Hi,  I'm really happy to present you my latest project, the Liebherr LTM 1070-4.2. 

49246411706_e3bd5cb338_b.jpg

Liebherr LTM 1070-4.2 by Dawid Szmandra, on Flickr

I've never been a fan of making instructions, but some people asked me for instructions for my LTM 1750 and LR 11000, Bricklink also released a great tool, Stud.io 2.0, where you can do almost anything, so I decided to try my hand here. This is my third version of this crane, the previous ones I made in 2012 and 2013. The current one was created from scratch, and from the beginning I did it with a view to making instructions, so it is quite simple and fun to build and I tried to limit illegal techniques. But it's still much harder to build than LEGO sets, so if you want to buy instructions, keep that in mind.

49246418751_55253e0f49_c.jpg

The model consists 2777 parts, 7 motors, 2 section boom. Quite interesting is boom erection. I used for that a core with many worm screws that move the rack connected to the second section. It takes up little space and fits in the middle of the second section. The connection to the valve is also slightly different. A pneumatic cylinder is connected to the middle outlet of Valve. To the side inlets, respectively, are connected compressor and "exhaust" with limited air flow.. This allows the boom to fall slowly.

More photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmK8XFiA

You can also like my new FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Dawid-Szmandras-Cranes-107592950745684

Instructions can be bought here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-33014

Some screenshots below.

49246606382_588a356bc9_c.jpg

49246602217_0562c9773b_c.jpg

49245928853_a6cea00710_c.jpg

49245924093_0db43a7475_c.jpg

49246598167_d8f5ec3f5c_c.jpg

Edited by Dawid_Szmandra

That is absolutely stunningly beautiful! :wub_drool: It seems to work super smoothly as well. I can't believe it's only 2700 pieces... Awesome job, well done!

3 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

That is absolutely stunningly beautiful! :wub_drool: It seems to work super smoothly as well. I can't believe it's only 2700 pieces... Awesome job, well done!

With 2700 pieces plus 7 motors it would cost a fortune! Agree it’s amazing and I wish this was a kit one could buy

As an operator of a Liebherr ltm1130 5.1 i really like what you´ve made. Keep up the good work with building Liebherr´s

Wow! Very impressive how you have combined functions with perfect form! Normally I am more into pure Technic building, but when I see what you have achieved with combining Technic with standard bricks, I have to admit that this is other level stuff. And then to imagine that you write that this a simplified version! :laugh_hard: I have bought the instructions to support your effort, but also to understand how you have created this masterpiece!

You brought this on a whole new level now! Congratulations.

I think it should look cool under you Xmas crane. ???

Edited by Mysh

How fast does it drop the boom, because you don't show it in the video and after reading your explanation it makes me wonder whether it works reasonably. I guess it is a very crafty solution, but should come with the cost of limiting the maximum load capacity. Thank you so much.

Edited by Mysh

On 12/24/2019 at 11:13 AM, Maaboo35 said:

What 42108 should have been.

Then the 42108 would have been in a TOTALLY different price class.

Dawid_Szmandra, very nice build!

WOW it is an incredible model !! And with instructions !

If you plan to make instructions for your bigger models it would be for sure a planetary success !!

WOW it is an incredible model !! And with instructions !

If you plan to make instructions for your bigger models it would be for sure a planetary success !!

Hello dawid love the design of this fabolous crane which i will build in the future and your design on the bigger version when you decide to release the instructions.i am from the uk and i will like to bring to your attention on ebay where your design is available with all the parts included.i no you took time in designing the crane gathering the parts and make the instructions which is very time comsuming and tedius. Just give you a heads up.