Hello everyone!

I finally finished my build, made the video, edited the video, aaaannnnnnndddddd..... POSTED THE VIDEO!!!

I would like to say thanks so much to everyone who offered advice and critiques throughout the build process. Please read through the build log below for more information about the truck, but for now, please enjoy the video!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started out with a bit of a classical Mad Max-style build... A hot-rod, with an oversized engine, and high suspension... And nice pointy bits sticking out all over the place. :thumbup:

It has since morphed into a hot-rod mated with monster truck, sprouting a crane from the middle, on Claas tires and requiring 12 shock absorbers... And its motorized! :excited:

Photos will come tomorrow with the sun and the good lighting.

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Edit: Title changed

Alright, here are some photos. And I apologize, I had no sun today, and therefore, I had no  good lighting today. It grew to be a lot bigger than I was expecting. I'm not sure how it's gonna turn out at the moment, I hope I have enough parts to complete it...

[TC17] WIP

EDIT: Fixed photo

Just a quick update, mostly aesthetic... But honestly, tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't want a V-10 engine.

And what do you guys think of the body? I wasn't sure if it should slope down or not in the back, but when I tried it, it didn't look as good, in my opinion. And this way, it fits the IR receivers better, and the rear window frame looks smoother with fewer gaps.

Apologies for the poor photo quality, the light in my room is terrible, and it's after midnight here...

[TC17] WIP

[TC17] WIP

[TC17] WIP

[TC17] WIP

That's quite a menacing build! I like the cabin. The roof leaning forward only adds to its character.

@62Bricks Thank you! I wasn't sure about the design at first, but it seems to be approved, so I appreciate the compliments.

Alright, I apologize, I was hoping to have a driving video tonight, but it would appear that I have some drivetrain issues to work out first... So hopefully I'll be able to post a video this weekend. In addition, the front end is ugly as heck, so ignore it, it needs much work still.

Here are a few teaser photos of the full chassis:

[TC17] WIP Teaser

[TC17] WIP Teaser

As you can see, it fills the shelf I have used in the past for photos... I'm gonna have to take some photos outdoors next time.

The turntable mount on the rear... Well, to live up to the title, its the base for a crane with a wrecking ball. :devil_laugh:

[TC17] WIP Teaser

@Clev Thank you. I'm glad people like this build.

Oh gosh, no! Instructions take forever to make! I might be willing to take detailed photos and make a parts list, but nothing more than that.

And even then, that would be a project for me to do over the summer, school starts in a week for me...

An LDD would do for instructions. Damn this thing is a BEAST! Can't wait to see how the crane will turn out! So many possibilities.. 
Are you going to put weapons on it? The cab could use a mounted machine gun. 

I've used LDD... And with all the suspension, and angles parts, and articulated center joint... No thank you. Not to mention that this would take hours... But I'll see what I can do.

Not sure about weapons... There will be more spikes and such, possibly a ram... but I wasn't planning to have a mounted machine gun or anything like that.

lnBQvrnl.png

This is a very simple machinegun i saw somebody put on a plane here. 
I'd use axle to axle 90 degrees connectors for handles on the back instead of those axle beam connectors. 

Alright, quick update:

I had to make some changes to the drivetrain, those are now finished. Once the chassis is reassembled, I'll do some drive tests. I have also been working on the crane arm, which is now on it's 3rd iteration, and feels decent enough to keep. I'll try to have photos up later tonight... As right now, I have several large pieces of vehicle laying all over the place.

This is my last update, as tomorrow I will be filming, then packing my bags to head off to school. Can anyone recommend free, easy-to-use video editing software?

I completed the crane this afternoon, a rather old-time truss-frame kind of a thing. With a spiked wrecking ball, as promised. Thus, my vehicle has lived up to it's name...

As you can see from the photos... I need to go furniture shopping. It no longer fits my shelf. In either length or height...

[TC17] Teaser

Shoot. I forgot to wash the blood off the shelf after that... incident. :grin: Honestly, no idea what that is. Just thought I'd mention it before someone else did.

[TC17] Teaser

[TC17] Teaser

Better photos will be coming tomorrow, along with a video in the near future. Thanks to all for your input and advice over the course of this build!

- Leonardo

The result is stunning! It breathes the spirit of the contest very well imo. Job well done :thumbup:! And with a time limit as well. I use Movavi for video, but it's not free.

Edited by Didumos69

Very nice, I like it :classic: looks very roubust

If there is such a huge flame coming out of the header, wouldn't there be even bigger flames coming out the exhaust tho? 

I would have replaced the wrecking ball with a 4-barrel Flak turret, but its your build and not mine, and the wrecking ball doesn't run out of ammo, so thats a + :grin:

3 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

The result is stunning! It breathes the spirit of the contest very well imo. Job well done :thumbup:! And with a time limit as well. I use Movavi for video, but it's not free.

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you.

@Didumos69 I looked up the Movavi Editing Software, and it looks like I can get a free trial, or a free download of a limited suite of software. So thank you!

I might PM you further questions, if that's alright with you?

2 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

As Didumos69 said, this MOC is Roadwarrior from pistonhead to toe. :devil:  Good job! Exhaust pipes are my favourite. 

Thank you! I spent at least 2 hours on the exhaust piping.

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Very nice, I like it :classic: looks very robust. If there is such a huge flame coming out of the header, wouldn't there be even bigger flames coming out the exhaust tho? 

I would have replaced the wrecking ball with a 4-barrel Flak turret, but its your build and not mine, and the wrecking ball doesn't run out of ammo, so that's a + :grin:

Surprising, the central joint is not as sturdy as I would like. It's something I want to change, but don't have time to fix. Everything else is pretty sturdy, but the cab has angles, so it is kind of fragile. As for the flames... I ran out of big ones. :grin:

28 minutes ago, shadow_elenter said:

damn that wrecking ball looks painful!

From what set is that thing?
the exhausts look great to! very badass

Thanks, glad you like them! The wrecking ball parts are from the old Hero Factory set 6203: Black Phantom.

I gud speelrr...

The rear bed looks a bit nude.. I'd add a "basket" to the side of the wrecking ball with a chair so it would have a place where the user would sit and control it. Maybe two sticks for "controlling it". Just an idea. 
Also the bed could use 3 studs tall fence around it made out of chains for example. Just to give it a little bit more detail. 

But it did turn out great. I'd add a little bit more detail to it to make it really pop and not look unfinished. 

Don't get me wrong, you've done great work with it.