Megbricks

No more city people pack?

I am trying to find out if the people pack from City are gone in 2020. By this time I believe we usually already know if there is one coming up no?

I am hoping they still make new ones. Maybe a construction theme, pirates, farm or any other thème/subtheme. 

Since people packs come out in summer, we might still get 1 Town, and 1 Subtheme pack, set names are not known yet.

Don't worry. I'm sure if there is room for a town planning set, there is room for a people pack. :classic:

Question is......what will it be based off of. I hope it's a downtown people pack. 

Edited by pooda

Yeah a downtown pack!

4 hours ago, pooda said:

Don't worry. I'm sure if there is room for a town planning set, there is room for a people pack. :classic:

Town planning set? I missed something 

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Since people packs come out in summer, we might still get 1 Town, and 1 Subtheme pack, set names are not known yet.

I hope so! I didn’t check that much but is there an idea of what the subtheme will be for this summer?

9 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Town planning set? I missed something 

Most people call them flagship sets. But I like to call them town planning sets as they usually involve buildings that would do horrible on their own like hotels, museums or doughnut shops.

List of town planning sets:

• 2009 - 7641 City Corner <<<< It may have been small, but the City division was just beginning.
  • 2011 - 8408 Public Transport <<<< though that one was more of a vehicle pack than a town planning set. 
  • 2013 - 60026 Town Square 
  • 2015 - 60097 City Square
  • 2018 - 60200 Capital City 
  • 2019 - 60233 Doughnut Shop Opening 
9 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Yeah a downtown pack!

Maybe have some of the workers be nods to Lego Island characters like Pepper or the Infomaniac.

EDIT: Btw, since you're a City fan (I happen to be one too) I'm following you. 

Edited by pooda

4 hours ago, adwind said:

Haven't heard anything yet... and starting to worry already!

I do hope we get one I really like those 

If they don’t do them anymore they at least need to put out more of the small people packs or bring back the starter sets/packs that we had a few years ago. 

Maybe we did not hear from the people pack because it thematically fits the new town d2c set in some way and they did not want to spoil. Just a thought I had, since one smaller town set and the big one are missing so far

3 hours ago, Kallego said:

Maybe we did not hear from the people pack because it thematically fits the new town d2c set in some way and they did not want to spoil. Just a thought I had, since one smaller town set and the big one are missing so far

This very much makes sense.

Last year Ski Resort came out in September.

I say this somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but... what if the plan for this year was an Olympic athletes people pack, and it's getting pushed into next year along with the Olympics themselves?

On 5/2/2020 at 1:05 PM, tafkatb said:

I say this somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but... what if the plan for this year was an Olympic athletes people pack, and it's getting pushed into next year along with the Olympics themselves?

Hmmm possible. I guess we’ll see next year. I really liked the starter packs then I like these.  I’m not into of the new minifig packs That much. The builds that come with it are too small.