Jim

[TC17] Technic Mad Max Contest - Information Topic

49256855213_43094f1f3e_c.jpg

TECHNIC MAD MAX CONTEST - INFORMATION TOPIC
After several years of nuclear war, mankind has managed to wipe out humanity as we know it. Well, almost. Around the globe, survivors struggle to build an existence. An existence, where survival is dependent on having a proper vehicle.

DESCRIPTION
Build yourself a vehicle to survive the wastelands of a near-future post-apocalyptic world. Road, sea, air, whatever you think is best to improve your odds for survival.

DEADLINE
The deadline date is Monday, the 24th of February 2020. The contest will be closed on Tuesday, the 25th of February, OR LATER.

Disclaimer: I will close the contest when I see fit, and when I have the time to process the results. This can be later than the deadline date. Please don't complain about this not being fair and all.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following section describes the contest-specific and general rules and regulations. But before that, please take notice of a simple motto regarding the Eurobricks Contests:

CONTESTS ARE FOR FUN!

Of course, there's competition, but at the end of the day, LEGO is just a hobby and the main goal for each of us is to have fun!

CONTEST SPECIFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Each entry needs to have a name (no name, no entry).
  • Model Team style building is not permitted. You can use system parts but keep it mainly Technic.
  • Mindstorms and LEGO Electronics are permitted.
  • SBrick, Buwizz and PFxBrick are permitted.
  • 3rd party Strings, Hoses and Rubber Bands are permitted.
  • 3rd party tires are not permitted.
  • Other 3rd party parts are not permitted.
  • There is no size limit. 

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS

• The contest is open to all EB members (also new members).
  • Members can be banned from voting (when vote rigging is suspected).
  • Voting rules will be explained later in the voting topic.
  • One entry per member.
  • Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously or shown at an event/LUG meeting).
  • Only physical builds, so no LDD or other virtual entry.
  • If you have any doubts about the suitability of your entry contact me, or Milan.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Custom stickers are allowed.
  • No cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in the entry topic in this forum.
  • Entries not in the entry topic are not eligible for voting.
  • The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • The contest might be closed later than the deadline. Don't complain about this not being fair.
  • You have enough time to build. Don't ask for more time.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
  • These rules can be changed whenever we see fit to ensure that people follow the intent of the contest.
  • Jury members are not eligible to participate.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?
All participants need to create a discussion topic and create a post in the entry topic.

DISCUSSION TOPIC

• A discussion topic starting with [TC17].
  • A discussion topic needs to show some actual progress (i.e. pictures of the build in progress) and should NOT be used to "reserve an idea".

ENTRY POST
The entry post in the entry topic should contain:

• Entry name.
  • One or more pictures (max 3 of max 1024x1024).
  • Embedded video (mandatory).
  • Link to the discussion topic.

VOTING
The voting scheme will be public voting only, but only by members who have 50 posts or more. If you have fewer posts, you can vote, but your votes will be automatically excluded from the tally. 

Voting criteria are (in no particular order):

• Originality.
  • Looks (shape, color scheme, etc).
  • Quality of the build.
  • Functionality.

PRIZES
The prize structure will be simple. 

1st PRIZE: WINNER OF THE CONTEST
42082-1.png

2nd PRIZE: SECOND PLACE

42077-1.png

3rd PRIZE: THIRD PLACE
42093-1.png

(Prize distribution is an example. The winner gets to choose, then second and finally third

I knew you guys (and gals) would be excited :tongue:

Despite the silence on the forum...the excitement is on! Great topic and great prizes Jim! Thank you very much for the arrangement. It's been so long since I've managed to compete and I really hope that this time I actually do.

Just now, MajklSpajkl said:

Despite the silence on the forum...the excitement is on! Great topic and great prizes Jim! Thank you very much for the arrangement. It's been so long since I've managed to compete and I really hope that this time I actually do.

Cool.

I was afraid that I didn't have to answer all kinds of difficult questions :laugh: :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

Cool.

I was afraid that I didn't have to answer all kinds of difficult questions :laugh: :tongue:

Oh they are coming all right! I bet you'll feel like Santa reading all those questions by Tuesday :grin:

My thought process:

Hmmm, post apocalyptic, mad max style, well they have these crazy vehicles. Sometimes vehicles merged with other vehicles. That sounds cool! What about a kinda hot rod type of thing, with a front loader mounted to it to flip cars over. Or bigger, what about a truck! Ah yes that's good. But a front loader attachment on a truck might look kinda small, so what about an whole whopping great big excavator with the tracks cut off! Hey yeah that's more like it, ooooh and I could make it look like it's attached to the fifth wheel of the truck so it swivels! Now I'm onto something! Add some crazy post apocalyptic bull bar on the front, hey wait, I've just inadvertently designed the 8868 air tech claw rig! Oh wow, and I could even call it the AIR TECH WAR RIG! PERFECT!

Me after reading a comment I wrote just yesterday sarcastically saying there would be half a dozen war rigs:

Aw crap! Oh well, I can always be a jury member :laugh:

Edited by allanp

9 minutes ago, allanp said:

Hmmm, post apocalyptic, mad max style, well they have these crazy vehicles. Sometimes vehicles merged with other vehicles. That sounds cool! What about a kinda hot rod type of thing, with a front loader mounted to it to flip cars over. Or bigger, what about a truck! Ah yes that's good. But a front loader attachment on a truck might look kinda small, so what about an whole whopping great big excavator with the tracks cut off! Hey yeah that's more like it, ooooh and I could make it look like it's attached to the fifth wheel of the truck so it swivels! Now I'm onto something! Add some crazy post apocalyptic bull bar on the front, hey wait, I've just inadvertently designed the 8868 air tech claw rig! Oh wow, and I could even call it the AIR TECH WAR RIG! PERFECT!

This sounds about right :laugh:

9 minutes ago, allanp said:

Aw crap! Oh well, I can always be a jury member :laugh:

AND a contestant.

10 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Oh they are coming all right! I bet you'll feel like Santa reading all those questions by Tuesday :grin:

:excited:

@Jim  On the road warrior theme, does our models needs to be based off vehicle on the movie or can be made up  from any vehicle but as long it is a road warrior theme? and recently China has produced a clone buggy motors that Lego doesn't make any more.  It's called "Monster motor" and are they allowable since Lego doesn't make the buggy motor anymore ? or no. and sign me up.. i'll like to enter the contest!!

Edited by sirslayer

Basically you can build any type of vehicle, road warrior style. Actually, we prefer made up vehicles instead of copies.

Allowed third party parts are in the rules. But to answer your question; no clone brand buggy motors.

A new competition! I’m still trying to build my TC16 in Stud.io

So basically build a stupid Vehicle

I’m about to go away for Christmas so hopefully that’ll give me some thinking time. Hopefully January will deliver some build time!

Gah, why does this always happen when I'm about to head on a trip away from my collection? Oh well, I'll have plenty of time when I come back. This might just be the most open ended contest we have had ever.

4 hours ago, Nebulaire said:

This might be my first technic contest on EB :classic:

You are more than welcome!

6 hours ago, That_LEGO_Guy said:

no 3rd party parts. time to put away the RC tires and bust out the PowerPullers

Sounds like a plan! You can definitely use PP wheels in the wasteland.

4 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Gah, why does this always happen when I'm about to head on a trip away from my collection? Oh well, I'll have plenty of time when I come back. This might just be the most open ended contest we have had ever.

Maybe I can set the deadline date a week or two later btw. And yes, it's quite open-ended this time. Go nuts, have fun!

Now this is a contest to my liking :laugh: I will definitely try to participate, hope my free time allows it. Thanks a lot Jim :thumbup: Good luck to you all!

I have changed the closing date to the 24th of February, so you will have two full months, and a bit, to build something cool.

23 hours ago, Jim said:

*snip* But to answer your question; no clone brand buggy motors.

Good thing I happen to have three original Lego ones! I'm on break now, I just hope I can get a model finished in the three weeks I have before my next semester...

EDIT: Is the max number of photos 3? Or can I include more photos of a smaller size?

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

On 12/23/2019 at 9:10 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Good thing I happen to have three original Lego ones! I'm on break now, I just hope I can get a model finished in the three weeks I have before my next semester...

EDIT: Is the max number of photos 3? Or can I include more photos of a smaller size?

I'm really happy you are posting your questions. I was afraid this contest would be without me saying "the answer is stated in the rules" :laugh:

Anyway, max three pictures (like the rules state hehe). You can combine several smaller pictures into one picture, but I recommend simply posting three clear pictures and post any extra pictures in your discussion topic.

Happy holidays and happy building!

Thanks for very interesting contest!

Jim, what about zombie-killing equipment? Is it a part of post-apocalyptic world?

4 hours ago, desert752 said:

Thanks for very interesting contest!

Jim, what about zombie-killing equipment? Is it a part of post-apocalyptic world?

I’d say you can’t go wrong with some killing equipment :thumbup: 

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’d say you can’t go wrong with some killing equipment :thumbup: 

Bad news for zombies :)))