brickbitz

Thunderbirds are Go

indexed.gif

So here is a quick mock up of Thunderbird 4, it seemed the easiest to capture in brick.

I'm fairly happy with the rear engine intakes but will definitely rework the front, it's a little too boxy looking.

PICT0752.jpg

PICT0755.jpg

Any comments or suggestions welcome..

Seems very acruate good job on the intakes, and the front :cry_happy: . I think that maybe you should tile the top of it as it would look a little better studless.

That´s a pretty cool craft, very nice.... and to be honest, I like that blocky front too! :classic:

Dude, that's genious :oh:

I myself am a Thunderbirdsfan (as well) and I can say that it looks very accurate :thumbup::classic:

I do feel you're right about the front, it looks to square now, in reality it's more rectangular (for the dutch: that's 'rechthoekig' right ? :blush: )

And perhaps you could also do something with the 'hoses' that come from the side, and hold the front-thingy with the lamps ;-)

Great job so far man :sweet::thumbup::thumbup:

This is great, my father and I used to watch Thunderbirds all the time so big fan here! Love the design, the actual model is rather boxy anyway.

Thunderbird's are Go! :devil:

I considered building Thunderbird 4 a few months ago, but built Thunderbird 1 instead. I did take a good look at TB4 though and I think that on this the window should to be bigger and more rounded and the nose of the craft should be not as tall. Still, it's a good start and it's obviously Thunderbird 4.

Cheers,

Ralph

I do feel you're right about the front, it looks to square now, in reality it's more rectangular (for the dutch: that's 'rechthoekig' right ? :blush: )

You just passed your English test! :tongue::thumbup:

I did take a good look at TB4 though and I think that on this the window should to be bigger and more rounded and the nose of the craft should be not as tall.

Cheers,

Ralph

I agree with Ralph on this one, I also believe that the window should at least be a little taller, with the window being taller the height of the nose will automatically be reduced.

But I must say: when I first saw these pictures I immediately recognised the craft as being Thunderbird 4. Great job.

thunder4.jpeg

Oh man, when I think about this tv series I can still hear the title 'song' in my head... :wub:

This is great, my father and I used to watch Thunderbirds all the time so big fan here!

Is there any fandom we don't both share? :wink:

Anyway, the MOC. It's very nice, instantly recogniseable and pure TB. It's just a pity it doesn't have any of its gadgets! :laugh:

Is there any fandom we don't both share? :wink:

You have gotta be kidding me! :oh3:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

That's a great start; as others have said it is quite clear what it is, but at the same time I agree that the nose should be more sleek. I look forward to phase two! :sweet:

May I suggest that you use the new Speed Racer windscreen? That might help to round it off a bit.

Can't wait for phase II. :thumbup:

Meeeh!! :hmpf_bad: This thing looks good, but I never was a great fan of the Thunderbirds and after the Live-Action movie

I'm enterily not a fan anymore. :sadnew:

This thing looks good, but I never was a great fan of the Thunderbirds

:cry_sad: But... it's fantastic.

:cry_sad: But... it's fantastic.

"5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Thunderbirds are...GO! *Cue epic music and epic scenes among Lady Penelope's Roll Royce and Brain making things*

That fanboyism said, I agree the Speed Racer piece would look great, and maybe a tad more streamlined at the front. As like the others, looking forward to part two. Hopefully someday someone will make my favourite, Thunderbird 6 (the biplane! :tongue: )

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I've been so busy with all my new sets :sweet: that I forgot all about this. Now you've resurrected it I'll guess I'll have to finish it off. I have made some mods but still haven't come up with what feels like the ideal nose.

May I suggest that you use the new Speed Racer windscreen? That might help to round it off a bit.

Can't wait for phase II. :thumbup:

I did try that but decided it was a no no. It still looks far to narrow and also there is no suitable rounded piece for the roof. No leaks in my TB4 :sceptic:

I have found a larger more rounded cockpit piece which although not strictly accurate does give it a better profile.

I'll get some pics in the next couple of days.

Thanks for everyone's input.