Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Jurassic World 2020 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Jurassic World (& Park) discussion throughout 2020--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Jurassic World discussion. 

Enjoy! 

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks great, now let's hope the sets themselves are better than last years' (which shouldn't be hard)

what there great seriously people like you are whats wrong with the lego community last years sets had plenty of playability and were diverse

the adult fans of lego keep complaining about wanting sets more original and when they do something different you still complain

im just stating the facts

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

what there great seriously people like you are whats wrong with the lego community last years sets had plenty of playability and were diverse

the adult fans of lego keep complaining about wanting sets more original and when they do something different you still complain

im just stating the facts

Here we go again, is it really that hard for you to just accept someone's opinion? Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you can't accept an opinion other than yours a forum like this isn't the place for you, especially as this isn't the first time you've 'attacked' someone just because he/she doesn't share your opinion.....

actually I do accept other peoples opinions and I don't appreciate that tone your speaking to me with but im tired of all the adult whiners complaining when the company tries something different

8 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

actually I do accept other peoples opinions and I don't appreciate that tone your speaking to me with but im tired of all the adult whiners complaining when the company tries something different

You don't appreciate my tone? Wtf? Let me remind you you were the one who said things like ''you are what's wrong with the community'', ''they do something different yet you still complain'' and ''I'm stating the facts''. If someone's tone here is wrong it's yours, I never even complained about lego not trying something different (at least not in regards to JW) in the first place! And you don't exactly accept other peoples opinions by saying they're what's wrong with the community just because they stated their opinion.

But I'm ending this discussion here, I have much better things to do than discuss this with you (which I have done plenty times in the past)

It would be awesome if the baby Trike is just one of a few baby dinosaurs included in a Gentle Giant Petting Zoo set! Maybe the 1x2 gap in her back was included to give it a saddle? I don't really see why they wouldn't just cover that up if they weren't planning on doing anything with it, we do see a kid riding a Trike in the movie after all!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gentle giants petting zoo

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe the 1x2 gap in her back was included to give it a saddle? I don't really see why they wouldn't just cover that up if they weren't planning on doing anything with it, we do see a kid riding a Trike in the movie after all!

That’s also what I was thinking, that has to be the reason :classic: Hopefully the set includes more than one Trike, otherwise it’d be quite a dull petting zoo :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

That baby triceratops is so cute! I love what they’re doing with these sets. Here’s hoping there’s a second new dinosaur in the wave. Based on previous waves, that seems a reasonable number. 

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

Personally I liked last year’s JW sets. The Baryonix was fantastic and I loved the baby Dilophosaurus. And it was also the first Triceratops we’ve actually gotten for the JW theme so that was great. No complaints here. The sets themselves were a bit odd but the Dino’s were great (and that’s really what it’s about). Still can’t believe we haven’t gotten a Brachiosaurus though. 

7 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Baby Triceratops? Like the Duplo one from before? Or actual LEGO system style?

The latter :classic: It has a 1x2 brick sized “hole” in the back to insert a saddle :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Still can’t believe we haven’t gotten a Brachiosaurus though. 

I can. I don’t think they’re willing to create that large of a mould and a brick-built one would clash stylistically with the other dinos :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Still can’t believe we haven’t gotten a Brachiosaurus though. 

Really? I'd definetely like to know why. It's sheer size is definetely too much for to be a mold and brickbuilt would mean it looks totally different from the other dinosaurs (just like @Lego-Freak said). I think it's unreasonable to expect them to make such big dinosaurs, those molds will drive the price up so much! 

I do still think a Mosasaurus can happen though, it looks like they scaled it down for the LoIN show. But we've already seen the LoIN Brachiosauruses and they're about the same size as you'd expect them to be

EDIT: clip from the Mosasaurus episode. I can definetely see us getting her at this scale

Edited by Guyon2002

Well, there are a lot of dinosaurs which Lego could create besides a huge Brachiosaurus. I would appreciate a smaller sized Diplodocus or Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus. I think these ones are also iconic examples of ancient world)

31 minutes ago, Jefry Been said:

Well, there are a lot of dinosaurs which Lego could create besides a huge Brachiosaurus. I would appreciate a smaller sized Diplodocus or Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus. I think these ones are also iconic examples of ancient world)

Keep the budget in mind :wink: Since we already have a new mould in form of the baby Trike, I don’t expect more than one new dino on top of that.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Keep the budget in mind :wink: Since we already have a new mould in form of the baby Trike, I don’t expect more than one new dino on top of that.

Looking at the advertisement for LoIN (haven't seen much of the show itself yet) I'd guess we're getting either the Mosasaurus or Allosaurus. 

And besides that aren't 2 out of the 4 sets from the 4+ line or am I completely misremembering things? If so the last JW 4+ sets didn't have any new dinosaurs