2mpaired

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer - The Eviscerator

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Looking good so far! I was actually thinking of doing the same with the engines too. Looking forward to more!

I've been thinking about it from the start because I already had these parts for the monarch! And as good as the original design is, I really like it!

1 hour ago, Brick-Wombat said:

This is magnificent! Keep 'em coming! 

Thanks mate!

On 3/27/2020 at 4:23 PM, Evergreen said:

Finally finished this epic build! Thank you 2mpaired for designing and sharing the instructions for this MOC!!! 

Looks beautiful! Well done! I hope you thumbs didn't bleed! :tongue: Mine did for sure. Thank you for sharing! 

On 4/3/2020 at 4:52 AM, bricksmarlin said:

Finally I got my last order, and as promised here are the first WIP pics!
I have finished book 1 (stand), and I'm almost done with book 2 (substructure)!
For everybody who is/was afraid of nose drooping or something like that.........watch this!
There's only one word!
Insane!!!!!!!

That's what I was going for! Thanks for sharing! I really wanted to make sure there would be no question of compromised integrity for however long you would display it. Here's an image I posted on Instagram recently.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156132500@N03/49777836433/in/dateposted/

On 4/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, Evergreen said:

@bricksmarlin Ah completely forgot about that haha, yah I encountered that too. I just moved the bottom plate w/ pin holes by one plate up. 

Just a heads up, there will be a couple of minor errors in other books like duplicate pages, but the most issues are in Book 4 pages 110-113, 117-120, & 207-215 where the thing that shows the pieces required for the step is missing. Nothing major, but a little tricky. 

Thanks for letting me know of the errors. I'll try sending these off to Brickvault and see if we can get a fix for those errors.

On 4/6/2020 at 12:02 PM, danielwerner said:

Can someone confirm the dimensions of this please? I need both the length from the wall (assuming it's on a shelf against the wall) to the front side (facing the viewer) of the stand. I think 2mpaired said this was 19"? And also the length from the back of the model to the front side of the stand. Basically I want to know what size of shelf I need to display it in a corner.  Thanks! :)

I would love to get that info for you, however mine is torn down. If someone else could get him that info, that would be much appreciated! 

I can give you the dimensions in studs because I still have the digital model. However, it's not exact. I rounded up so you'd have more space rather than less. 
Back to Front of stand - 66 studs
Side of model to Other side of Stand - 58 studs

I hope that helps enough.

9 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Book 4 done, looking great so far.

I have made a small change to the engine section.

Hide contents

full

Love it! I was originally going to use those Death Star domes as well in my final model. But I really wanted it to be more accessible for people, because those half domes are super rare. So I redesigned it with something that is way available to people. I really love the way this looks though! Great edit!

RIP Eviscerator

This also the sad state of mine currently. However, seeing others have it built and displayed makes mine being destroyed a little more bearable. :tongue: 

I need a little help this time.
The section you can see on the pictures has such a tight fit that it's bent a little bit! And because of that there is a small gap which can be seen on the pictures! In the brickvault video it seems like it could fit a little better, but I'm not sure! Everything else seems to fit!
@Evergreen could you please post a picture of this section from your own model?

Spoiler

full

full

full

full

full

Edited by bricksmarlin

@2mpaired Looking forward to your next MOC! 

@bricksmarlin Definitely! I hope my pictures cover the area well, but if you need more I can definitely take more. Have you tried pushing down harder on that section or maybe reattaching it to different spots? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

Edited by Evergreen

22 hours ago, 2mpaired said:

I would love to get that info for you, however mine is torn down. If someone else could get him that info, that would be much appreciated! 

I can give you the dimensions in studs because I still have the digital model. However, it's not exact. I rounded up so you'd have more space rather than less. 
Back to Front of stand - 66 studs
Side of model to Other side of Stand - 58 studs

I hope that helps enough.

Perfect, thanks for taking the time! :) 66 studs equals 46,4 cm (18,3 inches) so if you rounded it up there should be a few cm to spare. Awesome!

On 4/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, Evergreen said:

@2mpaired Looking forward to your next MOC! 

@bricksmarlin Definitely! I hope my pictures cover the area well, but if you need more I can definitely take more. Have you tried pushing down harder on that section or maybe reattaching it to different spots? 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

Back on track!
Thanks for the pictures!
Silly mistake, I was just one stud offset here! :wall:

full

Now everything fits!

full

full

a little bit of greebling

Spoiler

full

full

full

full

full

full

Another little update.
I'm now finished with book 5.
Slowly there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Looks great so far! All the details with greebling and different heights, just awesome!

Sorry for the picture quality. Terrible light conditions.
When I'm done I will make better pictures.

Spoiler

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

6 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Another little update.
I'm now finished with book 5.
Slowly there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Looks great so far! All the details with greebling and different heights, just awesome!

Sorry for the picture quality. Terrible light conditions.
When I'm done I will make better pictures.

Looking good so far! Glad everything worked out with the engine section of the build. Placing the superstructure to the body might be a little tricky to fit snug btw.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:16 PM, bricksmarlin said:

Thank you @2mpaired for sharing the instructions for this wonderful MOC!!!

pics superstructure WIP

pics Eviscerator

Great shots! Those engines look really good with the death star bowls. I might have to change mines to like yours as well haha. Btw, are you planning on posting comparison shots to your other destroyers? 

Wow! unfortunatly, i have not enough place to build this kind of ships :pir-cry_sad: .  Your moc is way better than the UCS , congratulations!

My goodness @bricksmarlin! Those are some beautiful pictures! They're so clean! I need to work on my photography for sure. Thanks for sharing, you did an amazing job! I'm definitely going to use the half domes as well whenever I'm able to rebuild it and display it some where. 

Hey everyone! This is long overdue. I've had a few people ask me now about my previous engines, as well as seeing a few people editing their engines to utilize the death star domes. I took some inspirations from those and added some of my earlier designs to create some alternative engines. That way if you have those domes you can have the better looking engines without having to try and figure out on you own own.

"Edit - The entire model has been edited, so this is no longer relevant."

Edited by 2mpaired
Model Changed, Alt Engines No Longer Needed

16 hours ago, 2mpaired said:

Hey everyone! This is long overdue. I've had a few people ask me now about my previous engines, as well as seeing a few people editing their engines to utilize the death star domes. I took some inspirations from those and added some of my earlier designs to create some alternative engines. That way if you have those domes you can have the better looking engines without having to try and figure out on you own own.

ISD Engines Alternative

Thanks a lot! I bought three of them to use on the Monarch, but... then you went ahead and released this model. ;) 

A semi-dumb question though: The 2598 windscreens on your instructions, they're just placeholders for the Death Star domes right? I'm guessing the domes didn't exist in the application?

On 7/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, danielwerner said:

A semi-dumb question though: The 2598 windscreens on your instructions, they're just placeholders for the Death Star domes right? I'm guessing the domes didn't exist in the application?

Yeah. Since as far as I know the piece doesn't exist digitally. 

On 7/16/2020 at 4:34 PM, 2mpaired said:

ISD Engines Alternative

Sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, thank you for posting this! Almost all of my parts have come in for the build. I will be documenting my Eviscerator build on my YouTube channel LEGO SPOTLIGHT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkQm2hoGeYo&t=18s). Looking forward to doing a segment about the engine modifications!

On 7/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, Lego Spotlight said:

Sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, thank you for posting this! Almost all of my parts have come in for the build. I will be documenting my Eviscerator build on my YouTube channel LEGO SPOTLIGHT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkQm2hoGeYo&t=18s). Looking forward to doing a segment about the engine modifications!

No problem! I'm excited to see the doc! Also, you may want to hold off. I will possibly be putting out a pretty big edit as well as updating instructions that had errors soon.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:16 PM, 2mpaired said:

No problem! I'm excited to see the doc! Also, you may want to hold off. I will possibly be putting out a pretty big edit as well as updating instructions that had errors soon.

Aw man, I just received all of my parts. I haven't started building though. Do you think the part count will be very different? Is the edit being done because of a structural flaw?

Edited by Lego Spotlight
added a question.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, 2mpaired said:

Any update on this? :) It would be great if you'd note any part changes so I can update my partslist.

Also, any news on the alternative engines? Is that part of the updates you're working on? Or did I miss you already post about it? :O

9 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Any update on this? :) It would be great if you'd note any part changes so I can update my partslist.

Also, any news on the alternative engines? Is that part of the updates you're working on? Or did I miss you already post about it? :O

The alternate engine builds have been posted. I think they are even on this page. Just scroll up ?

Hey everyone, I have finished the edit for the Star Destroyer. So I’m a bit disappointed that BrickVault didn’t reach out to everyone who has already bought the destroyer instructions and let you all know of version 2. Maybe they want to test them first, I don’t know. I know there may be a video noting the changes but either way, the changes have been made and submitted. 

The changes are as followed:

There were quite a few errors on the instructions that I was not aware of until I re-built the model myself. Which was pretty upsetting and I did not want people who bought these instructions (especially since I don’t get to set the price) to feel like they could not complete the model, which was happening for some. To the others who successfully built it, outstanding job! 

So version 2 has a complete revamp of the instructions. I’m hoping I got rid of all the errors, but due to the size of this entire project, some may have gotten through. I gave BrickVault everything, so they should be able to make fixes a lot easier from here on out. 

Now this wasn’t just an instruction fix, it was also an edit to the model. I made the entire thing thinner. I thought the model was too fat in the center so I reduced the thickness by half. So instead of the greebling being 2 studs wide, it’s now 1 stud wide. 

Now here’s the great part, if you already built the model, you do not need to tear down your entire model to edit. I made it to where you can make the changes without destroying your entire model. The things that were edited can stay assembled except the side greebling, since this is where all the changes happen. Now this isn’t a, “buy a ton more parts to edit” kind of thing. I made it to where this was mostly a reallocation of pieces. I made sure that the Needed Extra Pieces for Edit parts list was as small as possible. The last thing I wanted was for people to have to spend way more money on something they already bought and built. The parts list for the edit is about $20-$25 and it’s about 100 pieces. 

These extra pieces are for the small amount of frame editing, that better accommodates for the thinner profile, as well as the front of the bottom panels to attach to the frame. This is where some people thought there might have to be a front support stand because it looked like it was drooping. Which the people who have built this, know this not to be even close to true, as that frame is built to withstand a hurricane, but I digress. So it was confusing that the front anchor didn’t make it into the final instructions, but whatever, it’s fixed now. And then the last few extra pieces are for some small aesthetics as well as some slight engine changes that work with the thinner profile.

Now as for what files are in the update. So the current instructions that you all have, those are null and void. I have redone all instruction books (1-7). For the people who have already built it, there is a word doc (As well as an edit parts list) that is in there that will walk you through the editing process using the new and updated instructions as a reference. For anyone who hasn’t built it yet, now worries, just follow the new instructions like before.

There are also two different versions for the engines. There’s the one using the cones as the standard, since the half domes are so rare. And then there’s the half dome engines as an alternative. So if you have the half domes, I got you covered with that as well. Ignore the alternative engines I made before this post as they will not work with the edited model. I will try to remember to edit that post so no one uses those again.

I think that’s everything. If you have questions, I will try my best to respond to them as quickly as I can. Here is a render of the old and edited version of the destroyer so you all can see the changes yourself.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156132500@N03/50409041622/in/dateposted-public/

2 hours ago, Lego Spotlight said:

The alternate engine builds have been posted. I think they are even on this page. Just scroll up ?

Haha, thanks! I totally forgot about it. I even responded to the alternate instructions myself. Doh!

But if I understand correctly, that old PDF should not be used, so I'll eagerly await the new instructions. No big deal for me, I haven't seriously begun buying the parts yet.

Edited by danielwerner