Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 4, You Can't Be 100% Sure Maybe

17 hours ago, Nancy said:

I don't see why Coralaaze would want to warn the traveler about me, unless they had plans to kill me last night and wanted to try to blame that on the traveler. The traveler was said to specifically not be a serial killer so that would require some way for the traveler to be blamed. Maybe Nerrio let slip more than he should when he mentioned redirection yesterday?

8 hours ago, Luxxon said:

The list of possible abilities that scum started with was given to us at the start of Night 0.  This list didn't include anything that would provide for a redirection.  This suggests that, if they do or did have a redirection, they either received it as an invention from you (which I presume not given your post) or through the traveler.

To finish my point, I think it more likely that Nerrio was just doing more to throw confusion on things than scum having a redirection ability.

The night zero starting post is essential reading and I have re-read it a few times of the course of this experience. In the context of Coralaaze suggesting to the traveler they "do the additional" on yesterday's scroll (ie that she had the scroll) and in the context of supposing that Nerrio is scum and knows what the scroll did, and in the context of Nerrio suggesting that maybe a scroll allows the traveler to redirect actions, I was suggesting that that was a way the scum might try to blame a death on the traveler, given that we know the traveler isn't a serial killer. 

I'm trying to work out who you find suspicious at the moment Luxxon. You've not really voiced much in the way of opinions over the last few days. You voted for Marwyyn day one, poke-voted Scabowee-wah day 2 before switching to Eeyara and voted for Coralaaze yesterday with no other comment. Voting for Coralaaze was clearly the right thing to do, and you neatly did so without engaging in any discussion about anyone else.

I find myself suspiconizing (nice new verb there, Cadd) you Luxxon, so today I will Vote: Luxxon.

10 hours ago, Tameekys said:

Well, I suppose that Marwyyn has just made herself a very easy vote target today, even though it was presumably unintentional. 

Stop trying to fish for night action results. If something substantial came about, I'm sure we'll hear about it. 

Well I'd say Cadd summed me up pretty well.

2 hours ago, Cadd said:

Marwyyn is probably ok, depending on how the traveller is playing

The Traveler has stated they intend to help Town, and I trust them and hope they can stay among the living in the end.

3 hours ago, Cadd said:

Vote:Nerrio

he suspiconised Araveea

Why? Presumably the Investigator trusted her because they had a Town result on her.

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

..in the context of supposing that Nerrio is scum and knows what the scroll did, and in the context of Nerrio suggesting that maybe a scroll allows the traveler to redirect actions

I'm trying to work out who you find suspicious at the moment Luxxon. You've not really voiced much in the way of opinions over the last few days. You voted for Marwyyn day one, poke-voted Scabowee-wah day 2 before switching to Eeyara and voted for Coralaaze yesterday with no other comment. Voting for Coralaaze was clearly the right thing to do, and you neatly did so without engaging in any discussion about anyone else.

I find myself suspiconizing (nice new verb there, Cadd) you Luxxon, so today I will Vote: Luxxon.

Bah! Huh?

You suppose Nerrio is scum, there’s at least one vote for him but you vote for Luxxon instead? What do you know that we don’t?

also, to help with usage

to suspiconize someone is to comment to different player “I think so-and-so is suspicious!” Often without much other comment or justification. It’s shorter way of saying cast suspicion on. And not to be confused with saying to someone’s face “hey you’re suspicious!” Or saying “I suspect so-and-so for these reasons”

1 hour ago, Marwyyn said:

Why? Presumably the Investigator trusted her because they had a Town result on her.

Quick clarification; Why would Nerrio be suspicious of Araveea since she has presumably been investigated as Town, hence why the Investigator contacted her. 

18 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

Quick clarification; Why would Nerrio be suspicious of Araveea since she has presumably been investigated as Town, hence why the Investigator contacted her. 

This sounds like good news. If the traveler helps the town, then I too would hope they would stay among the living in the end.

31 minutes ago, Cadd said:

Bah! Huh?

You suppose Nerrio is scum, there’s at least one vote for him but you vote for Luxxon instead?

There is nothing that compels me to vote along with you or anyone else. It would be a boring day if we all just vote for Nerrio or Marwyyn and let other people slide by without being scrutinized. Luxxon poked his head up to say more of his not-very-much and, on looking back through what Luxxon has said, it's a little tricky to pinpoint where he stands right now. I would like to know, wouldn't you? A vote tends to focus the mind.

What do you know that we don’t?

You're not really expecting me to answer that?  :look: 

to suspiconize someone is to comment to different player “I think so-and-so is suspicious!” Often without much other comment or justification. It’s shorter way of saying cast suspicion on. And not to be confused with saying to someone’s face “hey you’re suspicious!” Or saying “I suspect so-and-so for these reasons”

Then it is a crap new verb that smells of pee. :tongue:

I am suspicious of Luxxon, but I am still suspicious of Nerrio. I can (and should) be suspicious of more than one person at a time, and my suspicions are in a state of flux. 

5 hours ago, Cadd said:

Bah! Buttsticks!

reading back over the last couple of days has been informative, but what really tipped my scales is a brief private convo.

he suspiconised Araveea, Eeyara and Marwyyn. 
Araveea brought us the Coralaaze grogon result. Marwyyn is probably ok, depending on how the traveller is playing and Eeyara has been a consistent target of Coralaaze’s.

in any case, he’s said plenty fishy and I’m happy with my read.

I suspected Araveea early in the game (Day 1), which I mentioned to you on the first day. I was not a fan of Eeyara due to the erratic posting. Was not a fan of Marwyyn due to appearing to be too helpful. It screamed problems to me.

Just now, Nerrio said:

I suspected Araveea early in the game (Day 1), which I mentioned to you on the first day. I was not a fan of Eeyara due to the erratic posting. Was not a fan of Marwyyn due to appearing to be too helpful. It screamed problems to me.

Do you still suspect them and me?

Just now, Marwyyn said:

I still slightly suspect you for being overtly too helpful and, at the same time, trying to appear extremely active by posting a lot. With that said, I don't think it's worthwhile to vote for you just yet. 

I'm going to not vote yet while I consider my options. 

5 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

Don't suspect Araveea due to the delivery of Coralaaze as scum. I don't think a fellow scum would do that. Eeyara being always attacked by Corallaze leads me to come to the same conclusion. For you, I'm honestly not sure. I'm leaning towards less scummy, but who knows.

I didn't like it when Tameekys voted for Eeyara yesterday, because hopping on the wagon was the easy option:

On 12/28/2019 at 10:19 AM, Tameekys said:

I'll Vote: Eeyara so we can finally pew-pew someone. Like Araveea said, it sounds awful to get rid of someone just to analyze vote patterns and such, but we don't have any other real options. 

And today she says "aw shucks bah gawd Marwyyn's halfway to a lynch already, let's see who wants to ride that wagon", and in her next contribution she shares that

8 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

I'm going to not vote yet while I consider my options. 

In other words "I'm going to see what wagon starts up that I can hop on because I don't care who gets lynched (as long as it's not me lmao) because I'm scum". So Vote: Tameekys

Though before I lose my train of thought, I have the following comments:

So far there appear to be Cadd, Marwyyn, Eeyara and Araveea who can be trusted. And Coralaaze who can't be trusted but she's dead. Can five people really have been investigated in the space of three nights? If I were one of you four, I would keep things close to my vest.

10 minutes ago, Nerrio said:

Eeyara being always attacked by Corallaze leads me to come to the same conclusion.

On the other hand, bussing is a thing, and that's what justified Araveea's vote for me on Day Two, because I had voted for Marwyyn on Day One. Notwithstanding they seem to trust each other now, the notion of bussing still exists.

For reference, here's the vote tally yesterday after I unvoted Eeyara and Nerrio cast his vote, and right before the Coralaaze night result was made public:

Eeyara: 5 (Araveea, Marwyyn, Coralaaze, Tameekys, Cadd, Nerrio)
Nerrio: 3 (Nancy, Mazziko, Scabowee-wah)
Araveea: 1 (Zandder)
Marwyyn: 1 (Eeyara)
Non-voters: 2 (Luxxon, Araveea)

Scabowee was pretty happy that the reveal happened late in the day...

Unvote: Nerrio

Vote: Coralaaze

And assuming this is true about Coralaaze, I still don't trust Nerrio. What about this makes you think Eeyara might not be town?  

And for the record, I think holding the information till when you did was a GREAT move. It made people talk more today and actually place votes and stuff. If it had come out immediately, we would have just all voted and the day would have been quiet. So thank you for holding it a while! 

Which could be explained by the fact that he/she? started the day by poking Coralaaze...

On 12/28/2019 at 6:20 PM, Scabowee-wah said:

Sorry if I felt off. It legitimately was exactly that - talking as I was thinking through the night's results. And honestly, I'm rethinking my "get a lynch today" thoughts. I'm not feeling anyone pinging me strongly enough to justify a lynch yet. I'd rather have none than kill off another loyal sea creature. 

This. The bandwagon sure piled on, with basically no justification from anyone beyond "I wanted to lynch her yesterday" and that's pretty lame. 

So for now, I'm going to 

Vote: Coralaaze

You've been shockingly quiet all 3 days. That does not seem like loyal activity to me. Scum benefit the most from quiet players, and they also often ARE the quiet ones.

Before switching to Nerrio...

On 12/28/2019 at 10:44 PM, Scabowee-wah said:

< reality mode = on> Not pissed at all; I understand your position. It does affect strategy (on both sides) so I think it's not a huge deal. I don't think we've ever faced 3 straight no-lynch days here, so it makes sense from the host position. < reality mode = off >

Hey sentient coral, you may be clairvoyant, but you suck at math. Nerrio there has 2 votes, not 1 twice. Since now the majority vote will get the pew-pew, I won't waste time with pokes any more today. 

Unvote: Coralaaze

Vote: Nerrio

I see some merit to the "lynch Eeyera to remove the distraction" idea, but I honestly don't get a scum vibe at all from her. The opposite in fact. So I'm not joining the bandwagon. Given that, I AM jumping on the next most likely with Nerrio. My diplomatic notes have no good reason to NOT suspect him, so that's where my vote is going for now. I'm off to float away to dreamland, but I'll check in later for any updates. 

And it did make him look town for casting this spontaneous vote on a soon-to-be-revealed scum. All good, but what if Scabowee is actually the Traitor? He's super happy to have inadvertently voted for a scum at the perfect moment, and at the same time the investigator gives him a name and a sure way to contact the Gorgons.

Day 1, Scabowee voted first, for Ronnan which was a safe poke to a silent player.
Day 2, Scabowee voted last, for Tameekys who had no other votes and no risk at all of being lynched that day.

To me, that's how a Traitor would probably vote: safe, inconsequential votes up till the moment they're sure they're not harming scum.

Vote: Scabowee-wah.

I also tend to agree with the suspicions cast on Nerrio and Luxxon, but there's still time to discuss them all and figure out our best bet today.

Sorry for the extra quote, it's just a copy-paste mistake.

And Happy New Year! :drunk:

I HAVE A DORSAL BLADE, I'M NOT YOUR MERMAID!!! :sing:

Yeah funny that. If the Traitor is still around, they had a good opportunity to contact a scum. And even though at the time it wasn't a 100% certainty that Coralaaze was scum, it was pretty likely she was. 

And yet we had a kill last night. :sceptic: So either the Traitor didn't contact the scum, or the scum are waiting as to not be obvious?

5 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

Yeah funny that. If the Traitor is still around, they had a good opportunity to contact a scum. And even though at the time it wasn't a 100% certainty that Coralaaze was scum, it was pretty likely she was.  

And yet we had a kill last night. :sceptic: So either the Traitor didn't contact the scum, or the scum are waiting as to not be obvious? 

Or they used a "recall traitor" action, if they had it. Or they had already recalled the traitor on night 2, when there was no kill. That doesn't actually invalidate my theory about Scabowee-wah.

2 hours ago, Zandder said:

I didn't like it when Tameekys voted for Eeyara yesterday, because hopping on the wagon was the easy option:

And today she says "aw shucks bah gawd Marwyyn's halfway to a lynch already, let's see who wants to ride that wagon", and in her next contribution she shares that

In other words "I'm going to see what wagon starts up that I can hop on because I don't care who gets lynched (as long as it's not me lmao) because I'm scum". So Vote: Tameekys

Yes, Tameekys and Coralaaze did telegraph their intention to vote Eeyara early in the day, and I was the first to take the bait... Scum trying to push a lynch?

On 12/27/2019 at 6:47 PM, Coralaaze said:

Well, that's concerning. No kill is great, but there's a pretty good possibility the scum and the traitor have made contact. That was...quick. :sceptic:

Gonna assume some sort of correlation between these two things. I'll just lay this out now: I intend on voting for Eeyara unless a damn good reason pops up for someone else. I'm tired of dealing with the same candidates we've been dealing with for two days now. Anyone else want to make their intentions known before voting actually rolls around?

On 12/27/2019 at 7:35 PM, Tameekys said:

If you've decided this early on that you're voting for Eeyara, what's the point of even showing up once you've voted? I doubt anything substantial will come up, and realistically we should have gotten rid of her yesterday. I don't know if there's anything to look for in past days, but perhaps getting rid of someone that was nearly voted out is a good idea. I will see if there's anything else that anyone has to say. I have a feeling they would have by now, but perhaps they're waiting for the start of voting to make a big reveal.

If it comes down to it, I suppose I can support voting for her. At this point we need to vote somebody out, or we'll have another Day One. 

2 hours ago, Araveea said:

To me, that's how a Traitor would probably vote: safe, inconsequential votes up till the moment they're sure they're not harming scum.

I also tend to agree with the suspicions cast on Nerrio and Luxxon, but there's still time to discuss them all and figure out our best bet today.

Hey Araveea, thanks for doing actual analysis of what people are doing. I appreciate it. You're wrong in this instance, but I (honestly; I'm not being sarcastic here) do appreciate the effort. 

2 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

2 hours ago, Araveea said:

Or they used a "recall traitor" action, if they had it. Or they had already recalled the traitor on night 2, when there was no kill. That doesn't actually invalidate my theory about Scabowee-wah.

Yeah, I don't know what the scum/traitor situation is, since I'm neither, but I personally suspect they found the traitor by luck on night 2. Hence a kill last night, when it would have been the perfect opportunity to contact to happen. I don't see the scum waiting to connect with them, since there's no real advantage to that. 

16 minutes ago, Scabowee-wah said:

Hey Araveea, thanks for doing actual analysis of what people are doing. I appreciate it. You're wrong in this instance, but I (honestly; I'm not being sarcastic here) do appreciate the effort.

Just doing my job here! :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Scabowee-wah said:

Yeah, I don't know what the scum/traitor situation is, since I'm neither, but I personally suspect they found the traitor by luck on night 2. Hence a kill last night, when it would have been the perfect opportunity to contact to happen. I don't see the scum waiting to connect with them, since there's no real advantage to that. 

We have been informed by a superior fish that Until the Traitor is recalled, any investigative Action will produce a “Not Gorgon” result. Maybe there is an advantage to delaying the formal recruitment.

7 hours ago, Nancy said:

There is nothing that compels me to vote along with you or anyone else. It would be a boring day if we all just vote for Nerrio or Marwyyn and let other people slide by without being scrutinized. Luxxon poked his head up to say more of his not-very-much and, on looking back through what Luxxon has said, it's a little tricky to pinpoint where he stands right now. I would like to know, wouldn't you? A vote tends to focus the mind.

I though to point was to vote for whoever your strongest read was on. Different swimming styles I guess.

7 hours ago, Nancy said:

You’re not really expecting me to answer that?  :look: 

Worth a shot! :laugh:

7 hours ago, Nancy said:

Then it is a crap new verb that smells of pee. :tongue:

Make up your mind! Is it crap or wee? Or maybe you’re a loud fart. :tongue: 

39 minutes ago, Araveea said:

Just doing my job here! :laugh:

We have been informed by a superior fish that Until the Traitor is recalled, any investigative Action will produce a “Not Gorgon” result. Maybe there is an advantage to delaying the formal recruitment.

Thanks for the reminder. Apparently I haven't read day zero recently enough. I guess that is a bit of a reason to wait, but I think they'd rather get the traitor in the group soon so they can plot and scheme together.

As promised, I went through everything Coralaaze said over the last few days. Day 2 she was basically silent - nothing of note. Day 1 though, there was an interesting poking at each other between her and Neerio. Nothing was enough to actually get anyone else riled up, but it sure felt almost scripted and planned to me. So between that and my suspicions on earlier days, I will

Vote: Neerio

Vote Tally

Marwyyn: 3 (penalty, penalty, penalty)
Nerrio: 2 (Cadd, Scabowee-wah)
Luxxon: 1 (Nancy)
Tameekys: 1 (Zandder)
Scabowee-wah: 1 (Araveea)
Non-voters: 5 (Eeyara, Luxxon, Marwyyn, Nerrio, Tameekys)

As it currently stands, Marwyyn will be pew-pewed unless another player receives more votes. 31.5 hours remain in Day Four.

13 hours ago, Cadd said:

11 hours ago, Nancy said:

Vote: Luxxon.

7 hours ago, Zandder said:

Vote: Tameekys

5 hours ago, Araveea said:

1 hour ago, Scabowee-wah said:

Vote: Nerrio

10 hours ago, Nancy said:

True, I haven't shared much over the last few days. I have been keeping abreast of the discussion, but haven't really felt that I could contribute much that hasn't been said already.  My own analysis hasn't really gone anywhere solid and, as has been pointed out a few times, I've had a number of blond moments.  I'd like to put that down to being distracted by my music - lots of performances at this time of year.  Anyway, I have been happy to follow the lead of those that I believe are more likely town than scum

You pointed out my votes - I've previously stated my reasons for my votes on Day 1 and 2.  I didn't have any reason to question Araveea's claim yesterday that Coralaaze was scum.  While we rarely have 100% certainty, I was happy to vote on that basis.  My vote yesterday would otherwise have been Nerrio.  Not really sure what would have been gained by pointing that out yesterday while voting for Coralaaze.

In the interest of fully sharing of my opinions on the remaining people at this point:

• Town: Araveea (gave us Coralaaze), Nancy (confirmed inventor, in thread)
  • Town?: Cadd (just gut feel, as I stated previously in Day 1 or Day 2 thread), Marwynn (see below)
  • ?:  Eeyara, Scabowee-wah, Tameekys*, Zandder (these I don't have a good feel for one way or the other)
  • Scum?: Nerrio 

* He may be moved to "Scum?" based on discussion in the thread today.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:26 AM, Tameekys said:

Marwyyn has been extremely active. She's got the highest post count out of all of us, half of which are posts that say nothing of substance. She reached out to me on Day One thinking that I had claimed protector in thread for some reason, and then proceeded to tell me that she thought Cadd was being odd. So, I'm not surprised I guess when Cadd says that Marwyyn has been messaging him in the night. She seems to be messaging everyone. 

I agree that there have been quite a few posts that have had limited substance, but on balance I think her level of activity has been more town than scum. While she pissed me off by the way she came at me on Day 1, I really don't think scum would be so loud and obnoxious on Day 1.  She has continued to post and poke, albeit less aggressively, which I think is helpful for trying to weed out the scum.  And she appears to be working with the Traveler who she notes has claimed to be supporting town.   

On 1/1/2020 at 5:31 AM, Nerrio said:

That’s basically what I said the other day, just you worded it better. 

This is pretty much why I will Vote: Nerrio.  It feels like you have either just repeated or agreed with what others have said, sat on the fence with one leg either side ready to jump, or thrown things out there to create confusion.   There was also the whole thing around persisting with the argument that scum stayed home when it had been dismissed by quite a few people.

Just now, Zandder said:

:poke:

:damn: I've updated the vote tally to reflect all of the votes. Sorry about that.

And a passive-aggressive thank you to everyone who put their votes on a separate line instead of the middle of a sentence, making it easier for this 43-year-old, whose near-vision is rapidly decreasing, to tally the votes. :thumbup:

:tongue: