mahjqa

42109 clone chassis - no new diff needed

49244972067_45b2123c89_z.jpg

This was a very quick build, but hopefully it's of use to someone. 
Today, Lego updated their Control+ app to include support for the 42109 Top Gear rally car.
I wanted to try it, but since I already have a 42100, I really don't want to spend the extra money for the new set. Also, I really wanted to have the model 15 studs wide, so it'd be more in scale with the Corvette and the Car Transporter

As far as I can tell, this chassis should work just like the original 42109 set. Wheelbase and steering geometry are basically the same, and the smaller wheels and different gearing cancel eachother out, so it should also be just as fast as the original. 

Of course, the design could use some tidying up and some panels, but I think it's a good start. 

So if you own a Liebherr or a 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader, you can now use your existing Powered Up motors to play with a set you don't actually have. 

Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28134808@N02/albums/72157712278363122

Theoretically, yes. However, you'd either have to give up the 15-stud width, or the properly secured axles.