Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And besides that aren't 2 out of the 4 sets from the 4+ line or am I completely misremembering things? If so the last JW 4+ sets didn't have any new dinosaurs 

One of them included a raptor in a new colour, but other than that, the dinos in the 4+ sets were indeed all repeats. 

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] I'd guess we're getting either the Mosasaurus or Allosaurus. 

If that were the case, that’d be it for other new moulds this wave, especially if it’s the former. The Mosasaurus would require more than one, similar to the Indominus and the Indoraptor. I could live with that :shrug_oh_well:

41 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

One of them included a raptor in a new colour, but other than that, the dinos in the 4+ sets were indeed all repeats. 

I see I should've been more specific: I meant none of the 4+ sets came with a new species of dinosaur

19 minutes ago, Jefry Been said:

Bottom line - the hope for new dinosaurs only in two upcoming sets?

I would say so, last year also gave us only 2 new dinosaurs (1 new species and 1 redesign)

16 minutes ago, tonif430 said:

Any small version rumored for Indominus Rex?

There aren’t any rumours at all. The only things we know is the amount of sets (4, 2 of which are 4+) and the leaked baby Trike. If we‘re lucky, the sets might be revealed at the NYTF, but I wouldn‘t count on that 

Zusammengebaut just confirmed the JW summer sets are in fact present at the TF. Though they didn't specify wether or not they are allowed to give more information than that

Looks like we've got to wait a little longer on more information. Maybe we'll see the sets at NYTF though, fingers crossed

I really hope the new sets will include some of the missing characters like Lowery, Vivian and Zara. Ofcourse they're based off of LoIN but I think they'd fit right in with the sets and we really need them to complete the Jurassic World (2015) character lineup

Similair to other themes we now have a little more information thanks to libreria rayuela:

Set 1 - 27,26 euro - 6+

Set 2 - 72,64 euro - 7+

Set 3 - 124 euro - 8+

Set 4 - 32,81 euro - 4+

This means the sets will be similair in size to 'Dilophosaurus on the loose', 'Baryonyx Face-Off' and 'Raptor Rescue Truck'. The most expensive set is going to be larger than last year's Dino-Mech Battle

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Similair to other themes we now have a little more information thanks to libreria rayuela:

Set 1 - 27,26 euro - 6+

Set 2 - 72,64 euro - 7+

Set 3 - 124 euro - 8+

Set 4 - 32,81 euro - 4+

This means the sets will be similair in size to 'Dilophosaurus on the loose', 'Baryonyx Face-Off' and 'Raptor Rescue Truck'. The most expensive set is going to be larger than last year's Dino-Mech Battle

In terms of which dinosaurs could come in which set I think: 

Set 1: the leaked baby Triceratops 

Set 2: the Allosaurus (same pieces as Baryonix but with a new head) 

Set 3: the Mosasaurus. Could it come with an additional Dino as well considering the price point?!

Set 4 (4+) recolour of a raptor, pterodactyl or dilophosaurus 

Also what do you guys think about the chance of getting the baby raptors from the T. rex battle but scattered throughout the sets? 

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

In terms of which dinosaurs could come in which set I think: 

Set 1: the leaked baby Triceratops 

Set 2: the Allosaurus (same pieces as Baryonix but with a new head) 

Set 3: the Mosasaurus. Could it come with an additional Dino as well considering the price point?!

Set 4 (4+) recolour of a raptor, pterodactyl or dilophosaurus 

Also what do you guys think about the chance of getting the baby raptors from the T. rex battle but scattered throughout the sets? 

I think those guesses are pretty good. Though if we get it I'd rather see the Allosaurus using the T-Rex body. Sure it would be too big but the Allo has a similair shape as the Rex and Carnotaurus so it does kinda make sense.

The possible Mosasaurus should be the only dinosaur in a large set imo as that would leave enough budget to get a part of the Mosasaurus Arena. 

I like the idea of scattering the Baby Raptor Squad throughout the sets, especially given their importance in the show. I personally wasn't a fan of the Mech Battle set but I did pick up those Raptors seperately

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think those guesses are pretty good. Though if we get it I'd rather see the Allosaurus using the T-Rex body. Sure it would be too big but the Allo has a similair shape as the Rex and Carnotaurus so it does kinda make sense.

The possible Mosasaurus should be the only dinosaur in a large set imo as that would leave enough budget to get a part of the Mosasaurus Arena. 

I like the idea of scattering the Baby Raptor Squad throughout the sets, especially given their importance in the show. I personally wasn't a fan of the Mech Battle set but I did pick up those Raptors seperately

I kinda agree with you about the T Rex body, the Allosaurus does look a bit too scrawny with the Baryonix body. However I do like how Lego has kept it in scale with the Tyrannosaurus. 340?cb=20190907223135ilau4l5fuux21.jpg

Also I've just seen on the City thread that there's a marine exploration subtheme coming in the summer. Maybe they've managed to make both a whale and a Mosasaurus by using common pieces such as the body or flippers but in different configurations? 

Too bad we're not getting the Mosasaurus in this wave, I do really hope we get all 4 raptor though. With last years baby Raptors they finally got their colors perfectly right, especially Blue!

With these sets being based off the Netflix show I'm 99,99% sure the Triceratops baby indeed comes in a small Gentle Giant Petting Zoo set, as the show is set during (and shortly after) the events of Jurassic World in the actual park

This guy got the Leaf info right (basically a fact that it's a Monkey Kid theme now), so for now I trust him, but it can still turn out to be false. 

Also, I adjusted the prices of the new sets from the site (the Spanish retailer) to match other sets, and these are the actual prices (I'm 99% sure they are all right, but the bigger the set the higher probability of them being wrong, but max. 10€).

75939 is 25€.

75940 is 60€.

75941 is 100€.

75942 (4+) is 30€.

4 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Hi, some info on jurassic world sets:

-All based on Netflix Jurassic World animated series. 

-New dinosaur is an Allosaurs as many speculated here. 

-We get more accurate raptors done with the mold of the new Dilo. 

That's it for this one. 

There goes my hopes for ever getting the JP Ford Explorer. :cry2:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Too bad we're not getting the Mosasaurus in this wave [...]

That would've been great, but alas... The Mosasaurus is turning into my new Minecraft Chicken :def_shrug: ...what am I even saying 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:30 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Really? I'd definetely like to know why. It's sheer size is definetely too much for to be a mold and brickbuilt would mean it looks totally different from the other dinosaurs (just like @Lego-Freak said). I think it's unreasonable to expect them to make such big dinosaurs, those molds will drive the price up so much! 

I do still think a Mosasaurus can happen though, it looks like they scaled it down for the LoIN show. But we've already seen the LoIN Brachiosauruses and they're about the same size as you'd expect them to be

EDIT: clip from the Mosasaurus episode. I can definetely see us getting her at this scale

One single mold ? indeed not happening if scaled like what it should be, still then same could be said about the mosasaurus, which if i am not mistaken should be about the same size then.

what would be how ever more then doable is to implement a combination of mold and brick parts, which is actually already kinda happening with the current rex figures. 

Really can not help to note that in actuality, those figures do exist out of several different parts, not just one mold with maybe an extra part for the tail and the head, which is in fact something they did do back in the early days with the adventurers theme.

I mean, yes, it will involve having a lot of new molds implemented, but it is not something they have not done before

Also, a brick build version of either of those is not completely out of the question, especially not since we got a giant brick build rex last year, which still surprises me by it's existence.

9 hours ago, Darth Absentis said:

One single mold ? indeed not happening if scaled like what it should be, still then same could be said about the mosasaurus, which if i am not mistaken should be about the same size then.

what would be how ever more then doable is to implement a combination of mold and brick parts, which is actually already kinda happening with the current rex figures. 

Really can not help to note that in actuality, those figures do exist out of several different parts, not just one mold with maybe an extra part for the tail and the head, which is in fact something they did do back in the early days with the adventurers theme.

I mean, yes, it will involve having a lot of new molds implemented, but it is not something they have not done before

Also, a brick build version of either of those is not completely out of the question, especially not since we got a giant brick build rex last year, which still surprises me by it's existence.

Looking at that clip it almost looks like the Mosasaurus has the Indominus Rex/Carnotosaurus moulded body with the spines. What if they re-used that body piece, attached flippers to where the arms and legs should go and made a new head and tail mould? Or would that look really stupid aha

Spares-Dinosaur-parts-for-Lego-Dino-T-Re

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Looking at that clip it almost looks like the Mosasaurus has the Indominus Rex/Carnotosaurus moulded body with the spines. What if they re-used that body piece, attached flippers to where the arms and legs should go and made a new head and tail mould? Or would that look really stupid aha

If LEGO would do the Mosasaurus like this I'd rather see them never touching her at all, that would look so stupid :laugh_hard:

Why it is such a big problem for Lego to create a few absolutely NEW molds each year? I agree those forms for molds cost a lot, but isn't that one of the richest and biggest toy company in the world? They trying to compose new Dynosaur from the parts of older ones. And add only two Dyno each year. Old Dyno in another color doesn't count. That is a poverty or some wild saving plan!! If here are some Lego staff, could you explane this, please?

Just now, Jefry Been said:

Why it is such a big problem for Lego to create a few absolutely NEW molds each year? I agree those forms for molds cost a lot, but isn't that one of the richest and biggest toy company in the world? They trying to compose new Dynosaur from the parts of older ones. And add only two Dyno each year. Old Dyno in another color doesn't count. That is a poverty or some wild saving plan!! If here are some Lego staff, could you explane this, please?

That's really easy to answer: it's expensive for lego to make new molds and any new dinosaur species comes with at least 1 new mold. The costs of said new molds will be calculated into the price so in order for both productioncosts and the final price of the set to stay reasonable they try to reuse an existing mold anytime they can. If each dinosaur had completely unique body parts the sets would be signficanty more expensive than they already are