Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, ZordrakLordofknightmares said:

its still unfortunate that theres still no mosasaurus yet considering how popular it is

It's unfortunate but I'm not too sad because the amount of new dinosaur molds in the new wave is amazing

46 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Did you guys see that picture on istagram with allosaurus?

Yep, but it's the same Allosaurus from the Legend of Isla Nublar poster we saw a few months back. It's just a dinosaur that appears in the show, not one we'll actually be getting. At least not this year, unless there is a store exclusive but I doubt that

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yep, but it's the same Allosaurus from the Legend of Isla Nublar poster we saw a few months back. It's just a dinosaur that appears in the show, not one we'll actually be getting. At least not this year, unless there is a store exclusive but I doubt that

That's a shame :sceptic: Allosaurus is my fav dino.

12 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

That's a shame :sceptic: Allosaurus is my fav dino.

Allosaurus is also one of my favourites, ever since the Diplodocus episode of Walking with Dinosaurs. If that or a Spinosaurus are ever in a set I would have to get it aha. 

29 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Allosaurus is also one of my favourites, ever since the Diplodocus episode of Walking with Dinosaurs. If that or a Spinosaurus are ever in a set I would have to get it aha. 

Spinosaurus is a lot more likely imo

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Same here,a Spinosaurus set is a must buy.

Bryce Dallas Howard (actress who portrays Claire) posted a picture of herself with a new hairstyle for Claire in JW3. If this is what she looks like I think/hope lego would either make a new hairpiece or recolor Hermione's hair in the same ginger color as the other Claire figures. Though that would all happen next year ofcourse :wink:

I still hope that the rumors are misleading because it would be so annoying to release the Indominus Rex again. There are so many important dinosaurs we're missing like the Brachiosaurus, Mosasaurs, and Spinosaurus. They seem to repeat certain sets every year such as Pretadon and Velociraptor chase. Putting the same version of Blue in two sets during the Fallen Kingdom wave was just ridiculous and this year sounds as if it is going to be worse.

5 hours ago, wanderer1980 said:

when can we count on the first pictures of the sets?

greetings

Probably around late april, early may

1 hour ago, HarryPotter27 said:

I still hope that the rumors are misleading because it would be so annoying to release the Indominus Rex again. There are so many important dinosaurs we're missing like the Brachiosaurus, Mosasaurs, and Spinosaurus. They seem to repeat certain sets every year such as Pretadon and Velociraptor chase. Putting the same version of Blue in two sets during the Fallen Kingdom wave was just ridiculous and this year sounds as if it is going to be worse.

They come from reliable sources so something really weird must've happened if all of them have posted fake news. 

But I definetely disagree with you. All of the sets come with new dinosaurmolds we haven't gotten before (I don't count the 4+ set because, well... it's 4+). The baby Trike and Ankylosaurus are new, the Gallimimus is new, the adult Ankylosaurus is new and (if the rumors are true) the old I-Rex returns with a more accurate colorscheme. And rereleasing the I-Rex is far from annoying as tons of people (including me) missed out on the 2015 set, which is now ridiculously expensive.

Besides that they also have a limited budget, and JW is far from being one of the top-selling themes

12 hours ago, HarryPotter27 said:

I’m with you there I think HP, at least in that the I-Rex doesn’t really interest me. I was hoping for a Mosasaurus too as I thought it would tie in nicely with the last two movies and the tv series from last year. Oh well, maybe next year.

The Ankylosaurus sounds cool but as it’s coming with the Indominus in an expensive set I think that will be a pass from me.

Hopefully these sets are in display at the NY Toy fair this weekend.

The sets don't seem to be as well thought as some other waves such as Harry Potter. In the Harry Potter theme, we can clearly see how all sets fit together although they are all great standalone sets. Building your own Jurassic Park with those sets seems like a mirage because designers seem to have a new strange idea for each set. The 2015 wave was superior to the others because it came with two full-size cages, different minifig characters in all sets (not just an endless repetition of Owen and Claire) and some of the sets had some sort of movie accuracy (without the one with T-Rex). An Ankylosaurus sounds great but it should have been in separate sets because many people already have the Indominus Rex (which was definitely the best JW set). Also, two big dinosaurs sounds like a terrible piece to price ratio and a really small and insignificant build. We still miss great builds such as a visitor center and a Mosasaurus stage. 

They do seem to jump around a bit I guess. I quite liked last years sets although I only ended up getting the Triceratops one.

I believe the 2020 sets are based on an upcoming Netflix show? Then I suppose next years sets will be based on the new JW3 movie.  

Anyway, I agree the Ankylosaurus and Indominus in the same set is going to make it awfully expensive if you’re only interested in getting the Anky.

1 hour ago, Paulie_D said:

I believe the 2020 sets are based on an upcoming Netflix show? Then I suppose next years sets will be based on the new JW3 movie.  

That was a false rumor. The sets are loosely based on the first movie and LoIN

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Director Colin Trevorrow has officially revealed the title for 2021's third Jurassic World film...

It's not the best title but definetely not the worst, I personally really liked Jurassic World: New Era

I do like the vehicle designs in these sets, hoping for some new whacky  designs! 

Military inspired with  a futuristic approach, great for my Wayne Tech section!  

14 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I do like the vehicle designs in these sets, hoping for some new whacky  designs! 

Military inspired with  a futuristic approach, great for my Wayne Tech section!  

It doesn't sound like Jurassic World will have many vehicles this year though, which is a good thing imo (I prefer structures and other scenery over vehicles) 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:35 PM, Guyon2002 said:

It doesn't sound like Jurassic World will have many vehicles this year though, which is a good thing imo (I prefer structures and other scenery over vehicles) 

Structures are good as well. Make nice  back drops! 

I can only imagine Jurassic sets expanding if Universal has there way with a Lego movie based off there themes.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely one of those small magazine gifts 

Is there something new in it, by the look of it?

By the way the title says the following from top to bottom (if you are interested):

PREVIEW

Cool Toy!

28 LEGO parts

Creation of a dino.

Edited by Anak