2mpaired

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer - The Eviscerator

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the forums!

I'm skipping around in the instructions, building all sorts of random sub-assemblies out of order.  Any Technic liftarm can be pretty much any color you want.  About the only exception being the L-shaped black liftarms that are sandwiched between the pillar halves of the display stand.  Everything else is well concealed.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that any color other than black and light grey (LBG) can be substituted.  Personally, I'm thankful for color differences in the instructions here and there - makes building a bit easier.

Also, I'm using an extensive mixture of 'old' light grey and light blueish grey for a weathered look.  I really like the results.

Finally, I found it very helpful to browse through all the instruction books ahead of building to get a sense of what's hidden, and what's on full display - your questions will definitely be answered.  Have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 6:00 AM, lowlead said:

I'm skipping around in the instructions, building all sorts of random sub-assemblies out of order.  Any Technic liftarm can be pretty much any color you want.  About the only exception being the L-shaped black liftarms that are sandwiched between the pillar halves of the display stand.  Everything else is well concealed.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that any color other than black and light grey (LBG) can be substituted.  Personally, I'm thankful for color differences in the instructions here and there - makes building a bit easier.

Thank you for this information.  That's roughly what I assumed based the finished model, but it's great to get confirmation from someone who is further along in the process!

I've been digging around the manual and I still can't find the 2 LBG turntables. But to your point, I thin I can easily swap those for LG.

I really appreciate your insight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are actually ten 3679 Turntable Tops, eight of which exist at the very tips of each of the four main panels (re: Books 3 & 5)

Here are some build photos:

Image is link

XfDQmkRt.jpg
1hMvqwFt.jpg
fZVFBNst.jpg
0KwPIP1t.jpg
a6OamK9t.jpg
PLlbcidt.jpg
C3aMSH0t.jpg
tGbPGuet.jpg?1
UuFVvNFt.jpg
7GiMQYWt.jpg
jGyPUhNt.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, salaciouscrumbphd said:

Thank you for this information.  That's roughly what I assumed based the finished model, but it's great to get confirmation from someone who is further along in the process!

I've been digging around the manual and I still can't find the 2 LBG turntables. But to your point, I thin I can easily swap those for LG.

I really appreciate your insight!

I think you are saying the turntable base? 3680 ? If so, that must be an older parts list. I've sent an updated one to brickvault just in case. But the build does not call for those bases. It did in one of the earlier versions, but because it was so rare, I just threw a 2x2 plate there instead. It was originally making the tractor beam arrays on the bottom spin. Kind of a pointless feature for the price of that piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 2mpaired!

While you're around, allow me to thank you again for making these instructions available through BrickVault!  It's an incredible achievement and proved a most challenging project, for sure!

Your internal frame design is a true masterpiece of over-engineering :head_back: and it's very satisfying to know that it would support just about anything!  All the external detail would occasionally become tedious and rather delicate in certain areas, but the final payoff is well worth the effort - it looks like an ILM model!!  In retrospect, I understand that each and every design choice was in pursuit of 'movie model' accuracy.  The finished product is mesmerizing to behold, and I'm very fortunate to have one occupying my kitchen counter.  Now...to find a permanent spot for it! 

Edited by lowlead
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lowlead Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy you love the build! It was one that I indeed put blood sweat and tears into. I really wished I released it where it is at now originally. Would have been a little less of headache for people I know who took on this build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished the monarch when I saw this :( 

 

how many pieces do they have in common?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Almost 8000 parts in common...

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-23556&1-inv=34177&1-user_list=&2-set=&2-user_list=65044

The missing parts can be found in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f6c7rn1d4b9od4/brickstore_parts_the-eviscerator-vs-isd-monarch.bsx?dl=0

NOTE: This is based on V1 partslist. I don't own a V2 partslist. May be @2mpaired is willing to share one?

Edited by Theo van Vroenhoven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 9:22 AM, 2mpaired said:

I think you are saying the turntable base? 3680 ? If so, that must be an older parts list. I've sent an updated one to brickvault just in case. But the build does not call for those bases. It did in one of the earlier versions, but because it was so rare, I just threw a 2x2 plate there instead. It was originally making the tractor beam arrays on the bottom spin. Kind of a pointless feature for the price of that piece.

Thank you for clarifying regarding 3680. I guess I had the old list because I was pulling my hair out trying to find where you used them in the instructions!

I re-downloaded the files from bricklink and did notice that even the new NEW parts list is missing the very important x4 Technic, Link 1 x 6 without Stoppers (part 2739a). Hopefully there isn't anything else missing because I'm about to start my build and was using the first ISD 2.0 parts list that was released as my inventory. If you do notice any other pieces missing, please let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 6:27 AM, Theo van Vroenhoven said:

Almost 8000 parts in common...

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-23556&1-inv=34177&1-user_list=&2-set=&2-user_list=65044

The missing parts can be found in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f6c7rn1d4b9od4/brickstore_parts_the-eviscerator-vs-isd-monarch.bsx?dl=0

NOTE: This is based on V1 partslist. I don't own a V2 partslist. May be @2mpaired is willing to share one?

Thanks! Hopefully he’ll share 2.0;  I have the monarch but I want to upgrade to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 5:27 AM, Theo van Vroenhoven said:

Almost 8000 parts in common...

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-23556&1-inv=34177&1-user_list=&2-set=&2-user_list=65044

The missing parts can be found in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f6c7rn1d4b9od4/brickstore_parts_the-eviscerator-vs-isd-monarch.bsx?dl=0

NOTE: This is based on V1 partslist. I don't own a V2 partslist. May be @2mpaired is willing to share one?

On 4/6/2021 at 5:09 AM, Naixin said:

Thanks! Hopefully he’ll share 2.0;  I have the monarch but I want to upgrade to this.

So you should have received an email from BrickVault with the updated parts list and instructions for the destroyer 2.0. If you have not, please reach out to them as I was told that anyone who had purchased the model before would automatically be notified with a download link to the revision.

 

On 3/31/2021 at 7:00 PM, Lego Spotlight said:

Thank you for clarifying regarding 3680. I guess I had the old list because I was pulling my hair out trying to find where you used them in the instructions!

I re-downloaded the files from bricklink and did notice that even the new NEW parts list is missing the very important x4 Technic, Link 1 x 6 without Stoppers (part 2739a). Hopefully there isn't anything else missing because I'm about to start my build and was using the first ISD 2.0 parts list that was released as my inventory. If you do notice any other pieces missing, please let me know!

Oh no! Please let me know if you come across any other discrepancies. I will get that change and send it off to BV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 2mpaired said:

So you should have received an email from BrickVault with the updated parts list and instructions for the destroyer 2.0. If you have not, please reach out to them as I was told that anyone who had purchased the model before would automatically be notified with a download link to the revision.

 

Oh no! Please let me know if you come across any other discrepancies. I will get that change and send it off to BV.

Sorry what I meant was a parts list of what I need for 2.0 if I have the monarch built. 
 

I can probably do it manually myself; I was just being lazy haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently bought the instructions for the Eviscerator for May 4th.  My Monarch is being used as a donor for a portion of the pieces.  For those that have gotten the parts for the Eviscerator, did you use Pick a Brick to get bulk amounts of pieces?  If so which ones?  Looks like that may be the way to go for tiles since Lego's shipping charge is relative cheap.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, sandtrooper said:

...Looks like that may be the way to go for tiles since Lego's shipping charge is relative cheap.  Thanks....

I would agree - as long as you have no specific time frame in mind to build it.  Orders from LEGO Bricks & Pieces/PaB can take weeks, and I had a window of opportunity earlier this year to build the Eviscerator uninterrupted with some time off from work.  So I opted for the more expensive route (much faster shipping) and used Bricklink exclusively from domestic sellers.

In the meantime I have two pending orders from Bricks & Pieces and I have no idea when those will arrive.

Edited by lowlead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at 95% pieces collected and have a few questions about part variations. Hopefully 2mpaired or someone else can help out. :)

Can 2444 be replaced with 10247?
Can 4460a be replaced with 4460b? Not sure if there's a difference in the angle on these?
Can 30554b be replaced with 54662? 7 vs 9 teeth, does that make a difference?
Can all U-clips be replaced with O-clips?

Is there any particular reason for a certain mold or can I use the newer molds? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, danielwerner said:

I'm at 95% pieces collected and have a few questions about part variations. Hopefully 2mpaired or someone else can help out. :)

Can 2444 be replaced with 10247?
Can 4460a be replaced with 4460b? Not sure if there's a difference in the angle on these?
Can 30554b be replaced with 54662? 7 vs 9 teeth, does that make a difference?
Can all U-clips be replaced with O-clips?

Is there any particular reason for a certain mold or can I use the newer molds? Thanks!

Hey Daniel, So to the answer the first three, absolutely! With difference between the O and U clips, are you talking about the 1x1 tile clip ones? If so, there's a reason between the two.

They have different grip strength which becomes kind of important in a few ways. There are quite a few areas where you connect the two different clips together, this is helping make the connection less stressful to the pieces. There is also the ease of connecting to a bar. As you can tell, that's how I achieved all that greebling with little space. And finally, for aesthetics. Now if you're not too worried about damaging the clips (since they break easily anyways) or don't mind the look, then yeah, you can go all in on one of them. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 2mpaired said:

Hey Daniel, So to the answer the first three, absolutely! With difference between the O and U clips, are you talking about the 1x1 tile clip ones? If so, there's a reason between the two.

 They have different grip strength which becomes kind of important in a few ways. There are quite a few areas where you connect the two different clips together, this is helping make the connection less stressful to the pieces. There is also the ease of connecting to a bar. As you can tell, that's how I achieved all that greebling with little space. And finally, for aesthetics. Now if you're not too worried about damaging the clips (since they break easily anyways) or don't mind the look, then yeah, you can go all in on one of them. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Awesome, thanks for the swift reply! I suspected as much with the clips. No biggie, just wanted to make sure. :) Looking forward to building this soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.