Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Anak said:

Is there something new in it, by the look of it?

Nothing new, just a small build made up from a few common pieces for anyone who buys the magazine

Info on the new Owen figure:

- Same head and hair as the last few figures

- Torso similair to the Bricktober pack but no arm printing

- Bag printed on the torso

As you all know the Netflix show Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous is coming out later this year in august. Reportedly the show will have a ''mascot'' of sorts: a baby Ankylosaurus named Bumpy. The picture below is Bumpy's Mattel toy, so do you guys think the baby Ankolysaurus in the small lab set will be Bumpy or just a generic baby? The next wave might even be loosely tied in to Camp Cretaceous, as the series' events will unfold during the Indominus Rex outbreak.

310?cb=20200222105715

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As you all know the Netflix show Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous is coming out later this year in august. Reportedly the show will have a ''mascot'' of sorts: a baby Ankylosaurus named Bumpy. The picture below is Bumpy's Mattel toy, so do you guys think the baby Ankolysaurus in the small lab set will be Bumpy or just a generic baby? The next wave might even be loosely tied in to Camp Cretaceous, as the series' events will unfold during the Indominus Rex outbreak.

The set includes Owen and Dr. Wu, so I don't think it's Camp Cretaceous based.

All of the sets include characters like Owen, Claire, Zach, Grey or Dr. Wu, so the sets are based on Jurassic World (2015) and their own stuff (could be this Lego show).

42 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The set includes Owen and Dr. Wu, so I don't think it's Camp Cretaceous based.

All of the sets include characters like Owen, Claire, Zach, Grey or Dr. Wu, so the sets are based on Jurassic World (2015) and their own stuff (could be this Lego show).

I meant it could be loosely tied into the show as it takes place during the first Jurassic World movie. The inclusion of Bumpy in the small lab set could be a small connection to the show

I've just looked online and it looks like there's no source material for a baby Ankylosaurus from the films or games so I wouldn't be surprised if this Bumpy is included as a bit of cross-promotion. It looks very cute and I like it's colour scheme so hopefully it will be!

Recently I have watched Jurassic Park and Fallen Kingdom, and when I looked at the raptor figure and compared it to a minifigure it's definitely too big. It's 2x bigger than it should be. I hope they fix that with this year's sets or Dominion 2021 sets.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Recently I have watched Jurassic Park and Fallen Kingdom, and when I looked at the raptor figure and compared it to a minifigure it's definitely too big. It's 2x bigger than it should be. I hope they fix that with this year's sets or Dominion 2021 sets.

I'm kinda undecided on it. On one hand the current raptor is definetely too big and something similair to last year's Dilophosaurus would be much more accurate. But on the other hand the size of that Dilo doesn't allow it to move anything (except for the lower jaw) so in the end I personally kinda prefer large and poseable over small and static. 

As for changing it I doubt it'll happen this or next year. The only Raptor we're getting this year comes in a 4+ set and we know those sets only come with reuses or recolors of dinosaurs. Next year is possible, but assuming Blue is still the only Raptor I doubt LEGO will want to give up the poseability she would have. 

I just finished my Jurassic marathon and oh boy, I want Lego Spinosaurus SO MUCH. It's probably my favourite dino of all time, and getting it in Lego would be a dream come true. Let's hope he appears in Jurassic World: Dominion, or at least that we get a set based on Jurassic Park III.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I just finished my Jurassic marathon and oh boy, I want Lego Spinosaurus SO MUCH. It's probably my favourite dino of all time, and getting it in Lego would be a dream come true. Let's hope he appears in Jurassic World: Dominion, or at least that we get a set based on Jurassic Park III.

We were almost able to get it in the Fallen Kingdom wave. Many people don't know this but the scene where Owen, Claire and Franklin are running from the stampede after Mt. Sibo erupts was originally supposed to feature a battle between Rexy/Roberta and the JPIII Spinosaurus but it was cut. 

New Concept Art Shows Alternative Opening, Second Indoraptor, the ...

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

We were almost able to get it in the Fallen Kingdom wave. Many people don't know this but the scene where Owen, Claire and Franklin are running from the stampede after Mt. Sibo erupts was originally supposed to feature a battle between Rexy/Roberta and the JPIII Spinosaurus but it was cut. 

Oh I actually watched a video about it earlier! This would have been really cool. I also watched "Which dinosaur would you want to see in JW Dominion", and 90% of the answers was Spinosaurus. I also heard that the toy they released, JW Legacy Spinosaurus figure sold extremely well. And the fact that they almost brought him back for Fallen Kingdom gives us hope. If they don't bring him back we riot.

On the side note, I also noticed that Dilophosaurus only appeared in Jurassic Park (also as a hologram in Jurassic World). That's really weird, as we got him in 2015 Jurassic World sets and then again in 2018 Fallen Kingdom sets (also in 2019 sets, which are not based on the movie tho).

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh I actually watched a video about it earlier! This would have been really cool. I also watched "Which dinosaur would you want to see in JW Dominion", and 90% of the answers was Spinosaurus. I also heard that the toy they released, JW Legacy Spinosaurus figure sold extremely well. And the fact that they almost brought him back for Fallen Kingdom gives us hope. If they don't bring him back we riot.

On the side note, I also noticed that Dilophosaurus only appeared in Jurassic Park (also as a hologram in Jurassic World). That's really weird, as we got him in 2015 Jurassic World sets and then again in 2018 Fallen Kingdom sets (also in 2019 sets, which are not based on the movie tho).

I'm pretty sure a Spinosaurus was among the group of dinosaurs escaping Lockwood Estate in one of FK's coloring books so there's a good chance to see her in Dominion, don't quote me on that though. Dilophosaurus was probably just included because it's a one of those dinosaurs that's immediately associated with Jurassic Park.

But if you want to catch up on some lore etc I really recommend watching Klayton Fioriti's videos and reading the Evolution of Claire book, great stuff!

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure a Spinosaurus was among the group of dinosaurs escaping Lockwood Estate in one of FK's coloring books so there's a good chance to see her in Dominion, don't quote me on that though. Dilophosaurus was probably just included because it's a one of those dinosaurs that's immediately associated with Jurassic Park.

But if you want to catch up on some lore etc I really recommend watching Klayton Fioriti's videos and reading the Evolution of Claire book, great stuff!

Yesterday I found Klayton's channel and YouTube and I've watching him all day since :laugh_hard:

Baby Ankylosaurus leaked and it's awesome! It looks a lot like Bumpy but a bit darker on the greenish blue so I guess I was right :wink:

EDIT: ninja'd

Edited by Guyon2002

This looks really nice. Not a huge fan of colour choice, but it still looks really good. I found a picture with him compared with a Friends panda and manta ray from City sets, and it's only a little bigger than the panda! 

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This looks really nice. Not a huge fan of colour choice, but it still looks really good. I found a picture with him compared with a Friends panda and manta ray from City sets, and it's only a little bigger than the panda! 

I was also surprised at how small it actually is :laugh: Now I wish we’d get more than one :grin:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I was also surprised at how small it actually is :laugh: Now I wish we’d get more than one :grin:

I'm just happy we'll be able to get the baby anky and trike for such a low price. Fairly priced Jurassic World sets aren't exactly a common thing

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm just happy we'll be able to get the baby anky and trike for such a low price. Fairly priced Jurassic World sets aren't exactly a common thing

Getting two unique dinosaurs in one small set is amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing the adult ankylosaurus now.

Also looking at the two baby dinosaurs together it's interesting how they have similar colour schemes with tan on the bottom and green on the top, even though they're different shades. Also how the anky has just one stud on top whereas the trike has a two stud hole like lego horses. 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Getting two unique dinosaurs in one small set is amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing the adult ankylosaurus now.

Also looking at the two baby dinosaurs together it's interesting how they have similar colour schemes with tan on the bottom and green on the top, even though they're different shades. Also how the anky has just one stud on top whereas the trike has a two stud hole like lego horses. 

It's probably just a case of the Trike being made with the Petting Zoo in mind and the Anky not, considering we've never seen a baby Ankylosaurus in the first place (except for Bumpy now)

I really wanna see big Ankylosaurus now. I am also wondering, are they gonna make a new version of Indominus, or are they gonna reuse the old one? I think it would look much better in light grey with white details, not the other way round.

Completely off-topic but does anyone here know of a faceprint that resembles Mills? I really despise that figure and need something much more accurate, his ''default form'' isn't even close to being recognisable.

52 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really wanna see big Ankylosaurus now. I am also wondering, are they gonna make a new version of Indominus, or are they gonna reuse the old one? I think it would look much better in light grey with white details, not the other way round.

I'd imagine the Ankylosaurus looks like it did in the videogame:

LEGO Jurassic World - Jurassic Park 3 Hub 100% Guide #2 ...

As for the Indominus it was confirmed to be the same mold but other than that we don't know anything. But (light) grey would definetely look much more accurate than white

I can’t wait to see how the adult Ankylosaurus looks, cause I’m loving these babies. Just the herbivore presence after all these years gives me hope an apatosaurus or brachiosaurus is next.

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Completely off-topic but does anyone here know of a faceprint that resembles Mills? I really despise that figure and need something much more accurate, his ''default form'' isn't even close to being recognisable.

Dastan head works pretty good especially on the Joachim low torso here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143239274@N03/49507102233/in/dateposted-public/
Maybe the old Owen head for a less rare option? I’m not sure if that one looked like Pratt in the first place.

4 hours ago, vstat05 said:

Dastan head works pretty good especially on the Joachim low torso here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143239274@N03/49507102233/in/dateposted-public/
Maybe the old Owen head for a less rare option? I’m not sure if that one looked like Pratt in the first place.

That looks a 1000 times better than the official figure, thanks for sharing!

EDIT: also wanted to quickly say I browsed through your photos for a bit and I really love what you've done with the Lockwood Manor and JP sets

Edited by Guyon2002

Ankylosaurus was always my favorite herbivore so I'm very excited by the baby Ankylosaurus mold! I'm glad it comes in the same set as the baby Triceratops too. Now I really need a full-grown Ankylosaurus!