HorcikDesigns

[TC17] Harshharvester (INSTRUCTIONS finished)

The vehicle's functions are aimed to maximize playability, so all controlling knobs and one button are placed on sides and roof. 
1280x933.jpg

The vehicle has working V6 fake engine and 2 rear axle steering with different steering angle (even in maximally mad postapocalyptic world should be some basic rules to build well-behaving vehicles). Steering is controlled with the dkBrown 2×2 round brick on the roof.
Then there is front attachment, that is powered by front wheels, but not continuously, there is a switch operated by 2L liftarm on the roof. The attachment is permanently connected with the vehicle. Rising and tilting of the front attachment are independently controlled by obligatory signal lights from the roof, that are connected to three small LAs (2 rising, 1 tilting).
1280x959.jpg

On the back there is a wrecking arm, that can extend (crank on left side of the vehicle) and elevate (crank on right side).
1280x961.jpg

1280x799.jpg

Next to the crane arm is the Light bullish gray thing, that is in fact the most complicated mechanical device of the truck, a button-operated minelayer. The trigger-button is located right behind the cab and is not clearly visible current photos. By pressing the button you turn the shutter on the end of the minelayer, that releases just 1 "mine" (yellow 2L connector with 1L liftarm). The following mines are stopped from falling by rubber element, that turns in opposite direction and with 1/3 of angle of the shutter.
There is also a tiny machinegun on one side, that is attached to side-mounted platform, that can unfold when needed. It can also be used as bridge to allow passengers of my rig to jump to another car that we meet on the road.
1280x961.jpg
1280x851.jpg

Do you want to hear a backstory of this truck? It was probably found on an abandoned farm in the wastelands and is used mostly as a freelance recovery vehicle. However, if the recovered crew is not generous (fuel is the best gift, right?), this truck can wreck them again in seconds. 

Instructions:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-41429/Horcikdesigns/pdf-harshharvester-custom-madmax-vehicle/#comments

Well, I hope you like it. I enjoyed the build really well, so I would like to say big thanks to organizers.

Well, to be honest, I have never seen any MM movie, and I do not plan to change it in near future, but building road warrior vehicle seemed like serious challenge to me, and also great fun. Almost immediately have I came up with an idea what to build. 

It is supposed to have front chassis from combine harvester, body from tractor or truck (not sure yet), and many manual functions. 

I choose green-tan-gray colour for body and dark red or red on wheels. 

I hope to add updates regularly, at least in form of teaser. 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Another teaser and WIP report. 

O would like to add tow-truck arm and minelayer to tge back, both manually operated. 

All functions will be operated manually. 

Well, this was busy day. 

9 functions! Fake engine, steering, front attachment rotation switch (in making, originally it had permanent drive from front axle) and manipulation, rear towing equipment (winch... or something more badass will be added later), and button-operated weapon. Can you guess what the weapon does? 

Finally an excuse to get brown bricks. :grin:

Little update. More will come soon. 

I added many spikes and replaced some parts with more rusty and 'damaged' counterparts. Brown chain is used for lifting the towing arm. 

Well, here is the promised update. 

Next time I'll add more detail photos of all functions and also a video showing this beast in action!
All photos: https://bricksafe.com/pages/horcikdesigns/tc17-hardvester

I've added some brown details, some rods and bars, machinegun, more spikes, driver seat and steering wheel, more chains, more spikes and chains and even more brown bricks. 

The vehicle's functions are aimed to maximize playability, so all controlling knobs and one button are placed on sides and roof. 
The vehicle has working V6 fake engine and 2 rear axle steering with different steering angle (even in maximally mad postapocalyptic world should be some basic rules to build well-behaving vehicles). Steering is controlled with the dkBrown 2×2 round brick on the roof.
Then there is front attachment, that is powered by front wheels, but not continuously, there is a switch operated by 2L liftarm on the roof. The attachment is permanently connected with the vehicle. Rising and tilting of the front attachment are independently controlled by obligatory signal lights from the roof, that are connected to three small LAs (2 rising, 1 tilting).
On the back there is a wrecking arm, that can extend (crank on left side of the vehicle) and elevate (crank on right side).
Next to the crane arm is the Light bullish gray thing, that is in fact the most complicated mechanical device of the truck, a button-operated minelayer. The trigger-button is located right behind the cab and is not clearly visible current photos. By pressing the button you turn the shutter on the end of the minelayer, that releases just 1 "mine" (yellow 2L connector with 1L liftarm). The following mines are stopped from falling by rubber element, that turns in opposite direction and with 1/3 of angle of the shutter.
There is also a tiny machinegun on one side, that is attached to side-mounted platform, that can unfold when needed. It can also be used as bridge to allow passengers of my rig to jump to another car that we meet on the road.

Do you want to hear a backstory of this truck? It was probably found on an abandoned farm in the wastelands and is used mostly as a freelance recovery vehicle. However, if the recovered crew is not generous (fuel is the best gift, right?), this truck can wreck them again in seconds. 

Thank you for this contest, it was great excuse to myself to buy some brown bricks I always wanted but never needed. 

Hope you like my entry, and please let me know in comments what would you change.
And I hope that the rear hook does not violate the rule about cutting bricks. The end link of the chain cracked after stepping on it approx 10 years ago.

800x482.jpg
800x573.jpg
800x601.jpg
800x634.jpg

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Awesome build. The machine gun looks  awesome detailed. I am curious how it looks with a some more "aggressive" wheels.

Might be me ... but the 18940 part( crane rack) seem a bit distracting in the color theme.

Just now, Clawp said:

Awesome build. The machine gun looks  awesome detailed. I am curious how it looks with a some more "aggressive" wheels.

Might be me ... but the 18940 part( crane rack) seem a bit distracting in the color theme.

Thanks!  I tried to use LBG version of the part (18940), but the red looks better. It goes with the front rims and adds some life to rest of the faded body.

I'm loving this contest, creativity unleashed.

Also the use of colors and spikes like in this model make everything blend nicely... or harshly.

There is now a pattern of colors and design that truly makes these contest entries feel related to Mad Max and to each other.

By the way.. Harshvester!

@MangaNOID Thanks!

@aol000xw Yes, that's true. Personally, I'm not into MadMax stuff, but I really enjoyed building this MOC. 

16 hours ago, aol000xw said:

There is now a pattern of colors and design that truly makes these contest entries feel related to Mad Max and to each other

I slightly worry about this, because all entries will look too similar to each other. 

@Ctan Thanks! I am glad that you like my entry. 

Nice Functions and color scheme. I love to see that you used the early technic tyres.
Just one thing about the video, the texts goes pretty fast, almost too fast.

Great model I like the layout with two steering axles at the back. The colors and the number of functions are impressive. Cool details in the style of Mad Max