@Mechbuilds I feel the same way, it could definitely use more detailing. I wanted to add railings and other bits... But sadly, I am out of time. I return to college tomorrow, so I will use what time I have to film my model and to pack. Sometime soon, I hope to have a video up, and then I will post my entry topic.

Feel free to ask questions and such, as for instructions, should enough people desire, I will see about making an LDD or Stud.io file.

Finished already ! I’ve not really started. Your model looks good though.

if you’re on an apple device I use Splice to make my videos it’s a very simple editor. I think it’s free from the AppStore 

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

Finished already ! I’ve not really started. Your model looks good though.

if you’re on an apple device I use Splice to make my videos it’s a very simple editor. I think it’s free from the AppStore 

Thank you, and best of luck to you! I actually use a PC that I custom built myself, but thanks for the suggestion.

@Mechbuilds I'll see what I can do, but most of you out there should be able to do some reverse-engineering...

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

Hello everyone! This is my final build update: I found a spare bit of time to add some more details (lights, railings, chains, etc) and finish the wiring and controls.

I'll have high-quality photos posted sometime tonight, and then a video hopefully in the next week or so. Be watching for an entry post!

I had an awesome time with the build, this is by far the largest build I've ever done, and probably the coolest one aesthetically. There are things I would change, if I had the time... For example, it has some articulation in the center, between  the cab and crane, but the joint is not strong enough to support the vehicle when lifted; it makes some beams flex too far for my liking. I would have liked to add some turntables, for some real support and sturdiness, but alas, no time... Same thing for the front axle, it should be better secured, and there is a lot of slack in the steering. In addition, the fake engine has been disconnected from the drivetrain as it added too much friction. Besides, you can't see the pistons move anyways... I also would have preferred to hide the IR receivers more, but I have no space to do so. in the end, I am happy with the build, especially with its completion in the time that I had. Perhaps over the summer, or even spring break, there will be more changes...

Kudos to @Didumos69 for the original design front axle design, albeit modified. Thanks also to @nico71 for his inspiration with the bodywork design. Finally, thanks to those guys who gave their suggestions and comments along the way!

To everyone competing in TC17, good luck and enjoy the building!

- Leonardo

I gud speelrr...

PHOTOS!!! High-quality, well-lit photos!

Spent some time outside today filming and taking photos, so here are the final photos you have been waiting for!

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

[TC17] Hard-Knock Life

More photos are posted over on my Flickr account if you want to see more this beast. A video will be coming soon! Stay tuned!

- Leonardo

22 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Like the addition of railings.. Adding a chair to the side of the crane for a second pilot would have been a nice touch. 

Yeah, there is a lot more I would have liked to add... Sadly, no time for anymore than I did. Again, perhaps over spring break or the summer, I can add more to it.

It has officially been over one month since I last posted on EuroBricks... One month of classes and exams... One month of late nights and homework and essays and projects... And I finally have found the time to finish the video. As this is my first time making a real, edited video, I would love any and all feedback that you guys have. Please let me know how I did. I hope you like it!

Thanks for watching, feel free to critique it, and my apologies it took so long. I hope it was worth the wait!

Cheers,

- Leonardo

EDIT: Fixed video link...