Sign in to follow this  
LegoDW

Poor sticker quality for 60197

Got the new passenger train for Christmas.  Planning on modifying the engine, build as designed to check it out.  Everything looked good till I put the big stickers on the the yellow front end piece.  The white on the sticker was not very well done.  Getting a lot of bleed thru of the yellow.  Looking on the internet, seeing a lot sets like mine without this problem.  Maybe its just lighting on the pictures?  Also the box my set came in has nice crisp white sticker line/accent as I was expecting.  

Anyways, did TLG change there process for printing white on stickers?  Aware the canopies on the new space sets has some issues, maybe this is similar.  

I bought the disney train on black friday and the dark green was off, and the stickers were too short (as if lego didn't calculate the bigger surface due to the curve).

SYTrgfa.jpg

Edited by Tcm0

Congrats on your Disney train purchase.  My city cannot take a 8 wide train, that said it was very tempting with the price reduction on Black Friday.  Would have been nice if TLG had made your stickers a little longer.  The color looks good from the picture.  I will have to post a picture of mine so everyone can see what I am talking about.  

I agree, stickers gone worse and worse over the years.

The stickers from a lot of recent sets i got are already peeling off and break to bits. I have 75874 and the red camaros stickers are fine, but the one from the black one are ruined.:hmpf_bad:

7 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Both of you need to contact Lego customer service ... The will send new stickers 

They probably will send new stickers, and might solve the problem for the passenger train. The Disney train though, you'll probably just get more of the same. You might want to check out @legoman666 custom stickers mentioned in this other thread... though I'm not sure he included the boiler stripes.

25 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

They probably will send new stickers, and might solve the problem for the passenger train. The Disney train though, you'll probably just get more of the same. You might want to check out @legoman666 custom stickers mentioned in this other thread... though I'm not sure he included the boiler stripes.

When you call CS and tell them stickers are of poor quality, it will do 2 things: 1) It will trigger them sending you a new sticker sheet and most importantly, 2) it will register a Quality Control complaint internally, which, if they get enough of them, will cause them to review and potentially fix the issue with the stickers. Even if you decide to go ahead by ordering from @legoman666, I would still recommend calling LEGO CS just for item 2.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:15 PM, LegoDW said:

Congrats on your Disney train purchase.  My city cannot take a 8 wide train, that said it was very tempting with the price reduction on Black Friday.  Would have been nice if TLG had made your stickers a little longer.  The color looks good from the picture.  I will have to post a picture of mine so everyone can see what I am talking about.  

Pictures would be useful to see what's going on and also to email to LEGO® Customer Service.

Just ask lego customer service for replacement stickers; they are great for helping with this. Heck they sent me a new sticker sheet for the original giant technic porsche because I messed mine up. 

As for the disney train, having stickers that were too short is a design choice. If you want full length, use gold striping tape for your lines. 

17 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

I do not include the stripes, although I can add them for an upcharge. Making the decals go to the edge of the brick generally is not a good idea. If you even slightly misalign the leading edge, the trailing edge will also be misaligned. I generally try to keep stickers within 0.5mm from the edge of brick. So a 1x2 tile is 8x16mm, the max size decal I would put on it is 7x15.

Edited by legoman666

19 hours ago, Phil B said:

When you call CS and tell them stickers are of poor quality, it will do 2 things: 1) It will trigger them sending you a new sticker sheet and most importantly, 2) it will register a Quality Control complaint internally, which, if they get enough of them, will cause them to review and potentially fix the issue with the stickers. Even if you decide to go ahead by ordering from @legoman666, I would still recommend calling LEGO CS just for item 2.

Yes. People need to email LEGO more with issues. Mixed cheese slopes and other small pieces develop cracks real quick. I emailed LEGO all the time about those issues and they have seemed to get better over the years. Always contact LEGO even if you don't want a new piece or sticker sheet.

Here is a picture of the color bleed thru I was discussing.  Actually looks worse in person. See how the yellow is coming thru on the white of the sticker.  The gray is almost as bad, if the dark blue stripe was not separating them not sure you could even tell the difference in color.   IMO not very close to the colors of the bricks.  Excepting better quality from TLG.

In looking on the internet, see some sets that the stickers are much better at matching the colors....more specificity don't have the bleed thru of the yellow under neigh.  That promoted my first question did TLG change the stickers for this sets since it first came out a few years back?  Suspect if I reached out to TLG they would send me replacement stickers exactly like the ones I already have. This was not a cheap set, feel sticker quality should have been better.

train.JPG.142336460eaa51f50b535cdb5b040543.JPG