Mitsman

Brickventures - A co-op fantasy game with bricks!

Good day everyone!

I created this thread here since the media subs do not have much use for a tabletop game and I did not know were else to place it.

Brickventures is a co-op dungeon crawler that is inspired by the heroica game and a hundred other table top games from the depths of time. The primary motive was to create a dungeon crawler that would be suitable for children (ages 8-12) before they are ready for more complicated game like D&D or other tabletop crawlers and also use the Lego bricks that we so much love.

Anyone that wants to try it please leave you critique no matter how harsh it is as my interest is to have a good balanced game. I have no interest in selling or kickstarting for profit, so the game is free for everyone.

So without further delay,

"BRICKVENTURES" draft version.

F9kzbp3.jpg

Zo66ZKF.jpg

rdLnqOZ.jpg

9Nl8IcE.jpg

jb1c6Bk.jpg

a5lS1A6.jpg

TUaf4Nm.jpg

ot9IbN1.jpg

J2xmRmK.jpg

DCsI8Pb.jpg

14JzHZQ.jpg

69Xux9W.jpg

kdAxpND.jpg

4GHmoT0.jpg

EFbFPEy.jpg

qUnBlFt.jpg

H3a0LfG.jpg

vb9nNJs.jpg

3iTb4rt.jpg

AW0ZYNH.jpg

More to follow in the coming days.

Have fun!

Mitsman

Hey Mitsman, that's cool idea! I'm not into tabletop (war)gaming, as I had real bad luck and experiences in the past, but with a group of good friends this might be a blast! ;-)

Hey Aine,

The primary drive to create this was to have an adventure game to play together with my daughter. She loves the Barbarian and to smash heads with hammers and axes! All friends loved it and children around 10-12 years old can't have enough.

Give it a try!

Mitsman

Yeah, I thought about the same: I'd prefer to play this with my family rather than with friends, who can be ultra-competitive at times, and that gets old after two decades of MtG. :laugh:

Hi fellas! Happy 2020!

I guess a lot of playing happened around during vacations...

From my side I have ready another part of the rules. The heroes and their abillities.

So...

0bR5E7u.jpg

c587ree.jpg

COYq6CK.jpg

Be3LYEP.jpg

kpiyMwd.jpg

4d6iuDm.jpg

CXNanuV.jpg

5W3gmL6.jpg

UxDC6dc.jpg

@Aine

Please try it with an open mind. This game is made for friends to bash monsters! By the way, I play MtG too! Since late 1993... so yeah decades here as well!

All the best to everyone and happy new year!!!

Mitsman

Hey guys,

Yes it took me some time to finish the last part but it's now done and done. So, the encounters:

bjpi7xV.jpg

cBc35HF.jpg

FIRGMRL.jpg

TcF77rK.jpg

6EzC5kl.jpg

I hope everyone is healthy and well and maybe with all the restrictions coming up due to the virus, some of you might actually find the time to try the game with your kids and pop me a critique.

Stay home, stay safe and play it out!

Mitsman

Hi Mitsman, I've been reading through your rules and looking forward to trying this. I have a few heroica sets, but not enough pieces (yet) to create an epic board like yours. Also my son is only 4 so standard heroica still works for him! That said I'm really keen to set this up and play with friends at some point.

I haven't played a complex dungeon crawler since I owned heroquest 30 years ago (regretting my mum giving that away now!). So sorry if these questions are common sense to seasoned gamers. A few questions...

1) could you create a printable version? Ie white background?

2) movement. Standard six sided dice for movement? Or a 'heroica' die? What does the 'movement' stat add?

3) fog encounter. How do you prevent visibility? Do you need a DM to take stuff away and add it back as appropriate? Or just reduce ranged attacks.

Awesome, thanks!

Hey randommess,

Wow! you should try some. I have abandoned PC gaming nowadays and have moved to boardgames. Dungeon crawlers were always in my heart and yes Heroquest started it...

1) Look into your messages!

2) Movement is just up to how many squares you can move. I never liked random move so no dice here.

3) the fog encounter was to reduce visibility for the heroes. I did not like how it worked in general so I removed it in the later editions.

Glad you like it!!!

Mitsman

Fantastic. Thanks for your reply. When I manage to build something and try it I'll def give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to seeing edition 2