Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 4, You Can't Be 100% Sure Maybe

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

014.jpg

Day Four has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will last precisely 72 hours. Each day a random player will be given a scroll. The scroll will contain an ability that the Neutral (Traveler) can use. It will be up to the player who receives the scroll if they want to pass it along to the Traveler.

***Characters chosen for fake-out death scenes are chosen completely at random. Their involvement in the Night scenes gives no indication of their role or affiliation. They are simply for fun, nothing more.

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Oceanides) or the Scum (Gorgons). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to kill off all of the Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Oceanide) or Scum (Gorgon) or Neutral (Traveler)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all of the Gorgons (Scum) are eliminated) or (You win when all of the Oceanides (Town) are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

0_tellia.jpg

Queen Tellia, Ruler of Thack Desteck

0_naryyus.jpg

King Naryyus, Dead King

0_kyrrio.jpg

Kyrrio, King's Guard

0_ddewy.jpg

Ddewy, Queen's Guard

0_killer.jpg

—, Killer-for-hire

0_proochllooeros.jpg

Proochllooeros, Ocean Shaman

Characters

araveea.jpg

Araveea, Master of Music

cadd.jpg

Cadd, Special Counsel to the Queen

eeyara.jpg

Eeyara, Master of Negotiations

luxxon.jpg

Luxxon, Master of Music

marwyyn.jpg

Marwyyn, Master of Architecture

nancy.jpg

Nancy, Master of Coin

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations

scabowee_wah.jpg

Scabowee-wah, Master of Invertebrate Relations

tameekys.jpg

Tameekys, Master of Agriculture

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

The Dead

ronnan.jpg

Ronnan, Master of War—Oceanidemudered on Night One

coralaaze.jpg

Coralaaze, Master of Education—Gorgonpew-pewed on Day Three

mazziko.jpg

Mazziko, Master of Labor—Oceanidemudered on Night Three

**Council titles are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

So.

my messages lit up like a lumesent coral.

Thing is, several people are telling different stories.

Marwyyn is the prime offender. Who’s surprised?

Nice that we have finally made some progress!

12 minutes ago, Cadd said:

Not particularly surprised.  Can you share more?

4 hours ago, Cadd said:

Eh?

So, we now know we do have a source of good information, since Coralaaze flipped as accused. 

Now, as the saying goes, time to go review days 1-3 and see if anything pings based on knowing a couple more people's affiliations. 

And thank Poseidon I wasn't in the "nearly killed" scenes again. That was a roller coaster of emotion yesterday! 

I'm glad that the information we were provided wasn't an attempt at misdirection. It will help us begin to figure out who the other Gorgons might be.

After those parting words by Coralaaze yesterday, there's little doubt that the Traitor must have been able to contact the Gorgons if they hadn't been recruited already.

Now what's that about Marwyyn?

So the investigator panned out, which means it's someone we can trust. As for whom we shouldn't trust, it's possible the Traveler reached out to the scum in the night. Araveea pointed out yesterday that they probably could win with us, but if that's the case they probably could also win with the Gorgons. And do we believe that Nancy is an Inventor? Or did Coralaaze try to pull a fast one over us? But surely she knew that that can be checked  by investigation, if the investigator caught her on Night Two?

7 hours ago, Cadd said:

So.

my messages lit up like a lumesent coral.

Huh?

8 hours ago, Hinckley said:

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

:look:

So did Zandder and I have a body swap experience?

Awesome, Coralaaze was scum. And @Zandder, if it is possible for the traveler to win with Scum or Town, why scum? The numerical disadvantage for them (at the beginning and even now) isn’t that good for them to win. 

15 minutes ago, Nerrio said:

And @Zandder, if it is possible for the traveler to win with Scum or Town, why scum? The numerical disadvantage for them (at the beginning and even now) isn’t that good for them to win.

I don't have any insight into what the Traveler thinks, but situations such as this are typically balanced 50-50 and the Traveler is supposed to be a very powerful entity. They could choose to side with either us or the Gorgons, or side with nobody at all.

14 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

Not sure whether there is conflicting info or a breakdown in communication.

[youtube]qoqQnR8NOVI[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI

2 hours ago, Zandder said:

So the investigator panned out, which means it's someone we can trust. As for whom we shouldn't trust, it's possible the Traveler reached out to the scum in the night. Araveea pointed out yesterday that they probably could win with us, but if that's the case they probably could also win with the Gorgons. And do we believe that Nancy is an Inventor? Or did Coralaaze try to pull a fast one over us? But surely she knew that that can be checked  by investigation, if the investigator caught her on Night Two?

Coralaaze knew I am the inventor because I sent her an invention on night one and subsequently spoke to her on day two. We obviously know now that she is scum, so that turned out to be a great move on my part. :hmpf: 

The scum already know this, so there's no point in me not making it public.

I don't see why Coralaaze would want to warn the traveler about me, unless they had plans to kill me last night and wanted to try to blame that on the traveler. The traveler was said to specifically not be a serial killer so that would require some way for the traveler to be blamed. Maybe Nerrio let slip more than he should when he mentioned redirection yesterday?

In my brief chat with Coralaaze the very first thing she did was defend Marwyyn and then she cast suspicion on Eeyara, Mazziko and Nerrio. It's not outside the realms of possibility to throw a scum name on that list, and we know it's not Mazziko, and I don't think anyone would be surprised if I said I thought it might be Nerrio.  

I would like to hear more about what's been going on with Marwyyn, especially considering a known scum defended her in private.

50 minutes ago, Zandder said:

[youtube]qoqQnR8NOVI[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI

The irony. :snicker: 

2 hours ago, Nerrio said:

So did Zandder and I have a body swap experience?

:facepalm: I can’t tell bro-y guys apart, apparently. 

35 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Coralaaze knew I am the inventor because I sent her an invention on night one and subsequently spoke to her on day two. We obviously know now that she is scum, so that turned out to be a great move on my part. :hmpf: 

The scum already know this, so there's no point in me not making it public.

I don't see why Coralaaze would want to warn the traveler about me, unless they had plans to kill me last night and wanted to try to blame that on the traveler. The traveler was said to specifically not be a serial killer so that would require some way for the traveler to be blamed. Maybe Nerrio let slip more than he should when he mentioned redirection yesterday?

In my brief chat with Coralaaze the very first thing she did was defend Marwyyn and then she cast suspicion on Eeyara, Mazziko and Nerrio. It's not outside the realms of possibility to throw a scum name on that list, and we know it's not Mazziko, and I don't think anyone would be surprised if I said I thought it might be Nerrio.  

I would like to hear more about what's been going on with Marwyyn, especially considering a known scum defended her in private.

The irony. :snicker: 

I can confirm that Nancy is the inventor, if it was under any doubt. She gave me an action last night that I used successfully. She's asked that I don't share which action I used and I will respect that.

Marwyyn has been extremely active. She's got the highest post count out of all of us, half of which are posts that say nothing of substance. She reached out to me on Day One thinking that I had claimed protector in thread for some reason, and then proceeded to tell me that she thought Cadd was being odd. So, I'm not surprised I guess when Cadd says that Marwyyn has been messaging him in the night. She seems to be messaging everyone. 

1 hour ago, Tameekys said:

Marwyyn has been extremely active. She's got the highest post count out of all of us, half of which are posts that say nothing of substance. She reached out to me on Day One thinking that I had claimed protector in thread for some reason, and then proceeded to tell me that she thought Cadd was being odd. So, I'm not surprised I guess when Cadd says that Marwyyn has been messaging him in the night. She seems to be messaging everyone. 

That’s basically what I said the other day, just you worded it better. Weird though, Marwyyn never messaged me :( I feel unloved now.

Vote Tally

Marwyyn: 3 (penalty, penalty, penalty)

*Voting is not yet open.

Mod note: It has come to my attention that Marwyyn has either quoted me or pretended to quote me via PM to another player. This is in violation of this rule:

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. (Emphasis added) This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

Any other violation or further violation that Marwyyn commits will result in her immediate death. Please, everyone, read the rules carefully and be sure to follow them as I'm dead serious about enforcing them. They are in place to maintain the integrity of the game's mechanics.

On a personal note, I was almost banned from the gaming forum during Witch Hunt Mafia for posting after I was killed off. :blush: That was abysmal game etiquette on my part. I understand people love the game and want to dig into their tactics, and I appreciate it. I don't want Marwyyn or anybody else who may break a rule to feel embarrassed and I appreciate people who love the game. :wub:

Bah! apologies!

I also need to make an apology, I hadn’t read the information I was given properly and made some assumptions about how things worked based on faulty reasoning.

As it stands, I’m crossing names off the naughty list. Marwyyn is not on that list.

To keep chasing leads, I would like to know who sent the traveller the day 3 scroll. 

1 hour ago, Cadd said:

To keep chasing leads, I would like to know who sent the traveller the day 3 scroll. 

Wasn't it Corallaze? She expected the Traveler to reach out to her as a result of that.

Well, I suppose that Marwyyn has just made herself a very easy vote target today, even though it was presumably unintentional. 

2 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

Yes, and some investigative results would be cool assuming they weren't blocked or were Mazziko. :look:

Stop trying to fish for night action results. If something substantial came about, I'm sure we'll hear about it. 

8 hours ago, Nancy said:

Maybe Nerrio let slip more than he should when he mentioned redirection yesterday?

The list of possible abilities that scum started with was given to us at the start of Night 0.  This list didn't include anything that would provide for a redirection.  This suggests that, if they do or did have a redirection, they either received it as an invention from you (which I presume not given your post) or through the traveler.

To finish my point, I think it more likely that Nerrio was just doing more to throw confusion on things than scum having a redirection ability.

10 minutes ago, Luxxon said:

This suggests that, if they do or did have a redirection, they either received it as an invention from you (which I presume not given your post) or through the traveler.

I thought that was implicit given the context in which Nancy said it? You know, the separate paragraph about how it may be possible for the Traveler to kill someone.

9 hours ago, Nancy said:

the very first thing she did was defend Marwyyn

I find this interesting, although I must acknowledge I've been biased against Marwyyn for a while.

49 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

Stop trying to fish for night action results.

But down here, we are all fish. Except for Scabowee-wah.

8 hours ago, Hinckley said:

:facepalm: I can’t tell bro-y guys apart, apparently. 

It's OK, bro.

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

Voting is now open.

Vote Tally

Marwyyn: 3 (penalty, penalty, penalty)

Approximately 48 hours remain in Day Four. Happy New Year!

Bah! Buttsticks!

Vote:Nerrio

reading back over the last couple of days has been informative, but what really tipped my scales is a brief private convo.

he suspiconised Araveea, Eeyara and Marwyyn. 
Araveea brought us the Coralaaze grogon result. Marwyyn is probably ok, depending on how the traveller is playing and Eeyara has been a consistent target of Coralaaze’s.

in any case, he’s said plenty fishy and I’m happy with my read.