Sign in to follow this  
LegoDW

1 by 4 reddish brown tile just split down the middle

Purchased two of the Hogworth train sets 75955 this summer.  Just looked at my station and two of the 1 by 4 brown tiles split right down the center.  Set has been assembled for around 6 months.  Basically just sitting on my city layout undisturbed.  Is this a common problem for TLG?  Expect they will replace at no cost, but should I expect more to fail?  

Anyone else have problems with these tiles?

@LegoDW Hi, yeah, this has been a know issue on somewhat older parts in reddish brown, dark brown and new dark red parts. As allready announced by TLC a year ago, there have been made improvements on this parts. I heard that it was no problem to get replacement parts from the customer support.

The LEGO Group has been working hard to address reported issues with Reddish Brown bricks becoming brittle and breaking under use.
The issues have been identified and we are happy to announce that they have been fixed.
The fixes were put in place earlier this year for the LEGO colors 154 (New Dark Red), 192 (Reddish Brown) and 308 (Dark Brown).
We waited until now to make the announcement, as we wanted to be 100% certain all issues had been addressed and fixed.
If you, at any time, have a LEGO Element which doesn’t live up to the standard you’d expect from us - then please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Service and we will send you replacement parts.

We are terribly sorry for the inconveniences this has caused our loyal LEGO Fans across the World.

Happy New Year :wink:

BrickMusher

Ok, I'm not the only one with problems.  Hopefully only the two will break.  Thank you all for your advise/guidance.

22 hours ago, LegoDW said:

Expect they will replace at no cost, but should I expect more to fail?  

Yes, lego customer service is usually top notch and they will replace parts without hassle or cost. And if the parts break again, call them back again.

I had the same problem with the Ship in a Bottle set. Reddish brown 1x1 plates with clip (used to attach sails to mast) all have cracked! Had to call customer service and they send new.