Jim

[TC17] Technic Mad Max Contest - Information Topic

4 hours ago, Seasider said:

Anyone going to be cheeky and ask @Jim for extra time ? ?

Let's talk about this on February 24:laugh:  :grin:

@Jim Could you clarify, "combined pictures (4 in 1)" - is it the only allowed format for combined photos? Or we can use any quantity of pictures (2 in 1, 3 in 1...)?

3 hours ago, desert752 said:

@Jim Could you clarify, "combined pictures (4 in 1)" - is it the only allowed format for combined photos? Or we can use any quantity of pictures (2 in 1, 3 in 1...)?

You can use any quantity. However, I wouldn't recommend doing a 100 in 1 :tongue:

On 2/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

There's no need to add extra elements like shark tornadoes or zombies, imo. But whatever, the looks of a post apocalyptic vehicule aimed at fighting zombies still is largely compatible with the Mad Max universe, I guess.

Or not. Frankly, I can't imagine a flying zombie killing tank in any Mad Max movie. :look:

@Jim, I have all the parts, but had no time to finish my build because of a skiing vacation. Is there any chance we get a little more time?

On 2/13/2020 at 10:45 AM, Seasider said:

Anyone going to be cheeky and ask @Jim for extra time ? ?

Maybe we need to deduct points from the scores of late entries :laugh:

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

@Jim, I have all the parts, but had no time to finish my build because of a skiing vacation. Is there any chance we get a little more time?

Define little more time :tongue:

You are lucky that I don't have time to close it the next couple of days anyway, so I can keep it open for a bit.

1 minute ago, Horace T said:

Jim,

How many more days do we get ?

H

I am quite busy Tuesday and Wednesday evening, so I will closing the contest Thursday evening.

I was wondering about one of the rules, specifically:

A discussion topic needs to show some actual progress (i.e. pictures of the build in progress) and should NOT be used to "reserve an idea".

Now, this can be interpreted in two ways:

1- Don't make empty topics just to claim an idea
2- Every TC17 topic needs to have work-in-progress pictures to be eligible in the competition. 

Pretty sure point 1 is true no matter what. But how about point 2? There's a lot of topics popping up with no work in progress pictures, just a finished model. 

Edited by mahjqa
I spel gud

@Jim Man, if I had seen you weren't closing this for another couple days... I wouldn't have freaked out. But hey, I got my video edited and posted in record time! Probably took two hours. Thanks for running this contest! Really glad I finally got my entry in.

14 hours ago, Jim said:

Define little more time :tongue:

Few days.

14 hours ago, Jim said:

I am quite busy Tuesday and Wednesday evening, so I will closing the contest Thursday evening.

That's awesome, thanks!

20 hours ago, mahjqa said:

Now, this can be interpreted in two ways:

1- Don't make empty topics just to claim an idea
2- Every TC17 topic needs to have work-in-progress pictures to be eligible in the competition. 

Pretty sure point 1 is true no matter what. But how about point 2? There's a lot of topics popping up with no work in progress pictures, just a finished model. 

It is indeed 1. But we might want to think about 2 as well. We do contests to see cool stuff and follow the progress (i.e. make the forum active and interesting). I will keep this in mind for future contests.

---

By the way; some models were posted on the frontpage for a couple of hours. These models have mistakenly been featured and my tool posted them on the frontpage. I removed them, since we don't frontpage topics before the contest ends. Sorry for the confusion.

3 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Thanks @Jim, all clear now ! 

:thumbup:

On 2/23/2020 at 6:46 PM, Jim said:

I just entered. Thanks for the extra time!

I've been having trouble making my entry, so I was just wondering when evening is for you Jim, so I don't end up submitting too late. 

I will close the contest tomorrow evening. 

Thanks, that helps a lot. It seems I'm not the only one who's a little late ...

Thanks for creating another great inspiring EB contest! 

Wow, that was close. But I'm done! Now it's time to come back to a normal life and clean up my rooms (yes, I have devastated more then one room during this contest). 

That was really fun! Thanks to @Jim for creating this contest and give us additional time.

Good luck to all contestants.

Seems I've pushed it right to the wire, time to sort all the pieces I've accumulated in my work area back into their spots.

It was indeed fun, and taught me that:

A: I'm not that good at gearboxes

B: steering systems are a pain

C: Don't try to use Bricksafe for videos

D: Ya'll are amazing, I'm not expecting to win, but it was a fun (if frustrating at times) challenge.

May the best post-apocalyptic-vehicle win!

P.S. thanks so much for the extra time Jim, my entry would have been pretty sad without it.

Edited by MisteryMan
P.S.

14 hours ago, MisteryMan said:

C: Don't try to use Bricksafe for videos 

Bricksafe straight to the point! Also encountered this)