Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

Welcome NEW Licensed MOD VBBN & Forum Updates

Hello members of the Licensed Forum, 

Today we welcome fellow member @VBBN as the newest Licensed Forum Moderator. :thumbup: Previously moderator to the Lego Action Figures sub-forum, VBBN has transferred over to the Licensed to help run this ever increasing sub-forum of Eurobricks. You may have already seen his increased activity over here. Along with @Clone OPatra and myself, the three of us will be your Licensed staff team going into the new year! 

Let's wish VBBN best of luck! he will need it. :blush:

---

And while I have your attention, I do also want to post a reminder about 2020 threads. Myself and the other two Licensed moderators will be generating and creating new threads dedicated to all theme discussion (i.e. 2020) threads for release on January 1st 2020. Please do not independently create your own, we will close them. All of the 2019 threads will be unpinned and replaced with new 2020 threads. All relevant theme discussion can then continue (whether it is about 2019 or 2020 sets/info) in the new 2020 threads. This condensed form of forum organization has worked very well for the back half of 2019 and I expect it to continue just as smoothly as we move into 2020.  

At this time I do not have plans to remove and not replace pinned threads (though looking at you closely Overwatch) or add additional new pinned theme threads (bit early Trolls and Minions). This may change in early 2020 when we start hearing about the ending or continuation of various Licensed lines, and their apparent importance in Lego's portfolio. 

Any suggestions on theme thread inclusions/exclusions are welcome, as is general feedback on how the new Licensed forum structure has been going are more than welcome. 

Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

And while I have your attention, I do also want to post a reminder about 2020 threads. Myself and the other two Licensed moderators will be generating and creating new threads dedicated to all theme discussion (i.e. 2020) threads for release on January 1st 2020. Please do not independently create your own, we will close them. All of the 2019 threads will be unpinned and replaced with new 2020 threads. All relevant theme discussion can then continue (whether it is about 2019 or 2020 sets/info) in the new 2020 threads. This condensed form of forum organization has worked very well for the back half of 2019 and I expect it to continue just as smoothly as we move into 2020.  

At this time I do not have plans to remove and not replace pinned threads (though looking at you closely Overwatch) or add additional new pinned theme threads (bit early Trolls and Minions). This may change in early 2020 when we start hearing about the ending or continuation of various Licensed lines, and their apparent importance in Lego's portfolio. 

Will any preexisting 2020 topics here be then merged with 2019 topics at that point? :shrug_confused:

45 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Will any preexisting 2020 topics here be then merged with 2019 topics at that point? :shrug_confused:

Well there shouldn't be any preexisting 2020 topics...so no. New 2020 threads will be created on the 1st, and go the conversation can continue from there. :thumbup:

We won't merge them, as it is still beneficial to have distinct year threads (so 2019 & 2020) for future reference, even if the discussions within said threads have some overlap at the beginning and ending of their life cycle.  

8 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Well there shouldn't be any preexisting 2020 topics...so no.

Oh? Then, what should become of at least these locked topics? :def_shrug:

@Digger of Bricks Nothing will become of them, they will remain closed. We will generate entirely new threads on the 1st, for overall clarity and to ensure their time stamped correctly for future reference. :thumbup:

On 12/20/2019 at 2:47 AM, Captain Nemo said:

@Digger of Bricks Nothing will become of them, they will remain closed. We will generate entirely new threads on the 1st, for overall clarity and to ensure their time stamped correctly for future reference. :thumbup:

I strongly disagree with this. We have already commenced conversations on such sets and it is only logical we continue with such threads. You even said yourself you will unlock the threads on January 1st.

Wouldn't be easier to keep the current ones and just update the year on the name of the thread?

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

I strongly disagree with this. We have already commenced conversations on such sets and it is only logical we continue with such threads. You even said yourself you will unlock the threads on January 1st.

I don’t believe that is what I said in those threads. Regardless, those referenced threads have been locked since June—all relevant and timely discussions have since taken place elsewhere, in the 2019 threads. All relevant discussion will then move to new 2020 threads come January 1st, with the closure/locking of the 2019 threads.

I don’t intend to reuse those referenced threads just because they were created ‘first’. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Wouldn't be easier to keep the current ones and just update the year on the name of the thread?

Technically, yes, that would be simple renaming. But for archival purposes, I want to keep distinct year threads, as opposed creating/having one massive thread that spans hundreds of pages across multiple years. 

8 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I don’t believe that is what I said in those threads. Regardless, those referenced threads have been locked since June—all relevant and timely discussions have since taken place elsewhere, in the 2019 threads. All relevant discussion will then move to new 2020 threads come January 1st, with the closure/locking of the 2019 threads.

I don’t intend to reuse those referenced threads just because they were created ‘first’. 

I still think it'd help to merge those earlier topics with their 2019 counterparts, especially in the case of the one 2020 Overwatch topic I prematurely kicked-off, given what now seems to be the case regarding the fate of theme. :shrug_confused:

15 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Technically, yes, that would be simple renaming. But for archival purposes, I want to keep distinct year threads, as opposed creating/having one massive thread that spans hundreds of pages across multiple years. 

Got it.

Thanks for the reply