Kai NRG

He's a Dangerous Man

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V (you are here)
Chapter VI

Captain Argentum, as you know, was last seen ready to put an end forever to the picnicking depredations of one hungry Corry—a Corry who, incidentally, seemed to be slowly sequestrating the affections of the good Captain’s own and only fiancée, Lady Cora of fainting fame.

His blow came down with stunning force, cutting into the Colonel’s scalp, deflecting onto his hand, and then gashing his leg.

This piece of violence led to three unintended consequences.

The first unintended consequence was:

He%27s%20a%20Dangerous%20Man%20%281%29.jpg

He%27s%20a%20Dangerous%20Man%20%282%29.jpg

He%27s%20a%20Dangerous%20Man%20%283%29.jpg

A lot of fun stuff to try out in this build.  Unfortunately I don't have quite the right amount of dark red profile bricks but I think I was able to do a fair job disguising that.  It was great to revisit my sideways tile technique.  @Garmadon had this very interesting idea of continuing the border along the sides and on top.  I liked the way it looked, but since it was a bit of an afterthought and since the set up for keeping the sideways tiles in place is rather complex, there ended up being a gap between the border and the wall, for which I apologize, it's not like me. :pir-grin:  The bed was fun - on the other hand, the bay window... *huh* :pir-laugh:

C&C welcome!  Stay tuned for the next consequence of Captain Argentum's reckless behavior! :pir-wink:

Edited by Kai NRG

I'm not supposed to laugh, considering his wounds, but the expression on that Corry's face is just hilarious :laugh:

A clean and neat build.

Unique and very tidy. The first pic really illustrates it well. Extending the border around/over the build looks great with these colors. The window looks great and the furnishings are all pretty good. What parts did you use for the bandages? I'm just not recognizing either of them...

The black tiles really show dust bad. I've found that it's often possible to remove dust from narrow tiles by simply sliding them between thumb and index finger, or even wiping over them by hand after they're placed. :wink:

Your build may be small, but it contains a lot of nice details and interesting building techniques that look very nice: the bottle was a simple but effective idea, while the floor and the back wall are very nice!  I hope to see part VI soon! :sweet:

On 12/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, Bodi said:

I'm not supposed to laugh, considering his wounds, but the expression on that Corry's face is just hilarious :laugh:

A clean and neat build.

:laugh: Thank you!

On 12/31/2019 at 11:34 AM, Captain Dee said:

Unique and very tidy. The first pic really illustrates it well. Extending the border around/over the build looks great with these colors. The window looks great and the furnishings are all pretty good. What parts did you use for the bandages? I'm just not recognizing either of them...

The black tiles really show dust bad. I've found that it's often possible to remove dust from narrow tiles by simply sliding them between thumb and index finger, or even wiping over them by hand after they're placed. :wink:

Ah yes, the perennial struggle against dust.  I gave this a quick wipe before shooting but evidently it was too quick. :pir-grin: 

The bandage on the head is the lower part of a Ninjago Zane mask; the one on the hand is a special piece which I think originally came with the CMF with a banana shirt and a crutch.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:55 PM, Keymonus said:

Your build may be small, but it contains a lot of nice details and interesting building techniques that look very nice: the bottle was a simple but effective idea, while the floor and the back wall are very nice!  I hope to see part VI soon! :sweet:

Thanks, I think I first saw the bottle in one of @Henjin_Quilones builds or maybe, come to think of it, in Jonas' Venice 1486 but I didn't think of copying it until I saw it in Henjin's build. :pir-laugh:

On 1/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, Fraunces said:

Great build and I love the building techniques. 

Thanks Fraunces!

Nice work on both floor and wall. :thumbup:  I need to get more adventurous with SNOT in such builds.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:00 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Nice work on both floor and wall. :thumbup:  I need to get more adventurous with SNOT in such builds.

SNOT opens up a huge range of possibilities and although it's tough to master at first, it gets easy once you are familiar with the basic units of the headlight brick and so forth!  Well worth mastering.