Sign in to follow this  
Kristof

[INSTRUCTIONS] Arquitens-class Command Cruiser (MIDI Scale)

49292720617_75b529a2da_o.png

Several months ago @Brick-Wombat (Philip) completed my Venator Star Destroyer and decided to build a few more scaled ships to accompany it. When I saw his pictures, I knew the fleet deserves to be made into instructions. I reached out to Philip and we decided to first publish the Arquitens. After some back and forth design collab, aiming for increased sturdiness and better buildability of the model, I think the result is quite pleasing :) Obviously, the model is very small and simple and most of you would be likely able to build it just by looking at the picture, but I took it as a chance to try out some new features in Stud.io and hopefully get better in making some more substantial models in near future.

You can check out the free instructions here!

All feedback is appreciated!

This is a neat little model. I don't recognize it from the films but it's been a while since I've watched ROTS.

It reminds me of models that could be unlocked within the Lego Star Wars games.

Looks like a good side piece to a completed Venator of your scale, nice work.

5 minutes ago, Cjd223 said:

This is a neat little model. I don't recognize it from the films but it's been a while since I've watched ROTS.

Because it was in no movies. And you just admitted to not having watched Rebels :grin:

Reading midi-scale i expected something larger, but nevertheless it's a nice build.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

Just now, m4st3rt3ch said:

Because it was in no movies. And you just admitted to not having watched Rebels :grin:

:look: oops! I'm on the beginning of Rebels Season 3, perhaps I should pay more attention when watching episodes...

@Cjd223 Thanks! Just between the two of us, I have not seen Rebels either :D Not even Clone Wars... don't tell anyone ;) I found interest in this particular ship thanks to this rendering, which I think looks awesome: https://images.app.goo.gl/Lp7iTcfh8RxjM58x8

@m4st3rt3ch Yeah... I should start using some custom label for this scale... I called my Venator MIDI scale and this scales perfectly to it, but I agree that MIDI sets the overall size expectation somewhat higher.