2mpaired

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer - The Eviscerator

On 12/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, rockpig said:

Hi Sandtrooper,

I made a spreadsheet with parts per book for V1.0. Link is below. The last tab has upload instructions. PM me with any questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uuDGBXKjZyVZi03Y_6aazYSgdQLUKs9X/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=103380441644806059648&rtpof=true&sd=true

Good luck,

rockpig

Rockpig,

I can't thank you enough for the time you put into the spreadsheet. It will make the sorting by book so much easier! The depth and functionality of the spreadsheet are incredible. I have been able to upload all eight inventories to Bricklink for sorting when time allows. I am mainly using Bricklink to more easily see what a given piece looks like.

There are a couple of part numbers in the inventory that Bricklink no longer accepts when uploading and wanted to make you aware.

Row 75 has 40345 - Bricklink requires 32532

Row 431 has 40344 - BL requires 32531

Row 432 has 40345 - BL again requires 32532

Thanks again for creating and making the spreadsheet available!

Glad I could help. Thanks for the update. I'll apply it to my master spreadsheet.

Enjoy the build!

BTW- On larger MOCS, like this one, the spreadsheet can be used to make bags per book or bags per pages. Right now, I'm starting to work on CaveGod's AT-M6 and making bags for every 50 pages of the 3200+ pages of instructions. That's about 65 bags worth of parts to sort out. Much better than trying to pick pieces out of tubs with 25,000 parts. Not sure if it saves time in the long run, but it saves time during the build.

I received an email that the instructions for this have been updated to version 3.0.  Anyone know what changes were made? Also since I just completed an inventory to see what pieces are still missing, I would like to know what changes in the inventory there are. The new instructions are almost a 5 gb download, so haven't finished the download at this time.

@sandtrooper When I built mine, there were some visual glitch in the instructions, from what I understand, they fixed that.

An email that accompanied the update specified that nothing changed for the model itself:

The instructions have been updated (now 3.0) and the build pages have become easier to read. No changes were made to the build or partlist, just some of the steps in the instructions were given a better view.

You should be fine.

32 minutes ago, sandtrooper said:

I received an email that the instructions for this have been updated to version 3.0.  Anyone know what changes were made? Also since I just completed an inventory to see what pieces are still missing, I would like to know what changes in the inventory there are. The new instructions are almost a 5 gb download, so haven't finished the download at this time.

Nothing is different in the model. There was discrepancies in the parts list which was fixed as well as some steps that have the model out of frame. These were fixed as well. Everything should be fixed and good to go, sorry for any delays and/or confusion this may have caused.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:47 AM, rockpig said:

Hi Sandtrooper,

I made a spreadsheet with parts per book for V1.0. Link is below. The last tab has upload instructions. PM me with any questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uuDGBXKjZyVZi03Y_6aazYSgdQLUKs9X/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=103380441644806059648&rtpof=true&sd=true

Good luck,

rockpig

This is awesome! Thanks for doing this, I'll use it myself next time I need to rebuild it!

I am building this monster at the moment and have never seen such a solid structure built out of LEGO bricks!
If ever my house will be hit by an earthquake, I am sure The Eviscerator will survive it! 

Three layers of technic bricks with plates inbetween, braced with technic liftarms. Unbelievable!
The frame at the moment weighs 3 kilograms...

Frame.jpg?raw=1

Handsdown the best ISD MOC to date! Just picked up the Instructions! Gonna modify my Devestator next…

Edited by Canuck33

It is THE BEST Star Destroyer out there. I've made all of the other large SSD's. His bridge is the only one that seems to be stable and solid.

57 minutes ago, rockpig said:

It is THE BEST Star Destroyer out there. I've made all of the other large SSD's. His bridge is the only one that seems to be stable and solid.

^ISD

Significantly different type of ship ;)

now if you really did make 14+ foot long ships- pics please :D

Very robust build. I was able to spear a wild boar with the frame before continuing on the panels.

Edited by rockpig

I just finished building this graceful ISD designed by 2 impairs. I can say it's something like a sculpture, a real piece of art! The result is so impressive that I could imagine going on with a recreation of the Tector-class destroyer. 

The problem with the Starwars saga is that in my opinion no other designs are able to compete with the paradoxically both futuristic and archaïcal look of the ISD class destroyer. The Tector class with his adding superstructure and heavier guns is the only one which could aestetically compete with the Mark I /II ISD.

I'm nearing the end of the build being half-way through Book 7. I just wanted to extend thanks to 2mpaired for such a robust, detailed design. The bridge has been one of my favorite parts due to the cleverness of the design. I really admire the skill required to design MOCs and the dedication to then generate directions.

Also wanted to thank rockpig for creating inventories for each instruction book. It made what could have been an overwhelming build much easier to manage.