BrickWild

Brickset Login Now Required to view particular piece in a number of sets...

If I remember correctly, the ability view a particular piece in a number of sets was free for all i.e. without login.:wink:

But as of late 2019, I now have to login which is a bit of a hindrance.:hmpf_bad:

Any explanation as to why the change?

Yeah I mentioned this in another thread and was informed that one can use bricker for the same type of piece lookup. Also been using bricklink a lot more for the same thing ever since the forced login.

Shame cause it was the best. Used to use it a whole lot and even accidentally clicked on ads hundreds of times cause they took up half the screen and popped up on every page.

See, I never noticed this change since I already try to be logged in both for the ability to comment and log my collection as well as to reduce the frankly excessive number of ads. Since there's no membership fee or obligation to use other features of the account, it doesn't hurt to sign up for one just for the convenience.

As an update I haven't hit a login request in the past several uses. If they've changed this then I love them because Brickset has always been my favorite parts and set lookup resource.

Brickset logins are usually fine if you allow cookies. I typically need to login once every 20-30 days or so.