to have it in LEGO version. And I agre  with you on better sized Carnotaurus. I’d like to see duck-billed dinosaurs too. 

51 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’d love to see Para can have different walking poses (walking on two feet or on four feet) which it would be cool to have it in LEGO version. And I agre  with you on better sized Carnotaurus. I’d like to see duck-billed dinosaurs too. 

I'd also love to see a better Carnotaurus head or at least with better printing. I want to like the existing one but it's just so darn derpy looking that it completely ruins it.

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I'd also love to see a better Carnotaurus head or at least with better printing. I want to like the existing one but it's just so darn derpy looking that it completely ruins it.

The head isn't the biggest problem, it looked a bit weird in pictures but IRL it's pretty good imo. My main gripe with the Carno is the fact it's just so damn big, should've been smaller

15 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Isn't that just the body Lego have used for the Indoraptor and Baryonyx? Ignoring the spikes I think that would work.