Jim

[TC17] Technic Mad Max Contest - Information Topic

Max’s world doesn’t have zombies just Tribes of people. Just look at cars from Fury Road or Thunderdome. Spikes on wheels or over the body shell. Not many guns

40 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Max’s world doesn’t have zombies just Tribes of people. Just look at cars from Fury Road or Thunderdome. Spikes on wheels or over the body shell. Not many guns

While you are right, you never know what you will find in the Wastelands. Better safe than sorry :laugh:

What about hitechnic sensors? They have been sold through the official lego store and have the shape of original lego sensors

What about sd cards (for the ev3)? You need one to use specific operating systems like ev3dev (unofficial) or micropython (official)

What about usb hardware for the ev3 like wifi dongles and bluetooth dongles that were not made by lego (but in case of the wifi dongle officially supported)?

What about 3rd party hardware to run powered up programs like tablets with the official app or pcs with unofficial software?

We usually don’t have any EV3 contestants. 

I’m okay with dongles and sd cards etc to run custom software on the EV3. Other than that, I like to know the specific setup.

Lovely, Mad Marx you ask, Mad Marx you get! 

Can we use Bionicle parts? it started out as Technic, but..

You can use some, but please don’t turn it into a Bionicle MOC. 

That is obviously fine. After all, those Bionicle parts look like things you would find in the Wastelands :laugh: 

Thanks Jim, the bionicle parts will be used to spike/spice it up a bit, the base will of course be Technic.

Definitely not a technic fan (a cannon and a sloop is what I would have built for the wastelands) but I faved this topic because it is really as cool as Antarctica!!! Eagerly waiting for your ideas/builds guys! 

I really like the idea behind this contest!  Sounds great!  I haven't built anything in a few years, but I might have a go at this contest, if time permits.

When I lived in California, there was a guy in town who had made a larger-than-life Radio Flyer wagon that could seat 8 people, and somehow, he got it motorized AND THEN got it street legal. Had plates and everything... So yeah, I think you could totally do this and survive the apocalypse.

Does it have to be a desert wasteland, or could we build something meant for snow instead? If Australia turned into a desert, than the US could be covered by a glacier.

But Antarctica is also uninhabited. I was thinking about creating a half-track dune(drift?) buggy, meant to outrun rather than fight. Weapons optional.

10 hours ago, The_Tinkerer said:

Does it have to be a desert wasteland, or could we build something meant for snow instead? If Australia turned into a desert, than the US could be covered by a glacier.

I wouldn't wanna keep you stranded, so by all means....do it!

And welcome to EB! Have fun!

Is it possable use with offical lego product? like use 42078 and color and shape changing.

14 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Is it possable use with offical lego product? like use 42078 and color and shape changing.

In Dutch I would say "Wat denk je zelf?!". In English I will stick to "No".

The purpose of the contest is to create a MOC not a MOD. Of course, you can use certain techniques, but please refrain from copying official models.

26 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Some inspiration:

That pretty much sums it up :laugh:

Good to see a lot more WIP threads for this completion than the Mars one. I’ll hopefully post a starter image this afternoon.