Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Owen just leaked. It looks really good! I love the fresh colours instead of another brown jacket and blue-ish shirt. The canisters are also a nice detail.

Edit: ninja'd

13 minutes ago, wanderer1980 said:

cant find a picture of the leak (baby ankylo) ....

If you go on the #legoleaks tab on instagram you'll have to scroll down quite a bit to find it. It's past all the pictures of the new clone trooper and wonder woman set :classic:

38 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It's past all the pictures of the new clone trooper and wonder woman set :classic:

The amount of new ''leakers'' popping up looking for their 5 seconds of fame by reposting stuff is really getting out of hand the last few weeks

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The amount of new ''leakers'' popping up looking for their 5 seconds of fame by reposting stuff is really getting out of hand the last few weeks

At least beacuse of that, if some of the leaks get taken down, we will still be able to find them. What's much worse is people using #legoleaks when posting custom minfigs, MOCs or memes.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

At least beacuse of that, if some of the leaks get taken down, we will still be able to find them. What's much worse is people using #legoleaks when posting custom minfigs, MOCs or memes.

True, back when this all started I would just put on a YouTube video or a movie I'd already seen and go on a ''blocking spree''. But nowadays there are just too many of them to be able to block all of them and their crap, 90% of them don't even make good looking figures/MOCs

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

True, back when this all started I would just put on a YouTube video or a movie I'd already seen and go on a ''blocking spree''. But nowadays there are just too many of them to be able to block all of them and their crap, 90% of them don't even make good looking figures/MOCs

I tried to block those people, and I probably blocked like 1% of them. I honestly don't mind if people use it to show really good MOCs, but 95% of those MOCs are crap.

Hm, that Owen doesn't seem to be based on the 2015 Jurassic World as many suspected though. Maybe all the sets apart from the big one are based on LoIN again? I haven't watched it myself, but I heard there's a possibility of another season. Another theory I have is that they replaced the ammo belt he has in the film with narcotic viles to make it more child friendly - they also gave Masrani a huge Jurassic World logo on the back of his suit in the 2015 wave, wouldn't be the first time they did something like that

It would be absolutely fantastic if Dr Wu's laboratory from the smallest set has the same look and feel as his lab in the Stygimoloch Breakout set to serve as some kind of add-on to that set

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would be absolutely fantastic if Dr Wu's laboratory from the smallest set has the same look and feel as his lab in the Stygimoloch Breakout set to serve as some kind of add-on to that set

I would actually like it not have a fence (big "cage" for dinos). I'd rather have a big laboratory with some cool accessories and lots of eggs. Well, for a 20€ set with two new exclusive dinosaur moulds the build can't be really big nor detailed.

I would actually like it not have a fence (big "cage" for dinos). I'd rather have a big laboratory with some cool accessories and lots of eggs. Well, for a 20€ set with two new exclusive dinosaur moulds the build can't be really big nor detailed.

I didn't mean the fence, I meant I would really like the laboratory (the main/only build) to share the style of Wu's lab in the Stygi set. Same style of equipment, same colorscheme etc

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I didn't mean the fence, I meant I would really like the laboratory (the main/only build) to share the style of Wu's lab in the Stygi set. Same style of equipment, same colorscheme etc

Ah okay that makes more sense. That would be really cool, but they'll probably do something different as one is based on Fallen Kingdom and the other one on (probably) Legend of Isla Nublar.

Ah okay that makes more sense. That would be really cool, but they'll probably do something different as one is based on Fallen Kingdom and the other one on (probably) Legend of Isla Nublar.

That's what I'm curious about. Everything sounds to be based off LoIN, except the biggest set. That sounds like it's pulled straight out of the first Jurassic World. Maybe it's just that one set to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the film?

Probably, though I'll combine the 2 into one build regardless of what it looks like :tongue:

Just now, Puresh said:

That's what I'm curious about. Everything sounds to be based off LoIN, except the biggest set. That sounds like it's pulled straight out of the first Jurassic World. Maybe it's just that one set to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the film?

I'm not entirely caught up with LoIN but as far as I know the Ankylosaurus (both baby and adult), baby Trike and Gallimimus don't appear in any of the episodes. Just the Sinoceratops and the dino's we've already seen in The Indominus Escape

EDIT: and the Mosasaurus and Allosaurus ofc

Edited by Guyon2002

I think Universal just allowed to make sets based on whatever they want. I don't think they will based on Legend of Isla Nublar, as Owen's new costume and some of the dinosaurs do not appear in the series. I think this is the first Jurassic World wave where they gave them full creative freedom, so they chose to make 3 custom sets and one 2015 Jurassic World set.

I think this is the first Jurassic World wave where they gave them full creative freedom, so they chose to make 3 custom sets and one 2015 Jurassic World set.

Which is good because it sounds like this might be one of the best waves yet. The 2015 and 2018 waves were a mixed bunch with both really great and really bad sets, 2019 was pretty good but just not for me and I'm liking pretty much everything we've heard so far about the new wave (except for the 4+ set). Now if only this ''creative freedom'' allows them to include people like Lowery, Vivian and Zara.... (though I'd prefer to get Vivian and Zara because Lowery will most likely appear in one of the Dominion sets)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Which is good because it sounds like this might be one of the best waves yet. The 2015 and 2018 waves were a mixed bunch with both really great and really bad sets, 2019 was pretty good but just not for me and I'm liking pretty much everything we've heard so far about the new wave (except for the 4+ set). Now if only this ''creative freedom'' allows them to include people like Lowery, Vivian and Zara.... (though I'd prefer to get Vivian and Zara because Lowery will most likely appear in one of the Dominion sets)

That wave definitely sounds like the best one yet. Just four sets but 4 new dinos, that's pretty amazing. 

2015 sets were pretty repetitive. Throw in a Jurassic World (I mean the park itself) vehicle and/or cage for dino, a dinosaur (pteranodon, raptor sized or T-Rex sized) and an exclusive minifigure and you've got yourself a set. They were a pretty nice start tho.

2018 sets were much more diversive and unique, with 3 new dinos. What I didn't like was that unlike the 2015 wave where there was no repeat of minifg, this wave we got like 4 Owens, 2 Claires and 2 Weathleys.

2019 was also great. Cute small set with new Dilo, a set with Baryonyx (didn't like the builds tho), a really good set with Triceratops and a wierd set with T-Rex and a dino mech (I bet kids loved that one).

So yeah, for now from what the sets SOUND like, I'd go with: 2018 > 2020 > 2019 > 2015. If there wasn't this 4+ set and instead of it a regular set, 2020 would probably be the best one.

Theres also now a German list of set names with Blue in the title of the 4+ set. If that’s right i hope she’s gray like her new baby figure this time.

18 minutes ago, vstat05 said:

Theres also now a German list of set names with Blue in the title of the 4+ set. If that’s right i hope she’s gray like her new baby figure this time.

What's the website? 

4 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

What's the website? 

Originally saw it on instagram, but I found it on stonewars by googling 75942 Jagd auf Blue. Hunt for Blue, looks like the info’s been out since February 6.

33 minutes ago, vstat05 said:

I hope it's the old FK version and we'll get her with the updated colorscheme with next years Dominion sets

9 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

What's the website? 

Stonewars

Just now, vstat05 said:

Originally saw it on instagram, but I found it on stonewars by googling 75942 Jagd auf Blue. Hunt for Blue, looks like the info’s been out since February 6.

They definetely changed it later because we only knew it included an adult and baby raptor

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wonder if they'll update her colour scheme (again) or reuse the 2018 one.

I'd say we're getting a new version soon considering they finally found the perfect colorscheme with last years' baby Blue. Though it's pretty stupid how it took them 4 years and 4 different versions to get it right. Though I personally hope they keep the FK version for this wave and put the new version in the Dominion sets so I don't have to buy the 4+ set. 

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say we're getting a new version soon considering they finally found the perfect colorscheme with last years' baby Blue. Though it's pretty stupid how it took them 4 years and 4 different versions to get it right. Though I personally hope they keep the FK version for this wave and put the new version in the Dominion sets so I don't have to buy the 4+ set. 

I hope Dominion doesn't get pushed back, it would probably mean no sets in 2021.

As for Blue, if they would choose last year's colour scheme it would probably have dark grey body and upper head with light grey jaw, hands and legs, plus a dark blue streak and some detailing. If that's the case, I hope it looks good with a lot of small detailing, as grey is pretty plain looking.

Looking at her colour scheme I would just make her all dark grey with lots of small light grey detailing all over the body. It's the most accurate option.