Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Make sense, thanks! Speaking of baby realtors, there is Baby Velociraptor Playpen on Lego shop now. 

That's nothing special, it's a 2 year old polybag that was pretty easy to get

With the help of @Guyon2002 ❤️, I made a quick photoshop of the new claire with TLNM's Sensei Wu skirt inverted and put on backwards (you do still see a faint outline of the black line though) and Wizarding World's CMF Queenie legs to get a Claire with a skirt and high heel printing. I personally love it myself and will definitely use her like that :wub:

b15aqKg.pngiXKoVM2.pngwA9FGlw.png(side view of the shoes, don't worry, the skirt covers up all blue parts)

Edited by Puresh

3 hours ago, Puresh said:

With the help of @Guyon2002 ❤️, I made a quick photoshop of the new claire with TLNM's Sensei Wu skirt inverted and put on backwards (you do still see a faint outline of the black line though) and Wizarding World's CMF Queenie legs to get a Claire with a skirt and high heel printing. I personally love it myself and will definitely use her like that :wub:

I really like it too, not perfect but at least better than plain white legs

I just noticed that we now have two waves of Jurassic World where every single set contains Owen Grady. Seriously Lego?

5 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

I just noticed that we now have two waves of Jurassic World where every single set contains Owen Grady. Seriously Lego?

At least we got 2 new versions of him

4 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Well, they‘re still compensating for the very first wave, where Owen was included in one set only :tongue:

Personally, I don‘t mind. The true stars of these sets are the dinosaurs :laugh: 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, they‘re still compensating for the very first wave, where Owen was included in one set only :tongue:

Personally, I don‘t mind. The true stars of these sets are the dinosaurs :laugh: 

Agreed. Frankly, this is the one theme in which I couldn't possibly care less about what figures are included. For me it's about the dinos and the builds. If the figures have useful parts it's a bonus. That's kinda how I felt about the LEGO JW game too, I wish they had focused on more playable dinos and fewer minifigs. It's not terribly exciting unlocking generic nameless background character #3 or the ones that are made up to fill roster space but considering it's a franchise with like 10 characters I can understand the dilemma. 

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Agreed. Frankly, this is the one theme in which I couldn't possibly care less about what figures are included. For me it's about the dinos and the builds. If the figures have useful parts it's a bonus. That's kinda how I felt about the LEGO JW game too, I wish they had focused on more playable dinos and fewer minifigs. It's not terribly exciting unlocking generic nameless background character #3 or the ones that are made up to fill roster space but considering it's a franchise with like 10 characters I can understand the dilemma. 

To me at least, the figures are equally as important as the dinosaurs, the films are not generic action blockbusters that are just about the dinosaurs ala Transformers, they mainly focus on the character - the dinosaurs are just a tool to drive the story

On 5/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, Puresh said:

To me at least, the figures are equally as important as the dinosaurs, the films are not generic action blockbusters that are just about the dinosaurs ala Transformers, they mainly focus on the character - the dinosaurs are just a tool to drive the story

I couldn't care less for the characters from JW. And Owen is really boring and generic character for modern blockbusters. Bith ways, I don't need him a dozen times. (This comment is written by the owner of at least dozend Johnny Thunders)

I used previous Owen minifigs in CITY theme builds. But the new one ... not so ... because of the ammo belt across the chest.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:37 PM, mon-o-mat said:

I couldn't care less for the characters from JW. And Owen is really boring and generic character for modern blockbusters. Bith ways, I don't need him a dozen times. (This comment is written by the owner of at least dozend Johnny Thunders)

I agree. I don’t want to get Owen multi times if I buy some sets. I would find it annoying to see many Owens. I am leaning on dinosaurs all the way. I am okay with some dinosaurs coming in different colors, for example, pteranodon comes in new color this year. 

Will Jurassic World sets be released in June in Europe and in August in North America, right? 

26 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will Jurassic World sets be released in June in Europe and in August in North America, right? 

The sets definetely have a june release in Europe as I've already preordered them, we haven't heard anything about the US having a later release but it's still possible :def_shrug:

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The sets definetely have a june release in Europe as I've already preordered them, we haven't heard anything about the US having a later release but it's still possible :def_shrug:

Ah ok, thanks! I sure hope it would be released in July in US but we will see. 

Damn, the Indominus looks so much better in person with the silver printing. Claire also looks like a snack, I might have to give her the Joyce treatment :wub:

Overall this has to be one of the best Jurassic sets to date, I love it!

This is definitely my favourite Jurassic World set, like, ever. It's so amazing. If I find it on a big discount I might even get it (I rarely buy big sets).

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is definitely my favourite Jurassic World set, like, ever. It's so amazing. If I find it on a big discount I might even get it (I rarely buy big sets).

I was pretty mad when I found out it had a 110 euro pricetag here, luckily I was able to preorder it for 84,25 euro so that's already a great deal

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was pretty mad when I found out it had a 110 euro pricetag here, luckily I was able to preorder it for 84,25 euro so that's already a great deal

That's a really good deal for a set that hasn't even been released yet!

The way that Ankylosaurus is built makes me think it would be easy for Lego to make a Stegasaurus in the future reusing some of those pieces - especially since that new body piece has a swinging tail.

I suspected the build for the Ankylosaurus might be more involved than the other dinosaurs when I saw the tail in early images, now I'm wondering what MOC potential these new pieces have.

I'm really looking forward to picking this set up.

I saw an image from the Camp Cretaceous series today, and it prominently featured a Carnotaurus. I know there aren't any sets based on the series that we know of yet, but if Lego releases some in the future then it would be nice to get another carnotaur, although would it be too wishful to hope for it to be the size of the Baryonyx this time? I mean, if they ever make sets from this series of course. It does look to be a prominent "character", though. It has a name and a distinct scar and everything.

Wow, I was NOT expecting the Ankylosaurus to have as many pieces as it does but that's a good thing. This new construction is going to be fantastically useful for new dinos in the future. The tail is more loose than I would like and I kinda wish it had swinging mechanic with a rubber band inside to be able to pull it to one side and release. The underside of the head is really hollow but it's not going to be noticeable from most angles. The set overall looks amazing and they did an amazing job with the Ankylosaurus!The Indominus looks really good with that silver printing too. 

8 hours ago, Rocketbilly said:

I saw an image from the Camp Cretaceous series today, and it prominently featured a Carnotaurus. I know there aren't any sets based on the series that we know of yet, but if Lego releases some in the future then it would be nice to get another carnotaur, although would it be too wishful to hope for it to be the size of the Baryonyx this time? I mean, if they ever make sets from this series of course. It does look to be a prominent "character", though. It has a name and a distinct scar and everything.

I don't think we'll ever get CC sets, Bumpy's inclusion in Wu's lab is gonna be it. Next year is going to be a JWD wave but it'll probably be pushed to 2022 so we don't really know wether or not we'll get more Jurassic sets next year (I personally highly doubt they'll rush the design process for another Jurassic wave). We'll just have to wait and see

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

(...) I was able to preorder it for 84,25 euro so that's already a great deal

Wow! You’re in the Netherlands, aren’t you? Is that deal still available somewhere? 

I love that there are now other baby dinosaurs than raptors. Both the new plant-eating dinosaur infants are cute as anything! 

The Gyrosphere station is such a wonderful addition to a proper park... Seeing that we’re going to get this one, made me buy the Triceratops set from last year. Now I’m really hoping they’re gonna do more of these type of sets. 

49 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Wow! You’re in the Netherlands, aren’t you? Is that deal still available somewhere? 

I love that there are now other baby dinosaurs than raptors. Both the new plant-eating dinosaur infants are cute as anything! 

The Gyrosphere station is such a wonderful addition to a proper park... Seeing that we’re going to get this one, made me buy the Triceratops set from last year. Now I’m really hoping they’re gonna do more of these type of sets. 

Ya, that set has convinced me I want to make a park as well. I didn't get the Triceratops set from last year but I did get the Triceratops off bricklink as well as the T-Rex transport set from 2 years ago.

Definitely gonna be getting the Indominus Rex vs. Ankylosaurus set. The missus got the original 2015 Indominus, but I think this one looks sooooo much better. The Ankylosaurus looks pretty awesome as well and I remember she was the first one to put up any kind of fight against Indominus in the film. The main build looks good as well. Still, it's interesting that this is almost a remake of a previous JW set and is based on the first film. Everything else is based on the cartoon, right?

1 hour ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

I preordered that set, Wu's lab and a few Harry Potter sets at Het Deense Steentje. Just as a heads up: don't bother checking out this store if you're not Dutch, they don't ship internationally :wink:

https://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/category/voorverkoop/

4 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Definitely gonna be getting the Indominus Rex vs. Ankylosaurus set. The missus got the original 2015 Indominus, but I think this one looks sooooo much better. The Ankylosaurus looks pretty awesome as well and I remember she was the first one to put up any kind of fight against Indominus in the film. The main build looks good as well. Still, it's interesting that this is almost a remake of a previous JW set and is based on the first film. Everything else is based on the cartoon, right?

Only the Indominus Rex set is based on the movies, the other sets are just made up by LEGO themselves. Though the baby Ankylosaurus in the laboratory set is Bumpy from the upcoming Camp Cretaceous Netflix series

Edited by Guyon2002