2mpaired

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer - The Eviscerator

On 1/8/2020 at 1:17 AM, Evergreen said:

You have to manually copy-paste the contents of the file to the "Upload BrickLink XML format" section. I recommend copy-pasting from the txt file instead of the XML file. 

yeeeahh..it worked!!! thank you!!! :laugh::laugh:

Idk how many of you guys are in this situation, but if your planning on breaking down Raskolnikov's ISD to build this, about 9600 parts from the Aggressor can be used for this. So assuming your not including parts from your collection, you'll have to buy around ~9500 more parts to build this. 

On 1/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, Theo van Vroenhoven said:

@2mpaired  Can you explain how the bottom panels are connected to the frame? This is normally the weakest point in these large builds.

And can you share the partslist? I am really curious how many parts I am still missing! Or will this be on Rebrickable soon?

Congratulations on this amazing build!

There are pins along the sides of the frame and technic links towards the center of the frame that holds them in place. This one of the stronger parts on my build. You can shake the heck out of it, with the bottom panels attached, without any movement of the panels or frame. Here's a shot of me wielding the destroyer like a shield. As far as the model on Rebrickable, I'm unsure. I'm not the one distributing the instructions, so it's not really my call. However, I'll mention it to them and see if that is an option we can do.

Shield of the Empire
On 1/9/2020 at 7:54 AM, Banzayn said:

yeeeahh..it worked!!! thank you!!! :laugh::laugh:

I'm glad you were able to get it to work! :classic:

Hey just a quick question, for the 2555 1x1 clips do we need 553 of them or 768 of them? I heard someone on IG say they had to get 768, but on the PL from BV shows 553. 

17 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Hey just a quick question, for the 2555 1x1 clips do we need 553 of them or 768 of them? I heard someone on IG say they had to get 768, but on the PL from BV shows 553. 

553 is what is needed.

4 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Ordered the last missing parts today.
I'm really looking forward to start this beautiful built within the next few days.

Nice! I had to break down the Aggressor to get about half the parts for this haha. Will you be doing a comparison with all your ISD's after your done? 

1 hour ago, Evergreen said:

Nice! I had to break down the Aggressor to get about half the parts for this haha. Will you be doing a comparison with all your ISD's after your done? 

Unfortunately I had to do the same with my monarch.
The reason why I chose the Eviscerator in this case is the way the model is built.
The thing is actually an Aggressor (slightly larger / without interior / with an reinforced base structure / and studless look).
And that's awesome! Because that means it's going to be rock solid!
There won't be anything like nose drooping or whatsoever!
Like the Aggressor, perfect to be displayed for a very long time.

And yes, I can do a little comparison with the other ISD's.
At least with the Aggressor and the Executor.

Assuming I could get about 2000 dollars for a 100% complete (unbuilt) Aggessor, should I sell it or use it for parts?

Edited by danielwerner

14 hours ago, 2mpaired said:

That's awesome!! I'd love to see pics of your progress if you're able to!

I will definitely post some WIP pictures as soon as I start building!
By the way, thanks for the opportunity to build this masterpiece.
You really did an awesome job here.
Can't wait to see the model in real life!

9 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Assuming I could get about 2000 dollars for a 100% complete (unbuilt) Aggessor, should I sell it or use it for parts?

I have no idea.
It depends a lot on which parts can be used for the Eviscerator!
I guess I would stay with the parts, but I haven't compared the ships to each other.
Maybe Evergreen can say something about it.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:01 PM, danielwerner said:

I would recommend to use it for parts because you can use about half the parts for the Eviscerator or ~9000 pieces. The rest of the other pieces could cost around $1200 from my guess, but I was able to bring my cost down to ~$900 with shipping by going through my parts and using LEGO's Bricks and Pieces for certain pieces. It will take a lot of time though, but in the current situation we are in it might actually be good to spend that extra time organizing haha. Anyhow, that's just my recommendation :)

Finished books 1 and 2 and I'm halfway through 3. Can't wait to see the final result!  

Finally finished this epic build! Thank you 2mpaired for designing and sharing the instructions for this MOC!!! 

IMG_2573.jpgIMG_2569.JPG

Heres a comparison to @onecase SSD Executor 

IMG_2565.JPG

Edited by Evergreen

9 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Finally finished this epic build!

Congrats!
That looks awesome!
Sadly I haven't started yet!
I'm still waiting for one last little order, but it should arrive today (hopefully)!
So fingers crossed!

Finally I got my last order, and as promised here are the first WIP pics!
I have finished book 1 (stand), and I'm almost done with book 2 (substructure)!
For everybody who is/was afraid of nose drooping or something like that.........watch this!
There's only one word!
Insane!!!!!!!

Spoiler

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Edited by bricksmarlin

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

@bricksmarlin Looking great so far! Your WIP shots are always great as usual haha. Can't wait to see more 

@Evergreen thanks mate!

By the way, there is one small error in book 2!
On page 305/306 (step 357/358)!
But you only have to change this two steps!

In the manual it's shown like that,

full

full

but it has to look like that!

full

Otherwise it's impossible to get the beams in place!

full

@bricksmarlin Ah completely forgot about that haha, yah I encountered that too. I just moved the bottom plate w/ pin holes by one plate up. 

Just a heads up, there will be a couple of minor errors in other books like duplicate pages, but the most issues are in Book 4 pages 110-113, 117-120, & 207-215 where the thing that shows the pieces required for the step is missing. Nothing major, but a little tricky. 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:29 AM, Evergreen said:

@bricksmarlin Ah completely forgot about that haha, yah I encountered that too. I just moved the bottom plate w/ pin holes by one plate up. 

Just a heads up, there will be a couple of minor errors in other books like duplicate pages, but the most issues are in Book 4 pages 110-113, 117-120, & 207-215 where the thing that shows the pieces required for the step is missing. Nothing major, but a little tricky. 

@Evergreen Ok thanks!
I checked the pages you mentioned.
But as you said, no big deal.

Otherwise here's a little update from my WIP.
It's not much, (I needed a little break) but at least book 2 is done!
Tomorrow I'll start with book 3.

Spoiler

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Edited by bricksmarlin

@bricksmarlin Great progress photos! Looking forward to seeing consecutive updates. 

One small request though, would you mind putting these images in spoilers? Makes navigating the page and the screenshots much easier. :classic:

Can someone confirm the dimensions of this please? I need both the length from the wall (assuming it's on a shelf against the wall) to the front side (facing the viewer) of the stand. I think 2mpaired said this was 19"? And also the length from the back of the model to the front side of the stand. Basically I want to know what size of shelf I need to display it in a corner.  Thanks! :)

Edited by danielwerner

Book 4 done, looking great so far.

I have made a small change to the engine section.

Spoiler

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Edited by bricksmarlin

6 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Book 4 done, looking great so far.

I have made a small change to the engine section.

Reveal hidden contents

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Looking good so far! I was actually thinking of doing the same with the engines too. Looking forward to more!