2mpaired

[MOC] Imperial Star Destroyer - The Eviscerator

18 minutes ago, Brandon8o said:

And it is my understanding that Jerac has no plan/intention of sharing design instructions? 

Lol, well I don’t believe instructions exist so I guess not. But how many people would actually be able to afford or even have the skill to build it? Let alone store it. It’s enormous and would cost a small fortune!

its a bit like Raskolnikovs Tyrant. People look at these things and think, yeah I’ll build that, with absolutely no comprehension of the scale of the undertaking. Most of them wouldn’t even be able to build these things if they tried and would give up through impatience after the first few months. 

This MOC is incredible! The model definitely has a studio model feel to it, which I really prefer over a design like the 10030 Star Destroyer with studs everywhere. I read that you said this is 37lbs, woah.

Excellent job, is there an estimation as to when BrickVault will complete the instructions?

6 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Lol, well I don’t believe instructions exist so I guess not. But how many people would actually be able to afford or even have the skill to build it? Let alone store it. It’s enormous and would cost a small fortune!

its a bit like Raskolnikovs Tyrant. People look at these things and think, yeah I’ll build that, with absolutely no comprehension of the scale of the undertaking. Most of them wouldn’t even be able to build these things if they tried and would give up through impatience after the first few months. 

Ditto. 

9 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Fair. Even if detailed instructions existed, the trouble of acquiring all the parts would make it really impractical, not to mention the space needed.

4 hours ago, Brandon8o said:

Fair. Even if detailed instructions existed, the trouble of acquiring all the parts would make it really impractical, not to mention the space needed.

Especially for Jerac’s. 40,000 pieces!!!! (estimated) ouch!

4 hours ago, Brandon8o said:

Not to forget the weight of the MOC, it would definitely break

13 hours ago, Brandon8o said:

Lepin have produced Raskolnikov's set. Someone posted a review on Reddit. Apparently, it was missing a bunch of pieces but would get you most of the way there. Of course, you have all of the ethical issues associated with supporting them...

30 minutes ago, Csaba said:

Lepin have produced Raskolnikov's set. Someone posted a review on Reddit. Apparently, it was missing a bunch of pieces but would get you most of the way there. Of course, you have all of the ethical issues associated with supporting them...

Yeah, but that’s the Aggressor, the 15,000 piece one. That one is entirely practical for most people to build (I know because I’ve built it.. in real lego) and was created solely for that purpose. We’re talking about the really big isd’s here. The Tyrant is 35,000 pieces and the Chimeara (Jerac’s) is 40,0000. Way too impractical for most people, not that that stops people from thinking these things are easy to make and requesting instructions.

2 hours ago, Rubblemaker said:

Yeah, but that’s the Aggressor, the 15,000 piece one. That one is entirely practical for most people to build (I know because I’ve built it.. in real lego) and was created solely for that purpose. We’re talking about the really big isd’s here. The Tyrant is 35,000 pieces and the Chimeara (Jerac’s) is 40,0000. Way too impractical for most people, not that that stops people from thinking these things are easy to make and requesting instructions.

I don't think people requesting instructions think it's "easy" to make. They just want a challenge that can last then for a while. Even the 7000+ piece Millenium Falcon can go by too fast for some. So something that would take a lot longer can be appealing. 

On 12/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, Cjd223 said:

This MOC is incredible! The model definitely has a studio model feel to it, which I really prefer over a design like the 10030 Star Destroyer with studs everywhere. I read that you said this is 37lbs, woah.

Excellent job, is there an estimation as to when BrickVault will complete the instructions?

https://www.brickvault.toys/collections/all/products/imperial-star-destroyer

On 12/31/2019 at 5:44 PM, Rubblemaker said:

Ah, I didn't realise Raskolnikov had built another even bigger set. That's what happens when you read threads drunk on New Year's Eve :)

Hi 2mpaired...really impressed by your model

I just purchased your instuctions, and I was wandering if you could supply a list of pieces in Pdf format, in order to check them visually from my stocks.

thank you for your great Moc

22 hours ago, Brandon8o said:

How would be people compare this to the Monarch in terms of being a display piece?

I think this one is a bit better of a display piece rather than the Monarch mainly because of the stand and the greebling. I don't really like the stand for the Monarch where it has 3 stands (2 on the core and 1 in front) and a bit low for my taste. With 2mpaired's ISD it stands on a single stand and from what I can see in the photos pretty tall. And the greebling just looks really nice for this one, but Onecases is still really good. Just down to preference. And if you want a interior you got Raskolnikov's ISD. 

What does it for me is the stability of the ship, and the possibility to easily take apart the modules in order to transport it. That's awesome in my opinion. Of course, Raskolnikovs and Onecases MOCs are also incredible - the former because it has a detailed interior, and the latter because it does it with way fewer pieces. I don't think you can go wrong with either version, but I feel this one is for me.

Now can people please stop making better and better Star Destroyers? I bought all the pieces for the Agressor - then the Monarch came along and I started buying some pieces for that - now I'm abandoning that project to go for this one. :tongue:

oh my, i have jut looked at an estimated price for the parts of the Monarch, it's way above what my wife can allow me to spend *huh*

On 1/5/2020 at 7:56 AM, Banzayn said:

Hi 2mpaired...really impressed by your model

I just purchased your instuctions, and I was wandering if you could supply a list of pieces in Pdf format, in order to check them visually from my stocks.

thank you for your great Moc

Thank you! With the instructions you get a parts list that is XML format. You can copy and paste that parts list over at Bricklink.com in 'want' tab at the top and upload the parts list. It will give you a pic of all the pieces in the build. :classic:

On 1/4/2020 at 2:01 AM, macaron35 said:

just wondering how they are moving these ISD when they are participate to Lego conventions 

Most of the destroyers are modular, especially mine. Here's a pic with most of the modular pieces taken off. Makes it way easier to transport.ISD_007_1024x1024.png?v=1577956373 

On 1/6/2020 at 6:39 PM, 2mpaired said:

Thank you! With the instructions you get a parts list that is XML format. You can copy and paste that parts list over at Bricklink.com in 'want' tab at the top and upload the parts list. It will give you a pic of all the pieces in the build. :classic:

Most of the destroyers are modular, especially mine. Here's a pic with most of the modular pieces taken off. Makes it way easier to transport.ISD_007_1024x1024.png?v=1577956373 

HI 

I am not able to upload the xml file on Bricklink ....Imperial star destroyer.xml is not supported..

am I doing anything wrong?

thanks again

39 minutes ago, Banzayn said:

HI 

I am not able to upload the xml file on Bricklink ....Imperial star destroyer.xml is not supported..

am I doing anything wrong?

thanks again

You have to manually copy-paste the contents of the file to the "Upload BrickLink XML format" section. I recommend copy-pasting from the txt file instead of the XML file. 

This is absolutely gorgeous! 

I just finished building the Aggressor, and now I have another behemoth to save up for!

This is a really impressive design!
I watched the video on Youtube and the model is really growing on me!

@2mpaired  Can you explain how the bottom panels are connected to the frame? This is normally the weakest point in these large builds.

And can you share the partslist? I am really curious how many parts I am still missing! Or will this be on Rebrickable soon?

Congratulations on this amazing build!