Sign in to follow this  
baflo

Securing rounded corners of a wall

Hi everybody,

I want to build a simple cube, but with rounded corners and I'm wondering how I'd best do that. I still know the 2x2 rounded 1/4 corners from my childhood and was wondering how I'd secure those if I stack like 15 of them. I haven't found a legit approach for that and my own one does not look very good:

Lego rounded corner 2019-12-29 081502.png

I would suggest to add a few 3x3 plates with rounded corner (part number 30357) at various points in the column. This part matches the curve of the 2x2 round corner bricks, but allows connections to the side walls.  Or, if there is enough space, you could use part 18980 1/2 circle plate 2x6.

OK, the 3x3 plate sounds good... Thank you!

But would there be other approaches to create a rounded corner instead of the 2x2 brick?

Other approaches to rounded corners would have to involve SNOT techniques and parts such as or similar to this brick. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3hoJiCw09OsSB5ZKPDUU

SNOT's a bit more evolved than I thought, but I've got some time to finish this, so I will consider it :)

Are there any bricks for the top? I was looking for sth like the 3x3 dome top (88293) but don't find any in 2x2. One other hand, I don't find "edges" (opposed to "corners") for the 3x3 curvature.