A collab between John and I for the miscellaneous category of the CCC XVII. The build was inspired by this stunning concept art. It weighs in at 41.2 pounds, making it our second largest build to date, behind only Life In Nordheim.

Credit for the deer design goes to Grantmasters.

We hope you enjoy our last build of 2019!

Sabishi Monastery is located high in the Heavenly Mountains of Mitgardia, leading to a very secluded life for the monks who reside there. Still there is plenty to do, and the scenery is beyond beautiful.

49298954622_b4d0c31170_c.jpg

front-low.jpg

right.jpg

deer.jpg

kids.jpg

stairs.jpg

river.jpg

water.jpg

See more images on Brickbuilt.

Thanks for looking, and Happy New Year :dsweet:

Impressive build SK and LJ!  The snow here is perfect, not overdone but certainly enough.  The waterfall tucked away in the rear is a cool concept and well executed.  I love the small trees.  The stairs and railings are masterpieces.  :wub:

Oooh that is pretty! The little deer is cute! The snow is perfect, the rocks are beautiful, the building is awesome! The colour scheme is simple but very effective! Overall a great way to end the year!

Another beautiful build!  NPU with the wands for the deer's legs, the horns for icicles, and various bits in the bare trees.  Great texturing on the building, and I like the the sloped dark red bit at the bottom of the taller timber portion.  The waterfall and stream are also lovely.  For the stair railings, are the cross sections (with the cheese slopes) just set in there, or are they secured by some technique?

What a magnificent build - huge, in the first place, and wonderful choice of colors with the three darks, red, grey, and brown, contrasting with the bright white snow!  The different things you've done with the dark red are great, I'm thinking especially of the slots in the bridge (to nowhere... :laugh: ) and the really cool slope on the tallest building!  As I mentioned on Flickr, great job merging but not mixing up the hewn and organic rock - and great realistic touch to the snow, as always from you two.  Cool waterfall too, it's a shame so much of it is hidden at first, but it's that much more to spot on a closer look!

Great build! The thing that impresses me most is the snow. It makes the whole setting fall in to place.

Great build.  The snow looks wonderful.  The use of the barrels as columns is a nice detail, really adds some texture to the wooden part of the build.  The rock work is excellent.  The brown, dark red and touches of gold work very well together.  

Excellent build!  The dark color palette (dark brown, dark bley, dark red) looks great, and is a great juxtaposition with the white snow.  From a distance, the technique you have used for the snow on the roof is amazing: it looks very realistic with some snowfall/melt.  The snow on the peaks of the rocks is fantastic as well, and I love how you incorporated the waterfall into the build at a steep angle.  I also like how the build is multi-level and sits naturally, drawing the eye upward in a somewhat spiral fashion.  Great job!

Stunning work guys! The rock-work is superb and the colourscheme works perfectly. The snow steals the show though, just awesome. 

I like the secluded waterfall, the snow is great and the people making snowmen is a great touch too! I'm also a fan of the architecture style that you used here, which is framed perfectly by the amazing rockwork. Keep it up! :dhappy:

I've commented on Flickr, but this masterpiece deserves a ton of more appreciation in every medium possible. 

Absolutely impressive and outstanding work. Very fitting with the frozen-Ninjago-generals from the recent wave.
The snow-work is beautifully made, extremely natural. I love the stone-work at the bottom of the wooden structures being slightly squarish textured.
Using barrels is fantastic. The dead foliage is impressively good-looking and the angle to the roofs adds a great touch of movement.

Not to mention color choices, that are perfect. The little bird nest and the brick built deer are exemplary details that give life to this scenery.
And the way the lamps are slightly bent shows how windy the monastery should be - I'm not sure if that was the intention, but it totally sells it for me.

Finally, the waterfall is great! And the fact that we can only see a small part of it in the main picture, makes it feel like a hidden egg. Makes me want to look further into the build and pictures.
Does it have interiors and furnishing? Would a picture from the back show us a fully built shrine, symbols of worship and an ancient dojo? Or mainly colorful DUPLO bricks and technic structures? - If it's the first one, I'm dying to see it. If it's the second one, I'd prefer to leave it to my imagination. 

Exceptional attention to detail as expected from such skillful builders. Amazing and very inspiring work, guys.

Because the building is so dark, the gold 1x1s really help define the roof and excellent use of the big gold quarter dome piece.

I must, first and foremost, congratulate you two on your ability to work together; the only time my brothers wanted to build with me was if I let them do the demolition at the end of the project (they didn't always wait for the end).  But secondly, and more importantly, you guys have once again knocked it out of the park.  The level of detail and cohesive design is excellent, and your storytelling ability with minifig posing is top-notch. If I were to offer critique, it would be that some of your snow effects seem out of place deep underneath the overhanging buildings, and you have a sort of inconsistent section cut going on at the end of your bridge - you have a door there, but no landing, but the snow still wraps around below it.  Otherwise, your technical execution is, as always, superlative.